ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 153
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
keg in kc 02:31 PM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I’d have gotten through the mandalorian in a day. And then probably rewatched it as my friends started talking about it. As is I watched it once through
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yep.

I like the Witcher, but I don't feel like its binge potential is anywhere near the Mandalorian's. Both great shows, but give me a Mandalorian marathon over Witcher.
I binged each of them over two days. But then I watched the Mandalorian again less than a week after first viewing. I could see me watching it again in a few months and then a fourth time before the new season launches in the fall.

Witcher I'll probably re-watch as a lead-in to season 2, but I don't see myself watching it again aside from that (and likely before later seasons, I do that with Netflix shows...). There's just other, better stuff to watch on Netflix. I'm currently halfway through season 3 of the Last Kingdom, all seasons of which were better than s1 of The Witcher. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy The Witcher and I'm not looking forward to ensuing seasosns, just that it's not good enough to warrant an immediate re-watch for me.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:03 PM 01-11-2020
I won't re-watch either, but I did just finish reading The Last Wish and will continue through the other books.
[Reply]
Valiant 08:51 PM 01-11-2020
So the armorer, is it Sabine or katan? I figured with the fall of the mandalorians they hide their true names now.
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:32 PM 01-11-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
So the armorer, is it Sabine or katan? I figured with the fall of the mandalorians they hide their true names now.
I'm going to guess neither. If it was bo-katan, I can't imagine they wouldn't have had Katee Sackhoff play her, even if she'd (the character) have been at least in her 50s or 60s. And as far as Sabine goes, as with Bo-Katan, I would expect they'd have Tiya Sircar play her, and even if they didn't, Emily Swallow gave her some kind of weird, English but not quite English accent, and Sabine spoke like an American.

I was watching Rebels yesterday, and now I'm wondering if they find a way to get Jacen Syndulla on the show. I mean, they could hire literally any actor, just give him green hair and maybe a little green tinted makeup.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:24 PM 02-04-2020
Season 2 To Debut In October 2020

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/dis...re-1203492958/

Bob Iger is "suggesting" that there could be spinoffs of The Mandalorian.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:14 PM 02-04-2020
Can’t wait.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:19 AM 02-17-2020
Just got around to watching this. Fucking amazing.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:24 PM 02-25-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:38 PM 02-25-2020
According to Giancarlo Esposito:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 06:53 PM 02-25-2020
That's what the video I just posted was about.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:20 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
According to Giancarlo Esposito:

Spoiler!
yeah, I read somewhere about a delay because the lightsaber battles with the dark saber were taking longer than the other lightsaber battles.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:36 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
yeah, I read somewhere about a delay because the lightsaber battles with the dark saber were taking longer than the other lightsaber battles.
Wow, I hadn't heard that at all but I've been a bit out of the loop since the start of the year.

But still, that's weird. I mean, it's just basic rotoscoping and Season 2 is set for October.

I wonder how much of a leash KK and the current iteration of management will get now that Iger's out because he's been her biggest champion?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:01 PM 02-25-2020
Wow, I hadn't heard that at all but I've been a bit out of the loop since the start of the year.

But still, that's weird. I mean, it's just basic rotoscoping and Season 2 is set for October.

I wonder how much of a leash KK and the current iteration of management will get now that Iger's out because he's been her biggest champion?
It apparently came out at a comic con. That's what the video was about. To my knowledge it hadn't been out prior.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:09 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It apparently came out at a comic con. That's what the video was about. To my knowledge it hadn't been out prior.
The linked video describes a production delay due to the Darksaber? Interesting.

I guess I'd better watch it but generally, Star Wars fan videos feature people with voices that shouldn't be any where near a microphone...

:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:41 PM 02-25-2020
The linked video describes a production delay due to the Darksaber? Interesting.

I guess I'd better watch it but generally, Star Wars fan videos feature people with voices that shouldn't be any where near a microphone...

:-)
I didn't watch it all, I don't know about the production problem, but it's the first I'd heard about much lightsaber battles.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 153
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up