ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Breaking Bad: The Movie
Third Eye 03:32 PM 08-23-2019
Admittedly, I don’t keep up with pop culture much, but how did I not know that a Breaking Bad movie was coming? I’m also surprised that given its popularity a thread hadn’t already been started.

Here’s a nice summary for all the luddites like me that didn’t know this was coming:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...455959%3famp=1

Hopefully they don’t shit on their legacy.
[Reply]
Jamie 02:33 AM 10-12-2019
I guess I'm mixed, but more positive than negative.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJay23 06:25 AM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
No spoilers here, but one of the things that threw me off was how some of the actors had aged to the point where it it's off-putting/confusing. It's to the point where they distract from the story.
(Maybe it's just the way I'm wired).
Why does it take them so long to produce these gosh darned things?
Gadnabit!!!
Same here. I Love Better Call Saul, but its one of the things I don't like about it.
[Reply]
sully1983 08:32 AM 10-12-2019
Flat out loved it. Kept me on the edge of my seat thru out it and thought the flashbacks were handled brilliantly (Todd is a motherfucking evil psychopath, damn I hate that guy haha).
Aaron Paul was great yet again and thought Vince Gilligan did such a great job here on giving Jesse Pinkman a good send off.

10/10
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:47 AM 10-12-2019
It was nice. It was just a Pinkman epilogue, but he got the closest he could have to a happy ending.

I wouldn't say it was necessary. Some people look MUCH older than they did when the show aired (Todd, Badger) and the story was almost exactly what I expected.

IT's hard to qualify it as a movie because your enjoyment of it won't be in a vacuum. It's really just an epilogue to the show. Well done, as usual. It's not really required viewing, but it does give Jesse something of a much better send-off.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:51 AM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
So I have your personal guarantee that this movie does not **** up the perfect ending of the best tv
It doesn't change anything. There's no revelation that applies backwards.

It has no impact on what came before. It's just a simple epilogue really.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:21 AM 10-12-2019
I loved it.

Sure, it was unneeded fan-service. But is anything superior to Breaking Bad quality fan service? Because that’s exactly what it was. I was riveted from start to finish, and I can’t ask much more from TV than that.

The biggest criticism I’m seeing (which speaks to the overall quality of the movie) is due to Plemons weight gain, but idk, it kind of fits Todd to me. In the year~ Jesse was with Todd,, I could see Uncle Jack and Lydia forcing Todd on a diet to get him to the weight we saw in Felina and Todd doing it because well, that’s just Todd.

Plemons crushed the role, btw. Elevated this to BB quality. Jesse needed a foil and Todd was it.
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:01 AM 10-12-2019
Yeah, I’m in agreement with most folks here. It was completely unnecessary fan service, but it was fun nonetheless. Other than the aging actors, everything felt authentic. Biggest positive? No Skylar.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:41 AM 10-12-2019
I enjoyed it. Kind of nice to see a low key happy ending to a dark, modern show.

Really sad to read the news this morning that Robert Forster passed away, though.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:20 PM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Yeah, I’m in agreement with most folks here. It was completely unnecessary fan service, but it was fun nonetheless. Other than the aging actors, everything felt authentic. Biggest positive? No Skylar.
It was a love letter to the fans. I appreciated it.

"Dude, you're on fire."

*Casually puts out jacket fire*

One of those moments I think may not have been scripted.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 06:01 PM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I loved it.

Sure, it was unneeded fan-service. But is anything superior to Breaking Bad quality fan service? Because that’s exactly what it was. I was riveted from start to finish, and I can’t ask much more from TV than that.

The biggest criticism I’m seeing (which speaks to the overall quality of the movie) is due to Plemons weight gain, but idk, it kind of fits Todd to me. In the year~ Jesse was with Todd,, I could see Uncle Jack and Lydia forcing Todd on a diet to get him to the weight we saw in Felina and Todd doing it because well, that’s just Todd.

Plemons crushed the role, btw. Elevated this to BB quality. Jesse needed a foil and Todd was it.
The problem with Todd's weight gain was that the scenes that he was in were all flashbacks to the end of season 5. They should have tried to make the characters look as similar to that time period as possible. They did a great job making Jesse look the same (for those scenes, as well as all the other ones).
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 06:02 PM 10-12-2019
I know people hate Skyler, but man, Anna Gunn did a heck of a job in that role. Especially toward the end of the show.
[Reply]
Third Eye 06:17 PM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
I know people hate Skyler, but man, Anna Gunn did a heck of a job in that role. Especially toward the end of the show.
No question. My disdain was for the character, not the actress.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 06:20 PM 10-12-2019
I wanted two episodes so I watched half last night and plan to finish tonight. Pretty good so far.
[Reply]
TLO 06:36 PM 10-12-2019
I'm about an hour in, loving it so far.

I can't help but keep noticing the Todd weight gain though. At first I casually thought, "boy he sure added a few pounds." But as the story progresses, it sticks out to me more and more.
[Reply]
TLO 06:36 PM 10-12-2019
No question. My disdain was for the character, not the actress.
This. A million times this.

She did a wonderful job. Absolutely despised her character though.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up