ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 144
« First < 344041424344 454647485494 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:08 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Tennessee was 12th in rushing defense this season and 24th in passing defense.

The Faketriots/Ravens played into their strength on defense by not being able to consistently attack downfield in the passing game.

As long as Andy doesn’t stupidly try to “establish a running game” and attacks them early/often with the passing game, the Chiefs will be fine.
Exactly.

If they run the ball more than 10 times outside of mopup detail, they'll have made a mistake.

There's no sense in being stubbornly dogmatic and trying to 'establish the run' here. The Titans don't defend the pass, whether or not they respect the run. Attack the intermediate/deep zones through the air and they'll be fine.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:10 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
1. Start out hot on offense.
2. Watch the play action on defense.
3. No STs fuck ups.
A couple people have said it already but man this is just Martyball through and through.

They're gonna pound it over and over again then have Grba....er...Tannehill try to hit a couple of deep shots on play fakes.

Tannehill will get a couple of looks. There's gonna be a time or two that someone sinks on the play action and Brown or Davis gets a step. If Tannehill hits on every single one of those opportunities, the Titans can stay in it.

But he has to bat 1.000. Tannehill can't miss a throw at all. Ever. The Titans will be working without a net.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:13 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Exactly.

If they run the ball more than 10 times outside of mopup detail, they'll have made a mistake.

There's no sense in being stubbornly dogmatic and trying to 'establish the run' here. The Titans don't defend the pass, whether or not they respect the run. Attack the intermediate/deep zones through the air and they'll be fine.
I don’t see how Andy could look back at last weekend and then went to run the ball at all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:14 PM 01-14-2020
A couple people have said it already but man this is just Martyball through and through.

They're gonna pound it over and over again then have Grba....er...Tannehill try to hit a couple of deep shots on play fakes.

Tannehill will get a couple of looks. There's gonna be a time or two that someone sinks on the play action and Brown or Davis gets a step. If Tannehill hits on every single one of those opportunities, the Titans can stay in it.

But he has to bat 1.000. Tannehill can't miss a throw at all. Ever. The Titans will be working without a net.
I went back and looked at that loss to the Titans in the regular season. He only threw for 188. That game was just a total fuck up by this team.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:22 PM 01-14-2020
DOD played about 14 snaps vs the Texans. I wonder why that is after not playing any during the regular season
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:23 PM 01-14-2020
Ragland needs to be in every play to stop Henry. Honestly I’d roll with Wilson Ragland and DoD. Hitchens will get out matches this game
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:24 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
DOD played about 14 snaps vs the Texans. I wonder why that is after not playing any during the regular season
He’s a LB who’s fast enough to spy Watson and cover the RB out of the backfield.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:26 PM 01-14-2020
The Titans have only scored 3 times these playoffs when they got the ball in their territory.
[Reply]
HighChief 02:27 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
I get what you're saying, and it makes sense. However, if KC can be efficient with their RZ (TD's, not FG's), and make them count, the TOP won't matter much if they can get a few stops here and there.
I really do think this is the name of the game. Team that punches it in for 6 more often than not will be the victor. I think both teams like their Offence against the D but finishing drives is most important.

Hopefully the better team with the best QB will Be just that:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:28 PM 01-14-2020
Ragland needs to be in every play to stop Henry. Honestly I’d roll with Wilson Ragland and DoD. Hitchens will get out matches this game
Hitchens will play. He's the QB of the defense; he gets them lined up. When Hitchens doesn't play, our defense doesn't line up well. Or more times than not, they line up screwed up when Hitchens isn't on the field. Whatever. You get what I'm trying to say.

But I agree that Ragland needs to be in the game a lot. Until we get up two or three scores.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:36 PM 01-14-2020
Rodgers v. Mahomes could break some records.

So here's my problem - a good friend of ours is a lifelong Packers fan. His girlfriend is a packers fan because she's spent 18 months taking dick from a Packers fan. She's otherwise an annoying pain in the ass.

Do we have to invite these ****ing people to a SB party if it's GB/KC?
:-)

Nope
[Reply]
staylor26 02:39 PM 01-14-2020
:-)
[Reply]
O.city 02:45 PM 01-14-2020
But did you know that during those three games — with unprecedented success from their running back — the Titans have scored on just 11 of 27 possessions? That’s 40.7 percent, which would’ve ranked seventh in the regular season.
In their two playoff games, the Titans have scored on six of 18 possessions. That rate would’ve tied the Lions for 20th in the regular season.
The Chiefs, if you’re curious, scored on 49.2 percent of their possessions in the regular season. In their last three games — the ones with nearly full health — they’ve scored on 17 of 26 possessions. That’s 65.4 percent, which is not only better than their record-setting season in 2018 but statistically absurd. The 2007 Patriots scored on 52.7 percent, the highest rate of the 21st century.

From Mellingers latest column. Everyone going gaga over Henry, which I get he's a monster, but it hasn't led to many points.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:51 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
But did you know that during those three games — with unprecedented success from their running back — the Titans have scored on just 11 of 27 possessions? That’s 40.7 percent, which would’ve ranked seventh in the regular season.
In their two playoff games, the Titans have scored on six of 18 possessions. That rate would’ve tied the Lions for 20th in the regular season.
The Chiefs, if you’re curious, scored on 49.2 percent of their possessions in the regular season. In their last three games — the ones with nearly full health — they’ve scored on 17 of 26 possessions. That’s 65.4 percent, which is not only better than their record-setting season in 2018 but statistically absurd. The 2007 Patriots scored on 52.7 percent, the highest rate of the 21st century.

From Mellingers latest column. Everyone going gaga over Henry, which I get he's a monster, but it hasn't led to many points.

This is what I've been saying. Thanks for putting all the numbers together.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:52 PM 01-14-2020
I hope we boat race these fucks and beat them 50-14.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 144
« First < 344041424344 454647485494 > Last »
Up