ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2019-2020 Missouri Tigers Basketball Thread***
dlphg9 09:50 AM 11-06-2019
So since no one else is going to start this thread I guess I will. We have a few new players that hopefully can contribute big time. This year's incoming class is led by 4 star recruit Tray Jackson, a 6' 8" PF, that was ranked as the number 84 recruit in the nation. Included in the class are two 3 star recruits Mario McKinney and Kobe Brown.

Coming off a disappointing 2018-2019 season in which they went 15-17, but lost the best player on the team before the season started, hopefully they can get back to the NCAA tourney again and maybe win a couple games. This is a big year for Martin and hopefully this is the year everything comes together.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:57 AM 11-06-2019
Do we have an adequate supply of slow, big men to get us through all the times Tilmon fouls out this season?
[Reply]
KurtCobain 10:02 AM 11-06-2019
I have high hopes for Jackson, and I am very pumped up for this season. Of course, I always am and am usually disappointed. Fuck it, though, let's go tigers!
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:35 AM 11-06-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Do we have an adequate supply of slow, big men to get us through all the times Tilmon fouls out this season?
Some 7 ft dude named Axel.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:38 AM 11-06-2019
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
I have high hopes for Jackson, and I am very pumped up for this season. Of course, I always am and am usually disappointed. **** it, though, let's go tigers!
College basketball is that one sport that will light my emotions on fire unlike any other sport can do
[Reply]
KurtCobain 11:13 AM 11-06-2019
I just hope they beat Incarnate Word.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:16 PM 11-06-2019
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
I just hope they beat Incarnate Word.
If they don't ill probably tap out on the season lol
[Reply]
KurtCobain 08:07 PM 11-06-2019
For the most part, it seems to be going on as it should.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:54 AM 11-07-2019
In today's episode of Mizzou Fans Can't Have Nice Things, Jaydin Eierman is transferring to another school.
[Reply]
bowener 02:14 PM 11-07-2019
I live a mile from the stadiums and have had zero desire to see any games. The men's athletics are stuck in a cycle of subpar mediocrity from which they can't or don't want to escape.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:49 PM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
In today's episode of Mizzou Fans Can't Have Nice Things, Jaydin Eierman is transferring to another school.
I had to look him up. Hes a wrestler, so that's why I was wondering who the fuck he was.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:57 AM 11-08-2019
This is gonna be another fun team. I know everyone was down on last year's squad because they didn't have a winning record but that team was a good time to go out and watch grow.

My daughter turned to me during the game and asked "Wasn't Jeremiah on the team 2 years ago with Michael?" When I told her he was she looked out and asked "was anyone else?"

Even the 5 year old - who was 3 at the time - knew something was weird about that fact. Tilmon (and Reed Nikko) are the only guys on this team that were on it 2 seasons ago. That's damn near a clean-sheet redesign.

And these guys are all the kinds of players who should have 3 and 4 year careers here. They're the kinds of guys that turn into Clarence Gilberts and Melvin Bookers. That's how you really start to form bonds with teams and how a team like Mizzou will always have to be built. Kassius Robertson kicking ass for a year was a blast and the idea of MPJ was amazing. But Mizzou's gonna make it's bones by building a pipeline of kids that build off each other.

As for the squad - Dru Smith is gonna be gooooood. Kobe Brown is a lot more interesting than I thought and with his build, he will create some really interesting matchups in a sort of point-forward role at times. Guy's built like a power forward but with 3 pt range.

Watson looks significantly more 'conference ready' - he's not the stringy slasher that he was last year. He's put some muscle on and should be willing/able to get to the hoop and get his shot while providing solid defense.

Pinson just keeps looking better. My hope is that he Phil Pressey without the hero complex; his court vision is outstanding. Picket has some real JT Tiller potential if he'll commit to that style of game.

And the team is deeper than it's been in a decade or more. They go 9-10 deep with guys who are SEC caliber players (or will be by the end of the season, IMO). Even a guy like Mitchell Smith can provide you some quality minutes and I'd put him at/near 10 with Parker Braun and Reed Nikko at 11-12.

I'm still not sure what I see with Mark Smith but in the end he may be the only potential isolation player on the team and you need one of those guys to get you a bucket to stop a run when jumpers aren't falling. He'll be important at some point. McKinney brings a ton of energy and Jackson...well he looks a bit like Watson looked last year. There's some definite growth that needs to happen there but seeing him in the rotation this early can only mean good things. Cuonzo doesn't give guys run based on their recruiting rankings so he's doing something at practice to earn those minutes.

Tilmon is Tilmon - just no way to really grade him based on that squad. We know what he is and think we know what he can be. But until he plays quality competition there's no way to know how he's going to adapt the things he's been taught for 2 years. I still think he'll have foul trouble but my hope is for some small improvement there. The offense looks awfully good when it's running through him.

This will probably be a borderline tournament team that wins 18-19 games when all is said and done. But they'll be fun to watch grow together and build momentum towards next season.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:07 PM 11-08-2019
Is Northern Kentucky any good? I know theyre a mid major, but they won their regular season conf title and the conference tournament and (obviously) made the NCAA tourney. Tilmon is shooting high percentage shots and hasn't fouled out yet. 2 games in a row has to be some kind of record for him.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:12 PM 11-08-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is gonna be another fun team. I know everyone was down on last year's squad because they didn't have a winning record but that team was a good time to go out and watch grow.

My daughter turned to me during the game and asked "Wasn't Jeremiah on the team 2 years ago with Michael?" When I told her he was she looked out and asked "was anyone else?"

Even the 5 year old - who was 3 at the time - knew something was weird about that fact. Tilmon (and Reed Nikko) are the only guys on this team that were on it 2 seasons ago. That's damn near a clean-sheet redesign.

And these guys are all the kinds of players who should have 3 and 4 year careers here. They're the kinds of guys that turn into Clarence Gilberts and Melvin Bookers. That's how you really start to form bonds with teams and how a team like Mizzou will always have to be built. Kassius Robertson kicking ass for a year was a blast and the idea of MPJ was amazing. But Mizzou's gonna make it's bones by building a pipeline of kids that build off each other.

As for the squad - Dru Smith is gonna be gooooood. Kobe Brown is a lot more interesting than I thought and with his build, he will create some really interesting matchups in a sort of point-forward role at times. Guy's built like a power forward but with 3 pt range.

Watson looks significantly more 'conference ready' - he's not the stringy slasher that he was last year. He's put some muscle on and should be willing/able to get to the hoop and get his shot while providing solid defense.

Pinson just keeps looking better. My hope is that he Phil Pressey without the hero complex; his court vision is outstanding. Picket has some real JT Tiller potential if he'll commit to that style of game.

And the team is deeper than it's been in a decade or more. They go 9-10 deep with guys who are SEC caliber players (or will be by the end of the season, IMO). Even a guy like Mitchell Smith can provide you some quality minutes and I'd put him at/near 10 with Parker Braun and Reed Nikko at 11-12.

I'm still not sure what I see with Mark Smith but in the end he may be the only potential isolation player on the team and you need one of those guys to get you a bucket to stop a run when jumpers aren't falling. He'll be important at some point. McKinney brings a ton of energy and Jackson...well he looks a bit like Watson looked last year. There's some definite growth that needs to happen there but seeing him in the rotation this early can only mean good things. Cuonzo doesn't give guys run based on their recruiting rankings so he's doing something at practice to earn those minutes.

Tilmon is Tilmon - just no way to really grade him based on that squad. We know what he is and think we know what he can be. But until he plays quality competition there's no way to know how he's going to adapt the things he's been taught for 2 years. I still think he'll have foul trouble but my hope is for some small improvement there. The offense looks awfully good when it's running through him.

This will probably be a borderline tournament team that wins 18-19 games when all is said and done. But they'll be fun to watch grow together and build momentum towards next season.
Thata nothing! We flipped a whole roster in 30 days and lost our first game to UC Riverside by 20!

Looking at Martin's coaching record though it looks like 1 or 2 good seasons followed by meh is a trend. Cant really knock him for last year Jontays injury ****ed you. He atleast has the program respectable after the Anderson disaster.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:50 AM 11-10-2019
Ok all you dudes in the shitty MU football thread quit worrying about that trashtastic team and come discuss a team with a decent shot at a successful season.
[Reply]
Spott 11-10-2019, 06:35 AM
This message has been deleted by Spott.
Page 1 of 11
1 2345 > Last »
Up