ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 81 of 82
« First < 31717778798081 82 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:05 PM 03-10-2023
Wait, people are actually suggesting Lee would win?!? :-) This place.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:08 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Would LOVE to see Mayweather try to dance around being 100% defense crap on Bruce Lee. That would be fun to watch.
Bruce Lee would have to channel his inner Mayweather against Tyson, too.

Tyson would only need to connect 1 time for it to be over, violently over.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:13 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Wait, people are actually suggesting Lee would win?!? :-) This place.
More than that - it's winning 2-1.

I'm just hopeful that the people that voted Lee have been shamed sufficiently to leave CP forever because you're not seeing many people in here talking about the time he punched some guy 8 feet into the air anymore...
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:15 PM 03-10-2023
Tyson might not be able to land any haymakers, but I'm not really sure how Lee would hurt a prime Iron Mike. He might be able to get him with the touch of death, but Tyson's pectoral muscles were bigger than Bruce Lee's head.
[Reply]
-King- 03:19 PM 03-10-2023
I'm only 30 so I didn't grow up around the Bruce Lee hype so I've never understood how an actor became so revered when it comes to fighting. I'm sure he was a great martial artist but everything around him is hypothetical because no one has ever seen him in an actual fight. It's so fascinating. It's like the Chuck Norris memes except no one treats it like a meme.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:25 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
I'm only 30 so I didn't grow up around the Bruce Lee hype so I've never understood how an actor became so revered when it comes to fighting. I'm sure he was a great martial artist but everything around him is hypothetical because no one has ever seen him in an actual fight. It's so fascinating. It's like the Chuck Norris memes except no one treats it like a meme.
One hell of a publicist...
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:45 PM 03-10-2023
Lets not get carried away here. I'm sure Bruce Lee could of been a hell of a fighter if he would have trained for it and gotten into some professional fights. I mean there's stories about him and how quick he was and how hard he hit you just have to Google it. While his films are fiction, you can see he had ability and most of all his intensity was off the charts.

In addition to LeBell, Lee worked for years with the likes of Norris and Joe Lewis, two of the most celebrated non-boxing fighters of their day. Before he became an action star, Norris was the world middleweight karate champion from 1968 to 1974. Lewis won what is regarded as both the first kickboxing match in the U.S. and the bridge between the karate point fighting era and the full-contact kickboxing we know today.

UFC welterweight Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson, unusual among prominent mixed martial artists for being a karate stylist, amassed a 57-0 record as a professional and amateur kickboxer before joining the UFC. He knew Lewis personally and says Lewis told him one of the hardest kicks he'd ever endured was from Bruce Lee. Lewis was a heavyweight kickboxer; Lee was 5-foot-8 and weighed less than 150 pounds.

"You can't tell me that Bruce Lee is not a hard guy, wasn't a good martial artist, wasn't a good fighter, if you got guys like Joe telling me that," Thompson says.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...win-real-fight
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:07 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lets not get carried away here. I'm sure Bruce Lee could of been a hell of a fighter if he would have trained for it and gotten into some professional fights. I mean there's stories about him and how quick he was and how hard he hit you just have to Google it. While his films are fiction, you can see he had ability and most of all his intensity was off the charts.

In addition to LeBell, Lee worked for years with the likes of Norris and Joe Lewis, two of the most celebrated non-boxing fighters of their day. Before he became an action star, Norris was the world middleweight karate champion from 1968 to 1974. Lewis won what is regarded as both the first kickboxing match in the U.S. and the bridge between the karate point fighting era and the full-contact kickboxing we know today.

UFC welterweight Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson, unusual among prominent mixed martial artists for being a karate stylist, amassed a 57-0 record as a professional and amateur kickboxer before joining the UFC. He knew Lewis personally and says Lewis told him one of the hardest kicks he'd ever endured was from Bruce Lee. Lewis was a heavyweight kickboxer; Lee was 5-foot-8 and weighed less than 150 pounds.

"You can't tell me that Bruce Lee is not a hard guy, wasn't a good martial artist, wasn't a good fighter, if you got guys like Joe telling me that," Thompson says.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id...win-real-fight
Yeah, Bruce's speed/quickness/agility were well-documented. He was so fast, that the directors' of all his films and the TV show the Green Hornet asked him to slow down so they could capture what he was doing. And his strength/power was nearly as legendary. He used to replace a 110-lb(unsure of the exact weight over 100) heavy bag every other week, iirc. He kicked/punched the things so hard that in just a couple weeks he'd bust the seams on the things. And somewhere there's tape of him jumping a 5 ft fence almost flat-footed.

But Tyson was a mutant freak as well, and that's the problem. He was just too strong and too fast, and then on top of that in his prime he was one of the best technicians in boxing. I don't think Bruce's edge in speed/quickness would be enough in a sanctioned type of fight.

Against a normal heavyweight, maybe. Might even give him better than even odds against a normal heavyweight. Kind of Holyfield's size/strength/quickness.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:21 PM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
More than that - it's winning 2-1.

I'm just hopeful that the people that voted Lee have been shamed sufficiently to leave CP forever because you're not seeing many people in here talking about the time he punched some guy 8 feet into the air anymore...
I don't think people understand how TERRIFYING Tyson was. Once the bell was rung, your shit was over. OVER. I really wasn't a boxing fan as a kid, but damn, it was CLEAR how insane Tyson was. Never before or since seen someone with that combination of power/speed/aggression in that compact size.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:47 AM 03-11-2023
Weight classes exist for a reason
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:05 AM 03-11-2023
As much as I'd like to believe in Bruce Lee, I have a very hard time believing he could handle Mike. Tyson was manhandling heavyweight boxers in his prime, you can watch his first 20 fights in 20 minutes on youtube and they're all knockouts. Take those gloves off for a bareknuckle fight, and man, Bruce's got some real trouble coming at his 150 lb frame.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:20 PM 10-15-2023
Bump. Tiger v guy in armor thread got me thinking. Could Bruce Lee survive Mike Tyson if he got to wear a suit of armor?

Don’t think so still
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 06:59 PM 10-15-2023
Bruce Lee, actual fight (ask and ye shall receive)

P.S. Only way Bruce Lee wins is if the rules include weapons. Then Lee's weapon's mastery might win it for him.
[Reply]
srvy 07:31 PM 10-15-2023
Who is who in this?
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:18 PM 10-15-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Who is who in this?
You can't tell? At the start of the video he's the one on the left.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 82
« First < 31717778798081 82 >
Up