ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 151
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:31 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yeah, then he wouldn't have been out there to put up 12 yards or whatever he did in the second half.
CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT HIS BLOCKING THO
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:59 PM 02-27-2020
So I saw it posted on another site that the number 1 overall seed gets to pick their preferred first and second round site, and also their preferred region. Am I crazy for wanting to get the south region and play in Houston instead of Indianapolis? Indy would be at Lucas Oil, and I hate watching basketball played in a football stadium. I'd much rather go to Houston, especially considering there are gonna be quite a few teams from the midwest that will get put in that region that will be closer to Indy than we would be.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:28 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
So I saw it posted on another site that the number 1 overall seed gets to pick their preferred first and second round site, and also their preferred region
you believed that shit?:-)

The #1's are usually given sites close to their campus's but I've never heard of getting to pick your own site. How could they? Supposedly no one knows their seed or where they are going until the announcement on CBS late afternoon on Sunday.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 06:51 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

The #1's are usually given sites close to their campus's but I've never heard of getting to pick your own site. How could they? Supposedly no one knows their seed or where they are going until the announcement on CBS late afternoon on Sunday.
:-) Here you go:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...240704636.html
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:03 PM 02-27-2020

I imagine they would either either send a certified letter to the school with something along the lines of "Hello, Mr. Self, your team is the #1 overall seed. Where would you like to play? Please respond ASAP because by the time you receive this the tournament will be a day away lol" .....or the few teams that could possibly be #1 overall would choose ahead of time and send their preference via Pony Express.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:18 PM 02-27-2020
:-) Here you go:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...240704636.html
okay, recent rule change and only the #1 seed gets to chose. No idea. My bad. Sorry. :-)

KU, with the résumé it has built thus far, is in position to have some extra control regarding its Final Four path. A recent NCAA rule change makes it so that the overall No. 1 seed — and only that team — gets to select its sites for both the opening rounds and regional.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:44 PM 02-27-2020

[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:49 PM 02-27-2020
So I saw it posted on another site that the number 1 overall seed gets to pick their preferred first and second round site, and also their preferred region. Am I crazy for wanting to get the south region and play in Houston instead of Indianapolis? Indy would be at Lucas Oil, and I hate watching basketball played in a football stadium. I'd much rather go to Houston, especially considering there are gonna be quite a few teams from the midwest that will get put in that region that will be closer to Indy than we would be.
I expect they'll pick Houston if they get the choice. Easier for fans to get there and also more alums in the area.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:11 AM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I expect they'll pick Houston if they get the choice. Easier for fans to get there and also more alums in the area.
Wheres the 2nd round if they play in Indy or Houston?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:26 AM 02-28-2020
I highly doubt that
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:08 AM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I highly doubt that
You would.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:55 AM 02-28-2020
Wheres the 2nd round if they play in Indy or Houston?
From the article above....

Originally Posted by :
For the Jayhawks, Omaha, Nebraska is a lock to start; the Jayhawks are closest to that first and second round site and should have a huge contingent of fans following them there.

[Reply]
Lzen 08:32 AM 02-28-2020
How do you figure? :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:51 AM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
How do you figure? :-)
Also has the added benefit of being in an area where most of their prospective competition in the R16/E8 is nowhere close to being unlike Indy.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:17 AM 02-28-2020
Also has the added benefit of being in an area where most of their prospective competition in the R16/E8 is nowhere close to being unlike Indy.
Picking Houston also blocks Baylor from getting Houston. If Baylor is the number 2 team in the nation, you might as well make it harder on them.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 151
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116 > Last »
Up