ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 57
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Media Center>Captain Marvel
Fish 08:23 AM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:12 PM 02-18-2019
Marvel basically set this movie up not to fail. It is pivotal to the Avengers movie coming out in May so you have to see Captain Marvel in Theaters if you want to be up to date on whats going on.

There is literally no other movie competing with it in March. Go and look up movies being released in that time frame. If you want to go watch a movie that month this is pretty much it.

Smart on Marvels part to basically force this movie down our throats. Hopefully they follow through and make an amazing movie. So far their movies have earned the right for me to give this movie a chance. So I will probably end up watching it in theaters.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:30 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Marvel basically set this movie up not to fail. It is pivotal to the Avengers movie coming out in May so you have to see Captain Marvel in Theaters if you want to be up to date on whats going on.

There is literally no other movie competing with it in March. Go and look up movies being released in that time frame. If you want to go watch a movie that month this is pretty much it.

Smart on Marvels part to basically force this movie down our throats. Hopefully they follow through and make an amazing movie. So far their movies have earned the right for me to give this movie a chance. So I will probably end up watching it in theaters.
Yeah, this.

Brie Larson just looks.....out of place as Marvel. Too.....wooden, or something. But like you said, Marvel has crushed it on easily 90% of everything they've done since the first Iron Man, so I'll give them the benefit on this one.
[Reply]
O.city 12:31 PM 02-18-2019
I'll go watch it. My oldest is obsessed with the Marvel universe so I'm sure we'll enjoy it.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:46 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Sure, but what is this based on? I can't find anything out there that indicates it's anything than someone's educated guess.
Of course that's all it is. Regardless of the underpinnings, that's all it can possibly be, since it's an attempt to predict the future.

And even then, it's based on opening weekend - not total gross - so why does it really matter?
Two things make today's movie industry go, and those are money and political agendas. And the studios need to make enough of the former to pursue the latter.

And even then, are we actually trying to imply that a $100m opening is weak? That's what Wonder Woman did. If Captain Marvel is received as well as Wonder Woman, that would be a huge success for Marvel in my mind.
If you can't accept that a potential $80 million drop in opening week revenue is something significant enough to point out, you're welcome to hold onto that position. Marvel has done just about everything possible to set this movie up as a monstrous success, because it wants this character to be a major part of the next phase of the MCU. I think that a Marvel movie showing such a potential drop despite that is newsworthy, particularly when a stated part of the reason for the projected drop is that the movie's star just won't shut the **** up about things that are irrelevant to the movie.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 01:27 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:

Its coming out April 26
[Reply]
Rausch 08:54 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, this.

Brie Larson just looks.....out of place as Marvel. Too.....wooden, or something. But like you said, Marvel has crushed it on easily 90% of everything they've done since the first Iron Man, so I'll give them the benefit on this one.
This movie has been given every chance to succeed but Larson has done everything in her power to make it fail.

She, not Marvel/Disney, has marketed this as a social justice landmark film.

And people should not be comparing this to Black Panther. Some fans and media might have gone on and on about SJ stuff but the cast and marketing itself did not. The most you heard out of them was "hey, we think a mostly black cast is a great thing" and I agree. There's room in the MCU for everyone.

Perhaps it's a great movie and will do great. Up until now I think the MCU has done a fantastic job. Despite what the star has to say about the film it might not be that type of film at all.

Personally I'm not going to pay to find out. I'll watch it for free when it's out on one of the streaming sites like I did Ant Man and the Wasp.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:54 AM 02-19-2019
Other than Spiderman, Thor and Guardians...probably won't watch anymore MCU films after Endgame.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:11 AM 02-20-2019
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02...witter-roundup

CAPTAIN MARVEL / 19 FEB 2019 10:02 PM PST
CAPTAIN MARVEL: FIRST REACTIONS TWITTER ROUNDUP
Share. Everyone loved Goose, too.

BY JESSIE WADE

Captain Marvel was screened to members of the press Tuesday evening in LA, and those who saw it have now been allowed to post their honest reactions about the upcoming Marvel Studios film on social media.

The reactions have been overtly positive, with many saying that Captain Marvel is unlike any other film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Multiple critics have praised Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, and Ben Mendelsohn, as well as the '90s vibe movie setting.

Our roundup of Twitter's first reactions from critics follows:

Editor-in-Chief of We Live Entertainment, Scott Menzel, said it is one of his favorite Marvel films of all time.

Erik Davis, Managing Editor at Fandango, said Captain Marvel is unlike any other Marvel movie and is surprisingly funny.

IGN's James Vejvoda shared his thoughts about Captain Marvel, talking about the '90s nostalgia and how great Larson, Jackson, and Mendelsohn all were.

Slashfilm's Peter Sciretta said Captain Marvel's origin story is great, but the '90s music choices are too obvious at times.

IGN's Jacki Jing talked about the surprising comedy in the script, the '90s soundtrack, and Carol Danvers' adorable cat.

Eric Eisenberg from CinemaBlend said that Danvers' cat, Goose is "a brilliant scene-stealer" and said the movie was "a blast!" and had surprises he didn't see coming.

Uproxx's Mike Ryan had more details to describe his enjoyment of Captain Marvel, saying Mendelsohn was the star, and that the film was, "a lot weirder than I expected."

Editor-in-Chief of Collider, Steven Weintraub, was another who said that Mendelsohn steals the show, and that Larson is perfect for the role of Captain Marvel.

Entertainment Tonight's Ash Crossan said Captain Marvel was extremely relatable as a character and that she loved the film.

LA Times' Sonaiya Kelley gave support to it being, "pro-woman without being over done," while saying it could be similar to the first Captain America movie as an Avengers prequel.

Sounds like a Marvel movie. I was going to go see it anyways, but this makes me a little bit more excited.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:32 AM 02-20-2019
Wonder how they all missed the fact that it's clearly a feminist diatribe.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:20 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02...witter-roundup

CAPTAIN MARVEL / 19 FEB 2019 10:02 PM PST
CAPTAIN MARVEL: FIRST REACTIONS TWITTER ROUNDUP
Share. Everyone loved Goose, too.

BY JESSIE WADE

Captain Marvel was screened to members of the press Tuesday evening in LA, and those who saw it have now been allowed to post their honest reactions about the upcoming Marvel Studios film on social media.

The reactions have been overtly positive, with many saying that Captain Marvel is unlike any other film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Multiple critics have praised Brie Larson, Samuel L. Jackson, and Ben Mendelsohn, as well as the '90s vibe movie setting.

Our roundup of Twitter's first reactions from critics follows:

Editor-in-Chief of We Live Entertainment, Scott Menzel, said it is one of his favorite Marvel films of all time.

Erik Davis, Managing Editor at Fandango, said Captain Marvel is unlike any other Marvel movie and is surprisingly funny.

IGN's James Vejvoda shared his thoughts about Captain Marvel, talking about the '90s nostalgia and how great Larson, Jackson, and Mendelsohn all were.

Slashfilm's Peter Sciretta said Captain Marvel's origin story is great, but the '90s music choices are too obvious at times.

IGN's Jacki Jing talked about the surprising comedy in the script, the '90s soundtrack, and Carol Danvers' adorable cat.

Eric Eisenberg from CinemaBlend said that Danvers' cat, Goose is "a brilliant scene-stealer" and said the movie was "a blast!" and had surprises he didn't see coming.

Uproxx's Mike Ryan had more details to describe his enjoyment of Captain Marvel, saying Mendelsohn was the star, and that the film was, "a lot weirder than I expected."

Editor-in-Chief of Collider, Steven Weintraub, was another who said that Mendelsohn steals the show, and that Larson is perfect for the role of Captain Marvel.

Entertainment Tonight's Ash Crossan said Captain Marvel was extremely relatable as a character and that she loved the film.

LA Times' Sonaiya Kelley gave support to it being, "pro-woman without being over done," while saying it could be similar to the first Captain America movie as an Avengers prequel.

Sounds like a Marvel movie. I was going to go see it anyways, but this makes me a little bit more excited.
Not saying it isn't a good movie but critics can suck a dick. They wouldn't know a good movie if it bit them on the ass.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:22 AM 02-20-2019
I'm sure this movie will be as entertaining ad any other marvel movie recently. I had no doubts I'd be seeing it.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:01 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Not saying it isn't a good movie but critics can suck a dick. They wouldn't know a good movie if it bit them on the ass.
I mean, they're not perfect, but there's a pretty strong correlation between critic ratings and audience ratings, especially in the action/adventure genre.

It's really amusing to me how much some of you guys want this thing to be bad. I'm not a huge fan of Larson's off-screen antics either, but I hardly care when it comes to a good flick.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:05 AM 02-20-2019
I mean, they're not perfect, but there's a pretty strong correlation between critic ratings and audience ratings, especially in the action/adventure genre.

It's really amusing to me how much some of you guys want this thing to be bad. I'm not a huge fan of Larson's off-screen antics either, but I hardly care when it comes to a good flick.
I mean outside of "The Last Jedi" I've agreed with Critics far more than disagreed with them. Maybe Venom I could also point to where I enjoyed it but critics panned it. Disney might not have their fingers on the pulse of Star Wars but with Marvel movies, it's about as lock as you can get.
[Reply]
Sully 10:09 AM 02-20-2019
Spoiler: So was the original 1977 "Ms. Marvel" comic run...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:05 AM 02-20-2019
Marvel has earned the rope to hang themselves as far as I’m concerned.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 57
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up