ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Salary Cap Question - Move Coming?
OnTheWarpath15 06:09 PM 10-09-2017
Anyone have an idea of how much cap space we had going into the weekend?

There's some speculation on Twitter that according to the NFLPA Report, the Chiefs have somehow lost around $8M in cap space today and are sitting at $3.5M

https://www.nflpa.com/public-salary-cap-report

Would suggest either an extension for someone or potentially a trade, right?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:04 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Good ****ing god.

Bailey isn't "expendable" unless they have an adequate replacement, which they don't.

And please give us the name of a "decent pass rusher" available in 2018 Free Agency.

No.

Draft their replacements. Free Agent signings, especially big time money free agent signings, rarely work out.

:-)

RNR is an RFA. Jenkins is a Vet Min guy at best and RNR is going nowhere this year.

Good grief. The Chiefs, as do most teams, use multiple fronts. They're not in a 3-4 on every down, nor are they in a 4-3 every down, etc. It's all about Hybrid Defenses.
You argue the poster more than anyone I've ever seen. JFC.

If you want to draft replacements and cut the fat from our defense, then I don't know why you're bitching about saying Bailey and Ford are expendable. Bailey is $8M and you acknowledged yourself we can keep RNR/Jenkins for well more than half that cap charge. And cutting Ford saves you $9M. With $20M you can find plenty of blue chip players. Or you can save it for later. Or you can buy plenty of depth. I don't care. but we don't need to be wasting that much money on these guys with our cap situation where it is. That makes them expendable.

I'm aware that D's mix it up. But you're crazy if you think unless we run a Ryan or a Lebeau defense that we won't need to change our front 7 to something more like a 4-3 base.
[Reply]
3rd&Long 03:02 PM 01-17-2018
To me, it's very much like the Chiefs are on the cusp of either putting a bandaid or two on the current roster or going for a complete rebuild by selling off veteran assets in exchange for draft picks, going with youth and 4-12 seasons for the next few years. If the latter path is chosen, then draft picks and expertise for same will be critically important. The Chiefs haven't exactly excited in this realm over the past few decades so I'm guessing, they'll try to milk a couple of years out of the current roster with a few changes here and there.

Which strategy is the best going forward? We're talking CHIEFS here so toss a coin. We're also talking an absentee owner who is more intent on maintaining status quo and being able to pose for pictures with league officials than putting a solid plan in place to compete and win the big prize.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:06 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
You argue the poster more than anyone I've ever seen. JFC.
No, you're a fucking moron. If you weren't such a buttfucking moron, I wouldn't tear apart your dumbass posts.

If you want to draft replacements and cut the fat from our defense, then I don't know why you're bitching about saying Bailey and Ford are expendable. Bailey is $8M and you acknowledged yourself we can keep RNR/Jenkins for well more than half that cap charge. And cutting Ford saves you $9M. With $20M you can find plenty of blue chip players. Or you can save it for later. Or you can buy plenty of depth. I don't care. but we don't need to be wasting that much money on these guys with our cap situation where it is. That makes them expendable.
Dumb as fuck, as usual

I'm aware that D's mix it up. But you're crazy if you think unless we run a Ryan or a Lebeau defense that we won't need to change our front 7 to something more like a 4-3 base.
They're not changing shit, buttfuck
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:17 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Getting rid of Ford is a bad idea. You aren’t getting a better talent in FA unless you pay at least twice the price as Ford’s cap hit.

You keep him in 2018.
There is that cost factor, and also... how many times have we seen lackluster players kill it during a contract year?

It happens all the time, with any luck we get a hella good year from Dee
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 03:21 PM 01-17-2018
If the Chiefs can get a 2nd round pick for Alex Smith, I hope they can then trade back in the 2nd and add additional picks because honestly, the hit rate on FA's is pretty low.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:10 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
If the Chiefs can get a 2nd round pick for Alex Smith, I hope they can then trade back in the 2nd and add additional picks because honestly, the hit rate on FA's is pretty low.
Trading back is a bad idea.

Stay put and take your guy or trade up.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:14 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
I would almost rather they trade up than down, that extra year of control is important.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:40 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
I see an easy $30 million. Not seeing an easy $50 million unless we are talking about Bailey and Ford, which based on our talent level, I don't think we can afford to cut.

They are the problem with the “talent level”. You gotta make the cuts to get better. No fucking way should ford be on this team going forward.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:40 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Getting rid of Ford is a bad idea. You aren’t getting a better talent in FA unless you pay at least twice the price as Ford’s cap hit.

You keep him in 2018.

Seriously? Dude isn’t irreplaceable.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:53 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
They could've locked up Houston and Berry for cheaper if they hadn't franchised them. We still have almost 5 mill of dead money for Maclin next year and DJ was 32 when he signed that crappy deal.
Reid wanted to keep Maclin, Dorsey was right to cut him. Reid loves keep the same players around forever, Dorsey believes in cutting bait and moving on. I imagine that was part of the problem between Dorsey and Reid.

I imagine that Dorsey didn't want to keep either Houston or Berry. He wanted to move on but Reid fought him about it.

We will probably never know.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:54 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Reid wanted to keep Maclin, Dorsey was right to cut him. Reid loves keep the same players around forever, Dorsey believes in cutting bait and moving on. I imagine that was part of the problem between Dorsey and Reid.

I imagine that Dorsey didn't want to keep either Houston or Berry. He wanted to move on but Reid fought him about it.

We will probably never know.
Complete and utter speculation.

If the Chiefs hadn't cut Maclin, they wouldn't have had any money to sign their draft picks.

And right, Reid would want to cut his two best defensive players.

[Reply]
Rausch 04:58 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Complete and utter speculation.

If the Chiefs hadn't cut Maclin, they wouldn't have had any money to sign their draft picks.

And right, Reid would want to cut his two best defensive players.

I'm guessing the timing of the cutting was an issue.

I wasn't a big fan of the cut at the time but it was clearly the right move.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:02 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Our salary cap is fine despite all the complaints about Dorsey's contract handling. The only real mistake by Dorsey was the Hali contract. The Houston and Berry contracts are just what it takes to keep big money guys.
We could have had both players much cheaper if we had signed/extended them the year before.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:02 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I'm guessing the timing of the cutting was an issue.

I wasn't a big fan of the cut at the time but it was clearly the right move.
It was absolutely the right move and I backed it when it happened.

But to say "Reid wanted him here" is total speculation, especially when the idiot goes on to say that Reid didn't want Berry or Houston in KC, either.

Dude's a buttfucking moron.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:06 PM 01-17-2018
Originally Posted by Servant_KC:
Seriously? Dude isn’t irreplaceable.
And replace him with who? Zombo? A rookie with 2 career sacks? A FA with no better sack numbers the last 2 years for twice the price?
[Reply]
Page 12 of 14
« First < 289101112 1314 >
Up