ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 118 of 138
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:41 AM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chargem:
A bigger need than not having a left tackle or a center?
As big of a need. A big part of the issues in the SB were related to guys not being able to get open when Kelve and Tyreek were blanketed. You can’t pin your ears back on every down of it will get you burned.

We need OL AND more playmakers. They’re not mutually exclusive.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:52 AM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
As big of a need. A big part of the issues in the SB were related to guys not being able to get open when Kelve and Tyreek were blanketed. You can’t pin your ears back on every down of it will get you burned.

We have quality playmakers, but we need a higher quantity. Good NFL teams are too smart to let a couple of guys beat them off a bye week.

You have to have a counterpunch, and unfortunately we didn’t have that.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:09 AM 03-27-2021
Terrace Marshall Jr and Walker Little in the first two rounds.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:22 AM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That would be sweet.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:29 AM 03-27-2021
and then Odeyingbo in the 3rd.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:29 AM 03-27-2021
Sure if we get Okung.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:32 AM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Sure if we get Okung.
Yeah that’s the big caveat there.

I think if I had to place a bet, we end up trading a 2022 draft pick (maybe not a 1, but in the first few rounds) to add a starting caliber player after the draft.

That is unless they do ultimately sign these guys like Okung, Ingram, etc. who could take the pressure off of the rookie class.
[Reply]
Chargem 09:32 AM 03-27-2021

I agree, the post you quoted used the word biggest, as in bigger than all others. I am pretty much quibbling, sorry.

Not sure if you are a Times Ours listener, but they were having a pretty interesting discussion about the roster now vs the roster on opening day last season, vs the average roster for last season. Had some interesting discussions about the holes on the roster/immediate needs.

Having thought about it a lot the last couple of days, when you factor in the Taco Charlton injury and how little Sammy was available last year, DE/receiver as it stands now isn't any worse than last years actual roster. They need to get better in both of these areas, but at least they are already roughly back to what they had last year.

O line is definitely worse than what they had last year, until at least one of the two giant question marks is penciled in with a viable starter.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:48 AM 03-27-2021
If they draft Walker Little I think they redshirt him. It would likely be Okung with a Niang/Remmers fallback plan when Okung gets hurt. Just don’t see Andy trusting Little as a rookie after he hasn’t played in 2 years.

Radunz has a smaller frame. He’s tall but doesn’t seem to fit that big mold Andy likes.

I know it’s cliche bc it’s Andy, but I think Brady Christensen is the sleeper pick. Of course that could mean a trade down from 31 but still. That guy looks like a really good fit here
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:12 AM 03-27-2021
Radunz has a small frame but Christensen doesn’t?

Radunz - 6’5, 306 lbs

Christinsen - 6’6”, 300 lbs
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:16 AM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I agree, the post you quoted used the word biggest, as in bigger than all others. I am pretty much quibbling, sorry.

Not sure if you are a Times Ours listener, but they were having a pretty interesting discussion about the roster now vs the roster on opening day last season, vs the average roster for last season. Had some interesting discussions about the holes on the roster/immediate needs.

Having thought about it a lot the last couple of days, when you factor in the Taco Charlton injury and how little Sammy was available last year, DE/receiver as it stands now isn't any worse than last years actual roster. They need to get better in both of these areas, but at least they are already roughly back to what they had last year.

O line is definitely worse than what they had last year, until at least one of the two giant question marks is penciled in with a viable starter.
See I disagree. OL is roughy equal to last year. Yeah we have a hole at LT and Niamg is an unknown but Thuney is better than anybody on last year’s line by a wide, wide margin. The interior of the offense, if they re-sign Reiter, is enough better than last year’s to counter the issues at tackle, especially since we know SOMEBODY, whether a vet or rookie, will eventually man that spot.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:34 AM 03-27-2021
Mohammed Sanu signs with 49ers
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:42 AM 03-27-2021
Mohammed Sanuva Ring
[Reply]
Chargem 11:33 AM 03-27-2021
See I disagree. OL is roughy equal to last year. Yeah we have a hole at LT and Niamg is an unknown but Thuney is better than anybody on last year’s line by a wide, wide margin. The interior of the offense, if they re-sign Reiter, is enough better than last year’s to counter the issues at tackle, especially since we know SOMEBODY, whether a vet or rookie, will eventually man that spot.
If/when Reiter re-signs, I will agree with you.
[Reply]
Wilson8 05:51 PM 03-28-2021
Some of the Free Agents left for the Chiefs.

WRs pretty picked over -
Larry Fitzgerald, Dede Westbrook, Damiere Byrd, Kenny Stills, Alshon Jeffrey, Antonio Brown, and Golden Tate.

LTs -
Eric Fisher, Russell Okung, Alejandro Villanueva, and Jason Peters

Centers - Austin Reiter, Joe Looney, and Daniel Kilgore

TEs -
Jesse James, Richard Rodgers, Trey Burton, and Tyler Eifert

Edge -
Melvin Ingram III, Olivier Vernon, Adrian Clayborn, Justin Houston, Aldon Smith, and Jadeveon Clowney.

DT - Lawrence Guy, DaQuan Jones, Kiwann Short, Jurrell Casey, Geno Atkins, and Mike Pennel.

LB -
Damien Wilson, Alex Anzalone, Eric Wilson, B.J. Goodson, and K.J. Wright.

CBs -
Bashaud Breeland, Darqueze Dennard, Casey Hayward JR, Gareon Conley, Quinton Dunbar, and Richard Sherman
[Reply]
Page 118 of 138
« First < 1868108114115116117118 119120121122128 > Last »
Up