ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 66
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyreek Hill injury updates.
Hammock Parties 12:52 PM 09-08-2019
Someone just told me Tyreek Hill could be out 6-8 weeks.

This is the same source that told me he would receive 0 games 20 minutes before the national media broke it.

Take it for what it's worth.

EDIT: IT WAS WORTH NOTHING

Here is an explanation from the #Chiefs on WR Tyreek Hill, who was taken to a local hospital. pic.twitter.com/gxcl2nqFu0

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 8, 2019

Per source, no surgery for Tyreek Hill but he will miss a couple of weeks.

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) September 8, 2019

Confirmed, per source, Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill had a posterior SC (sternoclavicular) dislocation which was successfully reduced in the hospital. No surgery required. He will stay overnight.

— Stephania Bell (@Stephania_ESPN) September 8, 2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:34 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
I don't know what you want me to say.
I mentioned that cutting off blood supply to the aorta with this injury doesn't make sense. You asked if I had even watched the video, which I hadn't. I watched the video and there was no mention of blood supply to the aorta being cut off.
I don't know what else to tell you, I KNOW a person who this exact thing happened to. :-)

No the video doesn't specifically call out the aorta, but it mentions the close proximity of the heart and potential for damage to blood vessels etc...

Think what you want IDGAF.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:42 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I don't know what else to tell you, I KNOW a person who this exact thing happened to. :-)

No the video doesn't specifically call out the aorta, but it mentions the close proximity of the heart and potential for damage to blood vessels etc...

Earlier you said that a similar thing happened, and now you say the exact same thing.

Your aortic Arch is well below your clavicle. , And a significant number of other vessels would be encountered prior to the clavicle coming anywhere near the aorta.

It can definitely damage blood vessels, but damaging a blood vessel is not that same thing as blocking blood supply to the aorta
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:47 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
That for sure definitely not tolerated.
Ok sir..we agree..no problem here.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:55 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Guys, let's keep potentially homophobic stuff off of this thread please. He's not Gay, he's got a fiance (Golden Tate's sister actually) and baby at home. And even if he was, I really don't give a fuck and neither should yall. Let's focus on our Chiefs.
What's her name? Beard Tate?
[Reply]
savchief 01:48 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus
I don't know what else to tell you, I KNOW a person who this exact thing happened to.

Earlier you said that a similar thing happened, and now you say the exact same thing.

Your aortic Arch is well below your clavicle. , And a significant number of other vessels would be encountered prior to the clavicle coming anywhere near the aorta.

It can definitely damage blood vessels, but damaging a blood vessel is not that same thing as blocking blood supply to the aorta
OK, so now you know both of you are saying similar things. It's potentially very bad, it can be not bad, but you're not going to figure it out at the TIAA Bank stadium Xray and hot dog cart. It can damage a crapload of vital stuff that can easily kill a person and that's why they took him to the hospital, to be sure nothing was damaged and to have the people who knew what the **** they were doing to be right there when they reduced the dislocation. The facts are this injury won't compromise the aorta. It is too low beneath the SC joint. Check an anatomy book, it's not going to happen without it being a catastrophic trauma that would've ripped up everything else in its way. And all of them are vital.
One thing a lot of people have missed: the Chiefs staff apparently recognized this RARE event and got him where he needed to be quickly. They should be congratulated.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:02 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by savchief:
Originally Posted by Marcellus
I don't know what else to tell you, I KNOW a person who this exact thing happened to.

OK, so now you know both of you are saying similar things. It's potentially very bad, it can be not bad, but you're not going to figure it out at the TIAA Bank stadium Xray and hot dog cart. It can damage a crapload of vital stuff that can easily kill a person and that's why they took him to the hospital, to be sure nothing was damaged and to have the people who knew what the **** they were doing to be right there when they reduced the dislocation. The facts are this injury won't compromise the aorta. It is too low beneath the SC joint. Check an anatomy book, it's not going to happen without it being a catastrophic trauma that would've ripped up everything else in its way. And all of them are vital.
One thing a lot of people have missed: the Chiefs staff apparently recognized this RARE event and got him where he needed to be quickly. They should be congratulated.

We weren't saying similar things. My only claim was that a SC dislocation will not "cut off blood supply to the aorta". I know it can be a catastrophic injury and can be associated with a lot of morbidity.

The whole basis of our argument was regarding the aorta claim.

Completely agree that staff handled it very well.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:13 PM 09-10-2019
Great shot of Super Sammy making Ramsey his bitch...

[Reply]
Halfcan 02:31 PM 09-10-2019
Jalen cried like a baby after this burn. LOL
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:32 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Great shot of Super Sammy making Ramsey his bitch...

Watching him just toss Ramsey and then catch that ball was beautiful.

All 3 of the TDs involved Watkins beating up Ramsey. The first one was when Ramsey just froze and Watkins juked him out of his jock before housing it. The 2nd was with Ramsey following the drag when they were supposed to be in quarters coverage (according to Marrone) so he just abandoned his zone and Watkins made 'em pay. The 3rd was obvious.

He also had at least one underneath completion when Mahomes was getting hit for about 9 yards when he just bodied Ramsey off.

Watkins toyed with Ramsey all day - it was amazing.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:34 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

All 3 of the TDs involved Watkins beating up Ramsey. The first one was when Ramsey just froze and Watkins juked him out of his jock before housing it. The 2nd was with Ramsey following the drag when they were supposed to be in quarters coverage (according to Marrone) so he just abandoned his zone and Watkins made 'em pay. The 3rd was obvious.

He also had at least one underneath completion when Mahomes was getting hit for about 9 yards when he just bodied Ramsey off.

Watkins toyed with Ramsey all day - it was amazing.
And some of that was with Hill out, so Watkins was getting a lot of attention. Amazing display
[Reply]
Frosty 02:37 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I was a little surprised that they didn't challenge for offensive pass interference on that play.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:38 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I was a little surprised that they didn't challenge for offensive pass interference on that play.
I thought the same thing. Wouldn't it be automatically reviewed as a scoring play? I am so confused on these.
[Reply]
NIUhuskies 02:39 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

here's another video that explains it

[Reply]
SupDock 02:40 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by NIUhuskies:
here's another video that explains it

Haven't watched the video, but that initial image is a great display of the anatomy
[Reply]
Frosty 02:43 PM 09-10-2019
I thought the same thing. Wouldn't it be automatically reviewed as a scoring play? I am so confused on these.
I'm pretty sure the PI challenge has to be initiated specifically and is only ever initiated by the booth during the last 2 minutes of a half.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 66
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up