ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Washington DC and The Holy Land>If I ever meet Ben Shapiro.
El Lobo Gordo 02:01 AM 05-02-2019
If I ever get the chance to meet Ben Shapiro, I would like him to comment on the following arguments. I am probably not ever going to meet him so if you want to take his place....here is your chance!

Argument 1
Premise 1: It is wrong to kill another human being unless you have too.
Premise 2: Abortion is the killing of another human being.
Premise 3: Most abortions are undertaken for convenience.
Conclusion: Most abortions are wrong.

Argument 2
Premise 2: Capital Punishment is the killing of another human being.
Premise 3: In the USA capital punishment isn't necessary.
Conclusion: Capital Punishment in the USA is wrong.

Do you disagree with either one or both arguments and why?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:44 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
In biblical times capital punishment was a universal necessity. Society wasn't technologically/economically capable of effectively incarcerating members who demonstrated they were a threat. For that society to protect itself, it had to kill criminals or employ pain punishments to deter them. Today's society almost always has the luxury of respecting a human beings inalienable right to life.
Nah, regardless of the times whether archaic or these modern times evil is still evil and needs to be dealt with and capital punishment is a good deterrent when enforced. Funny, with all of our advanced technology, societies have only become more violent and evil. Regardless of technology "The Law of the Jungle" will always rule is my point.

Again, God in His Word gives us the choice in free will to determine through governance as to how to deal with crime; either incarceration or death depending on the circumstances. Because man is flawed and sinful, yes there will be innocent people falsely accused and imprisoned for life or put on death row from time to time unjustly for whatever reasons and by all means their innocence and freedom should be pursued and won.

Take your statement above that I bolded and tell that to Planned Parenthood.:-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:54 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I agree with both arguments. Capital Punishment is very expensive in our modern world, and we'd be better off putting them to work for the remainder of their lives so that they at contribute something to society.
I keep hearing how capital punishment is very expensive, but no one provides any back-up such as numbers on the cost of something like lethal injection, hanging even; or what could be the least expensive form of capital punishment for a capital offense of taking another life—unless in self-defense. What would be the least expensive? Firing squad. How much could that possibly cost?

Even the price of being caught as a spy or if one is guilty of treason is punishable by death per US Codes.

Then comparing those costs to a life time of food, incarceration in a prison and healthcare to the prisoner.

You might toss in the costs of those appeals as well.

How 'bout it, instead of just asserting something as so. After that, then we can discern if the price of justice is worth it in terms of actual costs versus other social costs to society.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:00 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
If I ever get the chance to meet Ben Shapiro, I would like him to comment on the following arguments. I am probably not ever going to meet him so if you want to take his place....here is your chance!

Argument 1
Premise 2: Abortion is the killing of another human being.
Premise 3: Most abortions are undertaken for convenience.
Conclusion: Most abortions are wrong.

Argument 2
Premise 2: Capital Punishment is the killing of another human being.
Premise 3: In the USA capital punishment isn't necessary.
Conclusion: Capital Punishment in the USA is wrong.

Do you disagree with either one or both arguments and why?
Problem is what you consider wrong which not everyone agrees with.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:04 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I keep hearing how capital punishment is very expensive, but no one provides any back-up such as numbers on the cost of something like lethal injection, hanging even; or what could be the least expensive form of capital punishment for a capital offense of taking another life—unless in self-defense. What would be the least expensive? Firing squad. How much could that possibly cost?

Even the price of being caught as a spy or if one is guilty of treason is punishable by death per US Codes.

Then comparing those costs to a life time of food, incarceration in a prison and healthcare to the prisoner.

You might toss in the costs of those appeals as well.

How 'bout it, instead of just asserting something as so. After that, then we can discern if the price of justice is worth it in terms of actual costs versus other social costs to society.
The costs of an execution are minimal. A few bullets, or some rope, and some labor cost, and you've got an execution.

Where the costs really come in is in the satisfying of the SCOTUS requirements, the housing, and the lawyering.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:34 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The costs of an execution are minimal. A few bullets, or some rope, and some labor cost, and you've got an execution.

Where the costs really come in is in the satisfying of the SCOTUS requirements, the housing, and the lawyering.
Interesting but okay.

I wonder how much that add up to compared to a lifetime incarceration, food and healthcare costs. My guess is this would vary with the culprits age. Like if he-she was convicted at age 20 compared to someone in their 50's, 60's or 70's. Then you have to figure housing, lawyering for the appeals process even without capital punishment.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:47 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Yarmulke Ben tries out a 10-gallon with the one eyed Rep

Long live the TAPS act!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:57 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Long live the TAPS act!
That bill is disgusting and unAmerican. You should create a thread on that to expose that fascist.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:00 PM 07-16-2019
He should, because I pulled up a few links to find out what it is and I canít tell what it even does.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:08 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
He should, because I pulled up a few links to find out what it is and I can’t tell what it even does.
The government can basically take your guns away because you *MIGHT* commit a crime in the future, pro American and all that jaz.

[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:23 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Nah, regardless of the times whether archaic or these modern times evil is still evil and needs to be dealt with and capital punishment is a good deterrent when enforced. Funny, with all of our advanced technology, societies have only become more violent and evil. Regardless of technology "The Law of the Jungle" will always rule is my point.
If you are including children violently killed in the womb, then you're probably right. But if you are an adult living today, you are less likely to die in a war or violent crime than if you lived 100 years ago or any random selected time.

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Again, God in His Word gives us the choice in free will to determine through governance as to how to deal with crime; either incarceration or death depending on the circumstances. Because man is flawed and sinful, yes there will be innocent people falsely accused and imprisoned for life or put on death row from time to time unjustly for whatever reasons and by all means their innocence and freedom should be pursued and won.
This suggests you do not believe human beings have an inalienable right to life.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:25 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Problem is what you consider wrong which not everyone agrees with.
I realize not everyone thinks they way I think.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:42 AM 07-23-2019
Yarmulke Ben jumped the gun on the Convington HS kids public lynching:

[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up