ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime?
Bruce Lee 264 62.56%
Mike Tyson 158 37.44%
Voters: 422. You may not vote on this poll
Page 57 of 82
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who Would Win in a Fight Between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson?
rico 04:37 PM 03-17-2012
Alright Planeteers, I've been arguing on message boards with people about this off and on for a couple years now and I want to get CP's input on it. The question is this: Who would win in a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson in his prime? Let's hear it!
[Reply]
Squalor2 09:22 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I never said Tyson was a regular guy. I said they were both excellent at their crafts. But few people are discrediting Tyson. Nobody's comparing Tyson to Stallone.
yeah, it be easier if you didn't go charlie weis. looks like a couple of trains colliding and you bring up a guy that doesn't understand why his garden hose leaks
[Reply]
Dayze 09:29 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Brock:
Just a lot of "yeah, but ronda can shoot and clinch for the takedown" on Mayweather just days before she got her face caved in by an average striking talent. It's still pretty funny.
:-)
No shit.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:31 PM 01-26-2016
Bruce Lee vs. John Wayne?

This will be a tough one for some folks I'm sure.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:57 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Bruce Lee vs. John Wayne?

This will be a tough one for some folks I'm sure.
The Duke would just toss the 40lbs of impacted red meat from his colon at Bruce and knock him out.

I'm not speculating...it's science.
[Reply]
Saul Good 10:04 PM 01-26-2016
The board has voted more than 2:1 for Bruce Lee. I love this place.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:47 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Brock:
Literally no credible person in the world of boxing thinks this

To answer an earlier question about Tyson vs Louis, Marciano, Foreman, etc

Yeah. He would have knocked them all the **** out.
:-) Here is a nice synopsis on the Baddest man on the Planet.

Where does Mike Tyson rank among the all-time greats?
There’s no question that for a brief time in the late 1980s Tyson was truly awesome -- as feared and dominating as any fighter who ever lived. But true greatness also requires longevity and wins over quality opponents and in these two categories Tyson is sorely lacking. Tyson’s prime really only lasted from his 1985 debut through the end 1989 -- just prior to being KO’d by Buster Douglas. During this time Tyson was an amazing 37-0 and became the youngest heavyweight champ in history. But his greatest victories were KOs against a flabby, over the hill ex-champ in Larry Holmes and a scared, blown-up light heavyweight in Michael Spinks. Tyson’s other "big wins" were over Trevor Berbick, Bonecrusher Smith, Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Tony Tubbs and Frank Bruno. Hardly the stuff of legends.
Using the Douglas loss as the turning point, Tyson is an extremely ordinary 12-4 with 2 no contests over the second part of his career. Against the great fighters of his era - Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis and Buster Douglas - Tyson was 0-4 (OK, I’m using the term ‘great’ very loosely here in order to make a point) and he never even faced Riddick Bowe, George Foreman, Ray Mercer or Michael Moorer. Given the stunningly short duration of Tyson’s meteoric rise and fall, along with his lack of truly significant wins, it’s impossible to rank Tyson among the top ten heavyweights of all-time. In one of the greatest cases of squandered talent in the history of sports, Tyson’s spot in the pantheon of greats belongs somewhere between numbers 11 and 20 -- right next to his twin from an earlier era, Charles "Sonny" Liston. Only time will tell if Tyson’s life continues to parallel the tragic arc or Liston’s or if he can somehow redeem himself and avoid a similarly early and mysterious demise
[Reply]
Brock 10:51 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

There’s no question that for a brief time in the late 1980s Tyson was truly awesome -- as feared and dominating as any fighter who ever lived. But true greatness also requires longevity and wins over quality opponents and in these two categories Tyson is sorely lacking. Tyson’s prime really only lasted from his 1985 debut through the end 1989 -- just prior to being KO’d by Buster Douglas. During this time Tyson was an amazing 37-0 and became the youngest heavyweight champ in history. But his greatest victories were KOs against a flabby, over the hill ex-champ in Larry Holmes and a scared, blown-up light heavyweight in Michael Spinks. Tyson’s other "big wins" were over Trevor Berbick, Bonecrusher Smith, Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Tony Tubbs and Frank Bruno. Hardly the stuff of legends.
Using the Douglas loss as the turning point, Tyson is an extremely ordinary 12-4 with 2 no contests over the second part of his career. Against the great fighters of his era - Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis and Buster Douglas - Tyson was 0-4 (OK, I’m using the term ‘great’ very loosely here in order to make a point) and he never even faced Riddick Bowe, George Foreman, Ray Mercer or Michael Moorer. Given the stunningly short duration of Tyson’s meteoric rise and fall, along with his lack of truly significant wins, it’s impossible to rank Tyson among the top ten heavyweights of all-time. In one of the greatest cases of squandered talent in the history of sports, Tyson’s spot in the pantheon of greats belongs somewhere between numbers 11 and 20 -- right next to his twin from an earlier era, Charles "Sonny" Liston. Only time will tell if Tyson’s life continues to parallel the tragic arc or Liston’s or if he can somehow redeem himself and avoid a similarly early and mysterious demise
^ compares Tyson to Liston

Low boxing iq

^ Also thinks Bruce Lee could take down an all time great boxer - straight up moron
[Reply]
TimBone 12:22 AM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Name a few quality fighters Bruce Lee has defeated.
[Reply]
Toby Waller 01:56 AM 01-27-2016

[Reply]
Bufkin 02:28 AM 01-27-2016
I came in here expecting a 500-40 vote in favor of Tyson. Am absolutely shocked that anybody would rationally think that a movie martial artist would have a snowball's chance in hell with one of the greatest boxers in heavyweight history. It would end in nanoseconds, and Lee would most likely be put on life support.
[Reply]
rico 08:30 AM 01-27-2016
I remember when this was like 92/8% Lee, and a moderate portion of the discussion consisted of how I am a dumb n00b.
[Reply]
Saul Good 08:54 AM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by rico:
I remember when this was like 92/8% Lee, and a moderate portion of the discussion consisted of how I am a dumb n00b.
You never did provide the detailed rundown you promised in the Rousey vs Mayweather thread. It's not too late.
[Reply]
rico 08:56 AM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
You never did provide the detailed rundown you promised in the Rousey vs Mayweather thread. It's not too late.
Haha, you remember that? I thought about that for a few days and hoped it would blow over and thought it did. I'll have to go back to that one because I was walking around with a little notepad taking notes on what to write about that one... It'll be a tl;dr type of deal.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:58 AM 01-27-2016
It's not the size of the dog in the fight guys...

Bruce Lee vs. Godzilla?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:59 AM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by Bufkin:
I came in here expecting a 500-40 vote in favor of Tyson. Am absolutely shocked that anybody would rationally think that a movie martial artist would have a snowball's chance in hell with one of the greatest boxers in heavyweight history. It would end in nanoseconds, and Lee would most likely be put on life support.
Lee would rip Tyson's eyes out of his fat ****ing head.

I promise.

Lee was an actor because he got paid.

Tyson would be an actor, but he's too stupid. So instead they have 'Mike Tyson's Mysteries' on CN. Funny shit. But Tyson would still get his asss kicked.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 82
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Up