ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 30
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Media Center>Madden 19
Hammock Parties 06:34 PM 05-19-2018
First news leak:

Improved QB arm animation

Route running rating is removed and replaced by deep, intermediate and short route running.

New punting interface

New franchise mode

[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:00 PM 08-13-2018
I know there's a PS4 league on here, but there's currently an Xbox One X Madden 19 bundle on Ebay for $450. Not a bad deal on the premium console considering you get a $60 game w/ it when alone the console normally sells for $499. I actually just sold my PS4 because most of my friends have Xbox and I'm also getting a new 4K TV for my soon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-X...MAAOSwOHpbaOFY
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:23 AM 08-14-2018
Looks like developing a team is going to be a LOT harder.

Originally Posted by :
Dev traits

In terms of XP and progression, Normal is the new Slow, Quick is the new Normal, Star is the new Quick and Superstar is still Superstar. But this isn't the case for the draft classes themselves. From what I've observed, the following is the approximate breakdown of dev traits in a generated class of rookies:

Around 35-50 Quick dev players (mainly in round 1)

Around 10-15 Star dev players

Up to about 5 Superstar dev players

Everyone else Normal dev (approx. 150-170 players)

So this is the equivalent of the majority of the draft class having Slow dev in previous years. I actually think this is a good move as it will reward good play with more changes to dynamic dev at the end of the season, but I would also argue it makes getting young players of even greater significance: a 21 year old has 5 years to get himself from normal dev to something with a chance of progression, while a 24 year old has a very short window.

It's also going to make devving late round prospects harder, as they will need to be playing in order to get a dev trait and progress properly. The age old tactic of drafting young, athletic middle and late rounders and 'redshirting' them will be less effective this year.

Scouting dev traits is harder

As you'll see when I release the new version of the scouting dev traits infographic, it's now a lot harder to predict dev traits using draft stories. The stories are more varied (with fewer Madden News items and more Tweets) and there are now no guaranteed dev stories. Your Heisman winners, All Star MVPs, Sons of Coaches and Rugby Converts are no longer guaranteed superstars. And many of the previously very positive stories (such as good performances at the combine or Pro Day) sometimes result in a reduction of dev trait, rather than an increase.

My working theory (which I need more time and data to validate) is that some stories result in a 'dice roll' for development, which has different odds of landing on a good/bad trait depending on the nature and positivity of the story. Other stories will still be only for 'colour' and have no effect on dev. Watch this space on this one, but it's fair to say that my infographic is going to be less useful this year!

Scheme fit is king

Needing to find players that fit your scheme is going to make scouting very interesting. You may find that you're waiting several years for a good prospect who's a good scheme fit at a certain position, and having to fit square pegs into round holes in the interim, to the detriment of your team.

But there's also opportunity: if you are using a scheme that results in you needing players of an archetype that few other teams utilise, you can pick up draft bargains due to less demand for those players. Additionally, if you're smart enough to know the attributes and traits that make a player effective in a scheme that isn't their default archetype, then you can draft the right conversion prospects that your rivals might miss.

Combine is king for O line

With all the new blocking attributes, it's getting harder to predict how good offensive linemen will be. This means the combine (particularly bench press) is paramount for these guys. I'd even go as far as to say it's not worth unlocking more than one skill on any O lineman until after the combine, such is the importance of the bench skill (look for guys with at least 30 reps).

Broad Jump... What does it do?

Speaking of the combine, I can now confirm categorically that the Broad Jump does.... absolutely nothing. EA have claimed in the past that it factors into STR and AGI ratings, but this is false. It does nothing to any physical attribute. 40 time indicates speed, 3 cone indicates acceleration, shuttle indicates agility, vertical indicates jump and bench indicates strength, but the broad is utterly pointless.

You'll be glad to know I won't need you to capture it in the new version of the scouting tool.

Red diamonds

By virtue of being able to edit draft classes, I've now finally confirmed exactly what the red diamonds mean. It's nothing revolutionary, but it's tied directly to OVR, and where a player ranks within the class in terms of Madden's true talent evaluation. A player's talent grade won't drop from early to middle or late within rounds, but will drop a whole round if they get a red diamond (e.g. from 1E to 2E, or 3L to 5L).

The overall ratings associated with a talent grade will vary by class, but they will be something along the lines of:

1st round talent: >77 OVR

2nd round talent: 75-76 OVR

3rd round talent: 74 OVR

4th round talent: 73 OVR

5th round talent: 71-72 OVR

6th round talent: 70 OVR

7th round talent: 69 OVR

Undrafted talent: <69 OVR

As I said, this will vary by class. I did some analysis on draft classes in M18 and there's a fair amount of variance in quality, particularly in rounds 1 and 2, but things tend to converge after that and it's much of a muchness. So a 2M talent grade on a 1M projection could be disastrous in one class, but a chance to nab a bargain in another. Keep track of the quality of players in the first round, as this will indicate the trend for the talent ratings of red diamonds.

Quarterbacks

With all the new QB attributes, it's likely they're going to be the hardest position to scout. The result of the extra attributes is also that there are bigger differences between their abilities in different schemes, so scheme fit is paramount for QBs (I would argue your QB's abilities should dictate the scheme for the rest of your offense). I haven't done too much research on QBs yet, but they look like they could be quite tough to scout thanks to all the extra attributes.

The 4-3 Run Stopper DE to DT convert tactic is dead(ish)

My favourite draft tactic of moving a big, strong run stopper DE to DT may be dead, as they've nerfed the run stopping DEs now. Such a shame (for me, selfishly). I used to pick up projected undrafted dudes in the middle and late rounds and convert them to ~78 OVR DTs. But looks like that won't be possible any more.

[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:08 AM 08-14-2018
I threw 4 picks with Mahomes in my first game. It's been a long time since I played Madden.

And what's with a mile-wide running hole that as soon as I take a step through (and should be gone), someone comes out of nowhere and takes me down?

Guess I'm getting old.......as I recall Madden 95 as the good 'ol days! :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:32 PM 08-14-2018
Yep. I'm not touching this shit until the patch.

other developers are making enormous open-world games without that many major bugs. ea has been making this game inside of a 120-yard rectangle since reagan was in office https://t.co/yL3qpILsNq

— Jon Bois (@jon_bois) August 15, 2018

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:51 PM 08-14-2018
EA is garbage.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:21 PM 08-14-2018
I played franchise today and simmed to the draft. I picked 18th and received offers to trade my pick.

The trade offers for my pick:

Broncos: I give up 2019 first and receive 2019 second round pick with nothing additional.

Jets: My first and their second round pick

Their first wasn't even included!

Fucking terrible EA.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:24 PM 08-14-2018
EA should have copied the trade mode from The Show. You know where you can actually modify it to see what they will and won’t accept before submitting it. Or how you can switch between starters and prospects.

Fuck EA. Fuck Madden.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:30 AM 08-15-2018
I played it probably 8 hours on Friday. Didn’t fuck with it at all on Saturday. Played two games on Sunday. Haven’t touched it since. Lol

It’s pretty bad. And I don’t have the energy or gumption to start fucking with the sliders.

Guesss I’m just waiting for RDR2 in October at this point.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:13 AM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That's not that bad. That was a really tight window you probably shouldnt have been throwing into. It looks worse than it really is because the animation makes him jump too far, but he didn't have to actually jump that far to make a play on the ball. He jumps BEYOND the area he had to get to to make a play, so it looks absurd.

Adjust coverage and pass reaction slider if that really bothers you.
It looks absurd because he got a jetpack up his ass and gained super speed.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:27 AM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Here’s a tips vid about running the ball: https://youtu.be/qg4I_JEY1JQ

Interesting. Guy says that you should never hold turbo behind the LOS because it can trigger the CPU to shed blocks easier.
I've always known that you don't use turbo behind the LOS, not just for this year. But I never realized that it makes defenders speed up their block shedding. That's interesting and stupid EA programming.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:36 AM 08-15-2018
So where the fuck are the patches? This game has been out for a week and there hasn't been a single patch to fix the myriad of shit yet?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:39 AM 08-15-2018
This RBs fumbling problem is unacceptable.

[Reply]
Lzen 07:40 AM 08-15-2018
Well, crap. I preordered mine on Amazon because I got a good discount. It did finally arrive yesterday. I haven't had a chance to open it up and play it as of yet. I was planning on doing that tonight but now I'm not sure I want to do that. Some of the comments and links in this thread make me excited to play it while others make me want to send it back and get a refund. Hmmmm, which way should I go?
[Reply]
Lzen 07:41 AM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So where the **** are the patches? This game has been out for a week and there hasn't been a single patch to fix the myriad of shit yet?
Usually, there are multiple patches the first couple of weeks. Correct?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:42 AM 08-15-2018
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Usually, there are multiple patches the first couple of weeks. Correct?
Usually, yes. The gamebreaking stuff like that kickoff glitch should only take a couple days at the most.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 30
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up