ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 153
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:34 PM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Filoni was the one responsible for Act III of Rogue One, correct?
No, that was Tony Gilroy, who will write and direct the Rogue One prequel series.

Until The Mandalorian, Dave Filoni was the show runner, director and writer of The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars Resistance, all animated series.

The Mandalorian is is his first foray into Live Action Star Wars.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 01-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No, that was Tony Gilroy, who will write and direct the Rogue One prequel series.
Wait! What? There is going to be a Rogue One series on Disney+ done by the guy responsible for act III?:-)

Until The Mandalorian, Dave Filoni was the show runner, director and writer of The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels and Star Wars Resistance, all animated series.

The Mandalorian is is his first foray into Live Action Star Wars.
We seem to have the same taste in what works and doesn't in the Star Wars universe. If you think its going to be in good hands with Filoni, thats good enough for me.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 10:19 AM 01-02-2020
I'm not up on Star Wars, the last one I saw was Empire Strikes Back around '84, I always liked the scary aspects of Alien and Aliens. Anyway, this might be old news but I was on Amazon and saw this advertised yesterday, them along with several other stores are taking pre-orders. Apparently there are two versions, 7" tall and another at 11" tall. I believe this is the larger one, or maybe I'm mistaken and someone can tell me the difference. They're both $24.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0825SNHP1...v_ov_lig_dp_it

On Walmart they have the 7-1/2" version for pre-order.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars...2020/821173151
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:32 PM 01-02-2020
It's a prequel series focused on Cassian Andor as a shady rebellion spy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:38 PM 01-03-2020
I can't believe that it's not been brought up here or anywhere else on the internet (or at least that I can find):

Moff Gideon's attire

He's wearing all black, including a black cape and an armored breast plate that painted/adorned exactly like Vader's Controls on his armored breast plate.

Is he a Sith follower, apprentice or an Acolyte of the Beyond? Was he sent on mission to retrieve Baby Yoda by Snoke? Or maybe another Imperial, such as Admiral Thrawn (who's story has not ended)?

I'm really shocked that there hasn't been any discussion about his attire, which to me is clearly deliberate and definitely sets up Season 2.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:52 PM 01-03-2020
I can't believe that it's not been brought up here or anywhere else on the internet (or at least that I can find):

Moff Gideon's attire

He's wearing all black, including a black cape and an armored breast plate that painted/adorned exactly like Vader's Controls on his armored breast plate.

Is he a Sith follower, apprentice or an Acolyte of the Beyond? Was he sent on mission to retrieve Baby Yoda by Snoke? Or maybe another Imperial, such as Admiral Thrawn (who's story has not ended)?

I'm really shocked that there hasn't been any discussion about his attire, which to me is clearly deliberate and definitely sets up Season 2.
We did, glazed over elements of to Knights of Ren with a zealots mentality of getting the Child with the possibility of being the Chosen One since he and Anakin were born the same year.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:54 PM 01-03-2020
Snoke :-)

No one is touching JJ's stupid shit

as for his armor, i think its pretty standard imperial armor like veers wore, just black

also has some TIE pilot armor influence

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:56 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Snoke :-)

No one is touching JJ's stupid shit
Why are you even posting in these threads?

We all get it: You hated RoS.

Shitting on every Star Wars thread will not change a thing and those of us who enjoy discussing the films and TV series don't need your constant negative comments.

Thanks for abstaining in the future.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:00 PM 01-03-2020

Shitting on every Star Wars thread will not change a thing and those of us who enjoy discussing the films and TV series don't need your constant negative comments.

Don't think so - there is a clear disconnect between what's happening in the Mando and the absurd shit JJ cooked up.

Snoke won't ever be mentioned again and nor will Palpatine is my guess.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:01 PM 01-03-2020
as for his armor, i think its pretty standard imperial armor like veers wore, just black
Good eye!

The difference is that Gideon's have no functionality, whereas the Tie Fighter's armor has some, which I assume has to do with oxygen control in case the hull is breached.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:02 PM 01-03-2020

Yeah it is what it is, JJ/RJ both screwed the pooch.

It's up to Farveau and Filoni to make the story coherent because of that and somehow do a soft retcon with Baby Yoda
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:05 PM 01-03-2020
Don't think so - there is a clear disconnect between what's happening in the Mando and the absurd shit JJ cooked up.

Snoke won't ever be mentioned again and nor will Palpatine is my guess.
Favreau was well aware of the RoS script while writing and shooting Season 1 of the Mandalorian, which also has a connection to RoS.

The "value" of the "asset" has been mentioned many times throughout Season 1 so if there IS a connection to RoS, it's most likely that The Sith Eternal are searching for a powerful Force User in order to resurrect Darth Sidious.

Who better to capture than a Force user that's the same species as Yoda?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:06 PM 01-03-2020
Favreau was well aware of the RoS script while writing and shooting Season 1 of the Mandalorian, which also has a connection to RoS.

The "value" of the "asset" has been mentioned many times throughout Season 1 so if there IS a connection to RoS, it's most likely that The Sith Eternal are searching for a powerful Force User in order to resurrect Darth Sidious.

Who better to capture than a Force user that's the same species as Yoda?
Sounds like total fucking bullshit to me.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:07 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yeah it is what it is, JJ/RJ both screwed the pooch.

It's up to Farveau and Filoni to make the story coherent because of that and somehow do a soft retcon with Baby Yoda
or just do their own story - not everything has to connect
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:10 PM 01-03-2020
or just do their own story - not everything has to connect
Unfortunately you can't, because they included force sensitive characters in the Skywalker time frame.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 153
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up