ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Why does everybody hate Nickelback?
Frazod 07:02 PM 02-08-2019
They're after my time, and as far as I know I've only ever heard one of their songs. Which is frankly kind of catchy.

But comparing any disliked band to Nickelback seems to be the ultimate musical insult, and any time they are mentioned people seem to pile on like the crowd that wanted to burn the witch in Holy Grail.

What did they do? Does everybody hate their music that much? Are they dicks to their fans?

I need somebody not musically stuck in the decade between '75 and '85 to enlighten me.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:51 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
They just got overplayed on the radio and for many people their songs are cliched. For me five finger death punch is the ultimate wannabe tough guy douche rock. If anyone complains kick him out of your car like the cab driver in the Big Lebowski.
Yep.
I heard that band the first time and was like....uhhhhh....then before I could even finish my thought, it seemed they were the next thing.
They’re terrible
[Reply]
Dayze 07:55 AM 02-09-2019
I don’t even hate NB. Though, I enjoy the jokes. I don’t crave ickelback music, but I don’t mind it if it comes on. Sounds good mix wise
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:15 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I get the sameness and cliche criticisms, but I've heard a lot worse music than Nickelback. They're not my thing, but they are catchy. Tool's popularity confuses me though.
First two Tool albums are fantastic. They put it in neutral after that and took people's money for rehashed crap.

Five Finger Death punch is the current standard for horrific music. They decided that they could out do Nicleback and attacked suckitude with a vengeance.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:06 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I've heard a lot worse music than Nickelback. They're not my thing, but they are catchy.
This.

I've only heard four songs by them that I know of but could name a lot of pop,rap,country artists that are a lot worse IMO.
[Reply]
Fish 10:22 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by idrapethat:
They were an incredible insult to grunge music. Comparing them to nirvana is like comparing whitesnake to led zeppelin.
Whitesnake >>>> Led Zeppelin

:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 10:26 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by idrapethat:
They were an incredible insult to grunge music. Comparing them to nirvana is like comparing whitesnake to led zeppelin.
Grunge was an incredible insult to music.
[Reply]
marilynmayhem 10:45 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
First two Tool albums are fantastic. They put it in neutral after that and took people's money for rehashed crap.

Five Finger Death punch is the current standard for horrific music. They decided that they could out do Nicleback and attacked suckitude with a vengeance.
They did a cover of "Bad Company" that was almost worse than Limp Bizkit's "Behind Blue Eyes". Juet turrible.
[Reply]
marilynmayhem 10:47 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I don't know, "grunge" is the worst moniker for all kinds of different music from a specific era and area since before "Southern Rock" became "nü-cüntry".
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:53 AM 02-09-2019
After trying to listen to that 50 Cent dude's "Many Men" rant in another thread, nobody should ever complain about Nickelback.
[Reply]
marilynmayhem 10:57 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
After trying to listen to that 50 Cent dude's "Many Men" rant in another thread, nobody should ever complain about Nickelback.
So, I may sound like an 'old fogey', but 50 Cent isn't actually music?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:58 AM 02-09-2019
I couldn't give less of a shit about Nickelback, of course my choices in music have nothing to do with whats popular/unpopular.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 11:47 AM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I shouldn't have used the word grunge. I don't know how you can listen to Jar of Flies by alice in chains the whole way through and get nothing out of it.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:09 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Whitesnake >>>> Led Zeppelin

:-)
I wouldn't go that far but Whitesnake's albums before Tawny Kitaen are really good. Heavy blues rock that is a mashup of Zeppelin and Purple. The main reason people compare them to Led Zeppelin is because "Still of the Night" has a similar structure to "Black Dog". But meh - Fleetwood Mac and Nazareth also did similar songs and nobody compares them to Zeppelin.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:17 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I wouldn't go that far but Whitesnake's albums before Tawny Kitaen are really good. Heavy blues rock that is a mashup of Zeppelin and Purple. The main reason people compare them to Led Zeppelin is because "Still of the Night" has a similar structure to "Black Dog". But meh - Fleetwood Mac and Nazareth also did similar songs and nobody compares them to Zeppelin.
I think the lead vocals had something to do with it too.
[Reply]
Frosty 03:39 PM 02-09-2019
I don't really think Coverdale sounds all that much like Plant but - okay.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up