ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Media Center>Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is the best sequel better than the first
Rasputin 11:39 AM 12-22-2019
Change my mind.

What others movie sequels is better than the first?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:16 AM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
While Raiders of the Lost Ark was the pacesetter and a fantastic film, The Last Crusade is my favorite due to the casting and overall story arc.

Sean Connery as Henry Jones, Sr.? Maybe the best casting of all time, IMO, and such a delight in that role.
I agree with a lot of this.

But it does make you scratch your head, when re-watching Raiders, why there was no mention of his father.

I read the book at least 3x when I was a kid, and I dont recall any mention of Henry Sr.

You would think Henry Sr would know a bit about the ark of the covenant/well of souls, etc......... :-)
[Reply]
crispystl 06:39 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Seems like the even numbered movies in the Star Trek flicks as the best ones, at least for TOS.
I dunno man 3 was pretty bad ass.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:37 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
But it does make you scratch your head, when re-watching Raiders, why there was no mention of his father
No, not at all.

The story was so self-contained that it didn't make sense to mention Indy's father or mother (whom we know absolutely nothing about) unless they were pertinent to the story which apparently, they weren't.

In Crusade, Indy says that Grail Lore was his father's "Hobby. His passion, really".

Marion's father was the person obsessed with the Ark, which is why Indy initially went looking for Abner, only to find him deceased and Marion in possession of the Headpiece to the Staff of Ra.
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:42 PM 01-03-2020
On the other hand chilled monkey brains are a lot cooler than a dude randomly eating a fly.

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:19 PM 01-31-2020
Deadpool 2 > Deadpool

My a mile
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:36 PM 01-31-2020
Kinda felt like this thread was being bumped in honor of the 'worst takes of the week' thread.

Because this is a truly terrible take.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:53 AM 02-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
...god-awful Kim Darby...

I don't think she was horrible in the role, and I'll forgive her anyway because...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27...rk_(1973_film)

...scared the living shit out of me as a child.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:16 AM 02-01-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I don't think she was horrible in the role, and I'll forgive her anyway because...

The 70s were a golden age for made for tv movies. Particularly for made for tv horror. Don't Be Afraid of the Dark is a classic. Dark Night of the Scarecrow is another.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:30 PM 02-01-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Kinda felt like this thread was being bumped in honor of the 'worst takes of the week' thread.

Because this is a truly terrible take.
I didn’t laugh much at Deadpool. The 2nd one was hilarious.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:18 PM 02-01-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:

Yea. ABC used to make a ton of made for tv horror movies in the 70s and 80s

Most you can find on YouTube now.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up