ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 22
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>FOX & MacFarlane's The Orville
Fire Me Boy! 06:46 AM 05-16-2017

[Reply]
Fish 08:47 PM 05-16-2017
Ehhh. Not impressed with the trailer. I like MacFarlane's stuff. I like Star Trek. But this looks weird. Trailer didn't really do anything for me.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:24 PM 05-16-2017
still pissed at FOX over Arrested Development.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:21 AM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Looks pretty good to me. And I'm not much of a McFarlane fan.
I wouldn't have even known who he was had the trailer not displayed his name.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:47 AM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I actually think that this is why it'll work.

Galaxy Quest featured Tim Allen as a smug, asshole captain of a Starship and he was emoting Shatner, who was always smug and condescending as Captain/Admiral Kirk.

I'm really looking forward to it. It's got a big budget, great cast and a real opportunity to fill the massive void of a SciFi/Space Exploration program.
Yeah, I just feel like Tim Allen doesn't play smug prick but rather the likeable jackass role that Bill Murray seems to be born to play. Robert Downey Jr. also does that extremely well.

I don't know, but for whatever reason I get the feeling that guys like Allen, Murray, RDJ, etc... are guys that are playing characters that think they're better than the characters they're in a role with. MacFarlane, OTOH, gives off a vibe of an actor that thinks he's better than the audience he's deigning to cater to. Cumberbatch occasionally falls into that realm as well. He's a comedic version of Sean Penn, IMO.

I just have a visceral dislike of the guy anytime I see him on screen.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:47 AM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I wouldn't have even known who he was had the trailer not displayed his name.
3-4 episodes in, you'll hate the guy.

Not his character, but Seth MacFarlane himself.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:50 AM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
3-4 episodes in, you'll hate the guy.

Not his character, but Seth MacFarlane himself.
Then I guess I'll be rooting for Ms. Perkins to kick his ass every week. :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:04 AM 05-17-2017
I hope this series kicks ass.

Along with the reboot of Lost In Space for Netflix, high budget SciFi could make a very welcome comeback.
Me too...I think it'll be funnier for star trek type fans or this type of genre.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:12 AM 05-17-2017
I hope this series kicks ass.

Along with the reboot of Lost In Space for Netflix, high budget SciFi could make a very welcome comeback.
Didn't know that was coming. Cool

This looks pretty good. Really liked Galaxy Quest, hope Orville is at least as good or better.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:53 AM 05-17-2017
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Didn't know that was coming. Cool
Toby Stephens from Black Sails plays John Robinson but in a twist (of course, because everything has to have gender flipping these days), Parker Posey plays Dr. Smith.

Personally, I think she's a great choice because she plays the conniving, condescending bitch so well. From my understanding, this version will remain dark, like the original season and not be all "campy" like the following seasons of the 60's series.

So we won't see a dopey Dr. Smith and silly interactions with Will and the Robot.

Hopefully, it works.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:39 AM 09-07-2017
Sepinwall unimpressed

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/the-orvi...th-macfarlane/
[Reply]
rocknrolla 08:46 AM 09-07-2017
Toby Stephens from Black Sails plays John Robinson but in a twist (of course, because everything has to have gender flipping these days), Parker Posey plays Dr. Smith.

Personally, I think she's a great choice because she plays the conniving, condescending bitch so well. From my understanding, this version will remain dark, like the original season and not be all "campy" like the following seasons of the 60's series.

So we won't see a dopey Dr. Smith and silly interactions with Will and the Robot.

Hopefully, it works.
Parker Posey is great in almost everything she's done.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:57 AM 09-07-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Sepinwall unimpressed

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/the-orvi...th-macfarlane/
Sounds like Sepinwall just doesn't appreciate the lower brow forms of entertainment. Not everything can be Sopranos, you know.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 08:59 AM 09-07-2017
Parker Posey? Yummy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:31 PM 09-07-2017
It's getting hammered by reviewers.

First off, it's supposedly not a comedy, despite the first trailers. It's serious, with "Bro Humor" thrown in as an afterthought. It's basically a homage to Star Trek but it's also a homage to The Twilight Zone (?).

Every review I've read said that the VFX and sets are phenomenal but the show just doesn't know what it wasn't be and that it's very confusing.

We'll know soon enough.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:38 PM 09-07-2017
I feel disappoint lurking.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 22
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up