ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 662
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195595 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:28 AM 03-11-2011
I know I'll be in the minority here, but I think Jones owns Shogun in this fight. Jones is the next big thing and Shogun is the last step on that ladder to the top.
[Reply]
Sfeihc 01:04 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
If Shogun is healthy he should own Jones. I like Jones too, I just don't think he's ready for Shogun is Shogun is on his A game.
Me thinks Shogun on his A game is the only guy at 205 that has a chance with Bones.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:08 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I know I'll be in the minority here, but I think Jones owns Shogun in this fight. Jones is the next big thing and Shogun is the last step on that ladder to the top.
I don't see a scenario where either of them is dominant UNLESS Shogun's knee is not right. Bones is a bad man and if Shogun's not healthy.....
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:25 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I don't see a scenario where either of them is dominant UNLESS Shogun's knee is not right. Bones is a bad man and if Shogun's not healthy.....
That's a lot of time off to get thrown in with a guy like Jones that has a type of side, speed and athletism that can't be duplicated in training. If Shogun would be coming off of a couple of title defenses in the last year over top guys I might think differently.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 01:35 PM 03-11-2011
Owns? Yeah, you're on crack. If Shogun is healthy he'll be fine.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:11 PM 03-11-2011
THIS
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:07 PM 03-11-2011
I'm just thinking we are going to have one of those Edgar/Penn 1 or Silva/Sonnen moments where you are liked "Damn, I really didn't see that ass kicking coming".

I think Jones get's him down and grounds and pounds him into ref stoppage.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 04:13 PM 03-11-2011
I'm just thinking we are going to have one of those Edgar/Penn 1 or Silva/Sonnen moments where you are liked "Damn, I really didn't see that ass kicking coming".

OMG

No. You're homerism for jones is blinding you.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:24 PM 03-11-2011
OMG

No. You're homerism for jones is blinding you.
It's possible, but the guy has put on some dominating performances against each guy they put in front of him so it's hard to beleive the hype. He reminds me a lot of GSP coming up, of course he had to lose to Hughes once before getting over that hump, so maybe the same happens here. I just think we are in for a surprise.

It's not that I don't like Shogun, I just think we are seeing something special in Jones.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:33 PM 03-11-2011
Jones is gonna kick Shogun's ass.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:34 PM 03-11-2011
and look for Lesnar to stomp JDS's ass too when they fight this summer.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:23 PM 03-11-2011

this is what i DONT see happening.

it could, but i dont see it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:23 PM 03-11-2011
ricardo arona..... nuff said about shogun's abilities
[Reply]
WebGem 05:37 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Jones is tough, athletic and super talented, If Shogun shows up in shape he's almost unbeatable, it will be awesome should be a great fight.
If Shogun is healthy he should own Jones. I like Jones too, I just don't think he's ready for Shogun is Shogun is on his A game.
This basically, minus the Shogun being unbeatable, Jones definitely has a chance even if Shogun is healthy. All things considered I can't imagine 1.8-1 odds on Shogun not having value. Plus I don't really care, I love Shogun too much to not bet on him in this fight even though I'd be rooting for him big time anyways. The only thing that sucks about this fight is that it's a Bones fight where I can't root for him, lol.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 06:06 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
and look for Lesnar to stomp JDS's ass too when they fight this summer.
Except for the fact that LEsnar can't take a punch, and JDS well, he hits kinda hard.
[Reply]
Page 95 of 662
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195595 > Last »
Up