ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 18
« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Time Mag: Entertainer of the Year (2019)
Prison Bitch 08:51 AM 12-12-2019

Surely, in the year of our lord 2019, you know who Lizzo is. I mean, even if you don’t think you know, girl—you know.

https://time.com/entertainer-of-the-year-2019-lizzo/
[Reply]
eDave 05:26 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
You do you boo.
Your fucking right I will.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:54 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
:-)

What is the terms used here for this type of exchange?

Oh yeah... tapout accepted.
Nothing to tap out to.

I find it interesting that you came into every TIME and SI thread declaring that because people didn't care about the mags, that their opinion was somehow invalidated or didn't matter.

Newsflash:You aren't the arbitrator on these topics.

you want to defend the choices, fine, but not everyone is going to buy into this girl.

As it should be.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:55 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
No. Like the drive it takes to be her right now, to write your own shit, to sing your own shit, to play your own shit on an instrument at an expert level, to dance to your own shit, to have your shit heard and received by millions, to draw millions to your shit, to be respected by millions for your shit, to be respected by those that matter in her industry for your shit, and to make million$$$. For your shit.

I've guessing no. But you go ahead and criticize someone doing more than you with their lives. This girl earned this. There are no overnight sensations.
key word is shit.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:14 PM 12-13-2019
This thing has exploded into the biggest shitshow the lounge has seen in a looong time

Harsh snap judgements and virtue signaling galore, it’s apparently illegal to have an opinion these days... many of us have legit never even heard of her until now

So spare us the insults about what a universally recognized phenom she is.... can she be a strange choice without naysayers being racist, fat shaming hillbillies?
[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:22 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This thing has exploded into the biggest shitshow the lounge has seen in a looong time

Harsh snap judgements and virtue signaling galore, it’s apparently illegal to have an opinion these days... many of us have legit never even heard of her until now

So spare us the insults about what a universally recognized phenom she is.... can she be a strange choice without naysayers being racist, fat shaming hillbillies?
Yes, if they're not being racist fat shaming hillbillies.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:23 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Nothing to tap out to.

I find it interesting that you came into every TIME and SI thread declaring that because people didn't care about the mags, that their opinion was somehow invalidated or didn't matter.

Newsflash:You aren't the arbitrator on these topics.

you want to defend the choices, fine, but not everyone is going to buy into this girl.

As it should be.
To say that she is a subpar talent and that she "has to show her ass to sell records" is unequivocally incorrect. You not liking her music or her persona doesn't change that. No arbitration needed. It is akin to me saying Jimi Hendrix had to be a junkie in order to sell records to dirty hippies.

I don't like Jimi Hendrix and think he makes noise and not music. That said... I recognize the talent he has, people who know more about guitar music than I say he is amazing, and I see and appreciate his technical skill.

I don't get to say Jimi is sub-par talent when his peers recognize him to be outstanding just because I don't like his music.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:24 PM 12-13-2019
Terrible music BTW
[Reply]
stevieray 09:24 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
but all other racist fat shamers are ok, amirite?

[Reply]
stevieray 09:29 PM 12-13-2019
To say that she is a subpar talent and that she "has to show her ass to sell records" is unequivocally incorrect. You not liking her music doesn't change that. No arbitration needed. It is akin to saying Jimi Hendrix had to be a junkie in order to sell records to dirty hippies.

I don't like Jimi Hendrix and think he makes noise and not music. That said... I recognize the talent he has, people who know more about guitar music than I say he is amazing, and I see and appreciate his technical skill.

I don't get to say Jimi is sub-par talent when his peers recognize him to be outstanding just because I don't like his music.
Strawman.

You don't get to determine how others feel about a complete and totally subjective subject.

[Reply]
lewdog 09:31 PM 12-13-2019
I'd rather see penis lights on a roof than this.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:32 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
I’ve read plenty of those kinda posts in this thread
[Reply]
lewdog 09:34 PM 12-13-2019
To say that she is a subpar talent and that she "has to show her ass to sell records" is unequivocally incorrect. You not liking her music or her persona doesn't change that. No arbitration needed. It is akin to me saying Jimi Hendrix had to be a junkie in order to sell records to dirty hippies.

Hendrix makes noise and not music?

Are you like 90 years old?
[Reply]
eDave 09:34 PM 12-13-2019
Strawman.

You don't get to determine how others feel about a complete and totally subjective subject.

Nor do you (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...&postcount=213). But here you are ragging on her. So perhaps we can just drop it and feel happy for her. She worked for this, like you do.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:35 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

The white-knighting for this ton-of-fun singer, whoever she is, has been entertaining to see.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 09:35 PM 12-13-2019
but all other racist fat shamers are ok, amirite?

[Reply]
Page 15 of 18
« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Up