ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>Netflix: Lost in Space
stumppy 03:37 PM 04-13-2018
Didn't see a thread about it.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80104198

Dropped today, I'm going to have to give it a go. Robot looks cool as hell.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:20 PM 04-13-2018
Mexican in space? Where's the border wall up there?
[Reply]
listopencil 08:24 PM 04-13-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yeah, I don't get it? At least she can perform complicated surgery while trapped in ice-lol

Female- Dr. Smith
Red head- Judy
Black - Penney
Mexican- Mark
Parents getting a divorce.

I wonder if Will is transgender?

:-)
Meh. Dr. Smith being female is interesting because the original Dr. Smith was a flamboyant, flaming, homosexual man. I honestly don't give a shit about the Hispanic guy - in fact I have a brother in law that always reminded me of that character growing up. They could be the same guy. And my brother in law's family is Tejano so the character just looks more like my brother in law now, lol. Having the black kid is odd when you look at both parents. Up until the end of episode two the family has only interacted with each other (besides the robot) so I can see it not really coming up in conversation yet. The marital problems add a bit of adult emotional depth to the parents though.

The original show was pretty campy. They had a lot of goofy moments. It wasn't one of my favorites but I did watch it. If they followed the same set up as the original this TV show would be shit by modern standards. The reboot is already better than the original.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:32 PM 04-13-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Meh. Dr. Smith being female is interesting because the original Dr. Smith was a flamboyant, flaming, homosexual man. I honestly don't give a shit about the Hispanic guy - in fact I have a brother in law that always reminded me of that character growing up. They could be the same guy. And my brother in law's family is Tejano so the character just looks more like my brother in law now, lol. Having the black kid is odd when you look at both parents. Up until the end of episode two the family has only interacted with each other (besides the robot) so I can see it not really coming up in conversation yet. The marital problems add a bit of adult emotional depth to the parents though.

The original show was pretty campy. They had a lot of goofy moments. It wasn't one of my favorites but I did watch it. If they followed the same set up as the original this TV show would be shit by modern standards. The reboot is already better than the original.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 08:41 PM 04-13-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 08:47 PM 04-13-2018
Damnit, thought I posted this in the Media Forum.
Feel free to move it Mods.
[Reply]
Hog Rider 08:05 AM 04-14-2018
Why do robots need big muscles?
Do they have enough space suits to fit these kids as they grow up? And what about shoes?
Doesn't anyone take sunglasses on family space outings?
Why do folks who get lost in space always run into danger? How many times do you have to be told DANGER?
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:08 AM 04-14-2018
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Damnit, thought I posted this in the Media Forum.
Feel free to move it Mods.
Just in the nick of time before I posted a classic CP "if only there was a forum for media stuff"
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:08 AM 04-14-2018
loved the 1998 movie!

Will check this out for sure
[Reply]
stumppy 08:41 AM 04-14-2018
It has a lot of potential. Too bad the writing and characters get in the way.

Made it through 4 episodes last night, probably power my way through the rest but I doubt there'll be enough there to get me past the first season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:12 AM 04-14-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
It looks really good. Good enough to get me to finally sign up for Netflix
WTF? As far as entertainment $'s goes, its the most bang for you buck out there. It's way better than it was just 2 years ago.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:32 AM 04-14-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
WTF? As far as entertainment $'s goes, its the most bang for you buck out there. It's way better than it was just 2 years ago.
I want every movie ever made for $9.99 a month
[Reply]
cwhocares 09:51 AM 04-14-2018
Meh. Watched the first episode last night. Bad writing and acting. Lot of women power going on here. A black child??? Maybe it's the moms love child from House of Cards.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:53 AM 04-14-2018
Originally Posted by cwhocares:
Meh. Watched the first episode last night. Bad writing and acting. Lot of women power going on here. A black child??? Maybe it's the moms love child from House of Cards.
Yea, Meh!
[Reply]
aturnis 10:11 AM 04-14-2018
Excited to watch this with my son. Was going to post a thread about this a week or so ago, but kind of glad I didn't and may not participate in this one if things keep going this way. Why does the KKK always need to show up and ruin everything on CP?
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:17 AM 04-14-2018
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up