ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2019-2020 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
dlphg9 09:50 AM 11-06-2019
So since no one else is going to start this thread I guess I will. We have a few new players that hopefully can contribute big time. This year's incoming class is led by 4 star recruit Tray Jackson, a 6' 8" PF, that was ranked as the number 84 recruit in the nation. Included in the class are two 3 star recruits Mario McKinney and Kobe Brown.

Coming off a disappointing 2018-2019 season in which they went 15-17, but lost the best player on the team before the season started, hopefully they can get back to the NCAA tourney again and maybe win a couple games. This is a big year for Martin and hopefully this is the year everything comes together.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:09 PM 01-21-2020
Well here we go with Cuonzo giving Nikko too much god damn playing time, while our top recruit for the year sits on the god damn bench. That no talent piece of Kim Andersen recruiting trash got 23 min and that all resulted in 2 points 4 rebounds. Wtf is the point of playing him? Im really starting to hate Martin more and more.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:15 PM 01-21-2020
The team sucks but the SEC refs will always make sure Mizzou stays in the cellar. They get robbed consistently.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:20 AM 01-22-2020
How in the fuck can a team be so damn good shooting free throws and suck at threes?

Zo drew up a damn good play to win it. Could not ask for a better shot.
[Reply]
warpaint* 06:08 AM 01-22-2020
I don’t think the takeaway is the refs.
The team blows.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:50 AM 01-22-2020
Just posted this on PowerMizzou, but this is awfully damn similar to mid-90s Norm Stewart, after Booker and before Dooling.

The offense is boring and slow and antiquated, as is the general style of play. And the recruiting sucks.
[Reply]
F150 07:39 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
The team sucks but the SEC refs will always make sure Mizzou stays in the cellar. They get robbed consistently.
I have not felt the losses are ref related. Its not a very good team and they dont have a very good coach.

But you may be right. Mizzou should push for an investigation of play calls if they are sure there is some malarky going on.
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:07 PM 01-22-2020
So we can't fire this bozo before May 1 of next year at the earliest. Unless they negotiate an exit sooner than that we could be stuck for an additional two seasons after this one. Depressing. Jim Sterk should be fired sometime before then. When you couple this hire with what he wanted to do with football in terms of the initial list of Anderson, Monken, & Holtz, I'm left to conclude that he may be an actual retarded person & I don't him anywhere near the next hire.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:12 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
So we can't fire this bozo before May 1 of next year at the earliest. Unless they negotiate an exit sooner than that we could be stuck for an additional two seasons after this one. Depressing. Jim Sterk should be fired sometime before then. When you couple this hire with what he wanted to do with football in terms of the initial list of Anderson, Monken, & Holtz, I'm left to conclude that he may be an actual retarded person & I don't him anywhere near the next hire.
Isn't the department running in the red? So they can't afford to pay a buyout or give any significant money to a new guy. Mizzou athletics is such a joke, it's a shame. No excuse.
[Reply]
warpaint* 09:16 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Isn't the department running in the red? So they can't afford to pay a buyout or give any significant money to a new guy. Mizzou athletics is such a joke, it's a shame. No excuse.
Yes & no. Yes they have debt to pay down but there are also guys to write checks same way they made Odom go away.

Maybe Cuonzo will turn it around but at this time I see no evidence to make me think he will.
[Reply]
F150 09:16 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Many areas of the university are in trouble it seems. Maybe the coach will have to stay, for sure they can't afford to buy him out then pay big bucks for the next bust.
[Reply]
F150 05:26 PM 01-25-2020
West Virginia 74 Mizzou 51

Tough day for the guys from Columbia

Keep your head up, we can do this
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:46 PM 01-25-2020
Once again Nikko gets over 20 minutes, 22 to be exact, and does jack shit scoring 3 points and getting 3 rebounds. Finally Cuonzo decided our top recruit Jackson could play, but not too much (10 minutes) because you just take Nikko off the court when hes scoring like he was. Jackson had 4 points and 5 rebounds in his short stint. Cuonzo needs to go since he's obssessed with freshmen riding the bench for shitty upper classmen that shouldnt even be on a D1 basketball team.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 01-28-2020, 08:56 PM
This message has been deleted by Stanley Nickels.
phisherman 09:40 PM 01-28-2020
Pretty nice comeback tonight. Nikko and Pinson were huge in the 2nd half.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:35 PM 01-28-2020
Nikko saved the day :-)
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 10:33 PM 02-04-2020
The 174th-best team (per KenPom) was just throwing off-the-backboard alley-oops against us, up by 20 late. And this probably isn't the low point of the season. What an unmitigated disaster. Sterk shouldnt be allowed within 100 miles of Columbia MO for the next coaching search. I just wonder at what point the damage done by the past 3 coaches is irreversible.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up