ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1801 of 2690
« First < 801130117011751179117971798179918001801 18021803180418051811185119012301 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Bump 01:41 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
How can Mahomes have 6 Super Bowls when he’s only started 2 seasons?....
Pats fan logic. "See, he's not that great! only like 9K passing yards and 90 TD passes and only 1 Superbowl win and only 1 MVP? pfffffffff, look at our QB that has played for 2 decades and compare the stats"
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:24 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
maybe it's been talked about before, but when re-watching the game, especially the mic'd up version. i noticed the exchange between moore and mahomes. mahomes response was odd. then it comes out in the news today, that mahomes almost exploded due to everyone telling him there was plenty of time in the game. then later apologized.

i thought something was off in that exchange, now this explains it :-)

we have to remember he is still a kid :-)
Huh? When was it reported that Pat got angry? Have a link?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 03:39 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by neech:

https://theblast.com/c/patrick-mahom...ightclub-jewel
"The group included quarterback and Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes and his #1 target WR Travis Kelce."

Top notch journalism
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:30 AM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Can we put to bed this nonsense now about being a "winner"? Patrick Mahomes wasn't a winner in college. He didn't even have a .500 record. And it doesn't matter. He doesn't play defense, he plays offense. He only has control of one thing. The only reason he had as many picks as he did in college (and it still wasn't that much) was because he was trying to win games. Not care about his stats or QB rating like alot of soft QBs do.

Just like last year. What was he supposed to do? We had a historically bad defense. Should have two Super Bowls if it wasn't for Bob fucking Sutton. Three if it wasn't for Alex fucking Smiff.
I wasn't upset because we drafted Mahomes. I watched enough Big 12 football to see his talent, and to understand that in a league with many bad defenses, the Texas Tech defense was historically bad. Watching him in college, I didn't think there was another college QB that could do what Mahomes did. My only concern was his lack of footwork in the pocket.

I was just afraid that Watson would be the 2017 version of Kelly and Marino. Jim Kelly was the 14th pick, and Marino was the 27th pick, and they are both in the HOF. We drafted Blackledge with the 7th pick.

Since it was the first time we had drafted a QB in the 1st round since Blackledge, I just thought the same thing would happen with Watson.

But, that being said, Watson showed out against Alabama and other SEC schools that were loaded with NFL defensive players, and defense mattered in the SEC. The Big 12 was filled with teams with a lack of NFL defensive talent, and as a whole the Big 12 really seemed to not care about defense at all. There were reasons to believe that he could be a star in the NFL too.

I don't think I was the only one who was afraid that Because Chiefs would strike again.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:25 PM 02-11-2020
Mahomes had absolute dog shit around him. Look at the plays he made at Tech, they are the same he makes dropping jaws today. Best prospect I've ever seen in regards to pure talent.. Should have gone unanimously number 1. Fuck Watson. He's never been in Patrick's league skill wise
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:27 PM 02-11-2020
How the hell can someone watch Turdbisky or Watson and then Mahomes and think they'd be a better pro prospect. Just absolute embarrassing and Bears fans should never get over this.
[Reply]
Dayze 12:46 PM 02-11-2020
Bears and Buffalo will are like the Chiefs fans the last 40 years thinking about the 1983 draft class, and thinking about what might have been.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:49 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Huh? When was it reported that Pat got angry? Have a link?
https://clutchpoints.com/chiefs-news...l-54-comeback/

:-)
[Reply]
DRM08 01:14 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Mahomes had absolute dog shit around him. Look at the plays he made at Tech, they are the same he makes dropping jaws today. Best prospect I've ever seen in regards to pure talent.. Should have gone unanimously number 1. **** Watson. He's never been in Patrick's league skill wise
It’s true man. We wasted his talent at Tech because Kliff was not able to recruit worth a damn. Really sad waste of extreme talent at the QB position, but also the ultimate proof that it’s a team game!

I was talking with a buddy the other day. Joe Burrow is only 1 year younger than Mahomes. Imagine Patrick with 5-star guys around him at a powerhouse like LSU. It would be incredible to watch.
[Reply]
bsp4444 01:30 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Imagine Patrick with 5-star guys around him at a powerhouse like LSU. It would be incredible to watch.
It would be like winning a Superbowl!!
[Reply]
Sorce 01:41 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I was talking with a buddy the other day. Joe Burrow is only 1 year younger than Mahomes. Imagine Patrick with 5-star guys around him at a powerhouse like LSU. It would be incredible to watch.
Yeah but then he would be the unanimous number 1 pick and we would still be trotting out Alex Smith.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:37 PM 02-11-2020
it's so beautiful

[Reply]
BWillie 03:44 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Mahomes had absolute dog shit around him. Look at the plays he made at Tech, they are the same he makes dropping jaws today. Best prospect I've ever seen in regards to pure talent.. Should have gone unanimously number 1. **** Watson. He's never been in Patrick's league skill wise
To be fair, he did have Keke Coutee who is a reasonable NFL receiver. He had no tight end at all, though.

Either way, you are definitely right. Drafting solely winners" in college rarely is a good idea. Draft players who have a pedigree of success and skill at their position.

Even though he was a sub .500 QB in college, Mahomes put up points. Tons of points. Record breaking amount of points. And nobody gave a shit because his defense was so shitty. So in my book, he's always been a winner anyway. He can't play defense.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:49 PM 02-11-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
it's so beautiful

Can this be purchased?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:51 PM 02-11-2020
Phase 1 of a Mahomes extension complete!

The Chiefs have re-signed WR Gehrig Dieter. He’s back in the fold for further development with the Super Bowl champs after finishing the season on the practice squad.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 11, 2020

[Reply]
Page 1801 of 2690
« First < 801130117011751179117971798179918001801 18021803180418051811185119012301 > Last »
Up