ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Media Center>FOX & MacFarlane's The Orville
Fire Me Boy! 06:46 AM 05-16-2017

[Reply]
patteeu 07:58 PM 10-27-2017
Alf, Third Rock from the Sun, the list goes on.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:13 PM 10-27-2017
I guess in my mind I didn't really categorize those as sci-fi comedies... more just sitcoms with alien characters.
[Reply]
unlurking 10:00 AM 10-28-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I guess in my mind I didn't really categorize those as sci-fi comedies... more just sitcoms with alien characters.
Which is totally what I expected from The Orville based on the trailers.
[Reply]
Miles 07:10 PM 10-28-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Lexx was hilarious.
Those first several movie like episodes I watched way back on cable (maybe Cinemax) before the sci-fi channel show were particularly great. At the time was so weird and amusing.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 12:40 AM 10-29-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Or how about a non-corny sci fi comedy...
[Reply]
Bowser 09:54 AM 10-29-2017
Tonight's was decent, even if it was another commentary on upvote/downvote culture. Black Mirror had that one new episode, and even Community did a similar thing with castes of society based on your social rating. The Orville put a really cool different spin on it. I liked it.
I did too, after I was done with it. While I was watching it I thought it was pushing the "super preachy" boundaries, but after it was over I felt it was more of a critique of today's society and how people get flamed for not falling into lock step with the popular opinion of the moment. Solid episode.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:24 AM 10-30-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I did too, after I was done with it. While I was watching it I thought it was pushing the "super preachy" boundaries, but after it was over I felt it was more of a critique of today's society and how people get flamed for not falling into lock step with the popular opinion of the moment. Solid episode.
I’ve chosen to “unplug” from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

I actually feel a tangible difference since doing so, as I’m no longer constantly bombarded with opinions that I didn’t request.

And yet CP has decided to go Upvote/Downvote.

Irony at its finest.
[Reply]
hometeam 02:16 PM 11-02-2017
Orville renewed
[Reply]
Frazod 02:52 PM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I’ve chosen to “unplug” from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

I actually feel a tangible difference since doing so, as I’m no longer constantly bombarded with opinions that I didn’t request.

And yet CP has decided to go Upvote/Downvote.

Irony at its finest.
Now that I'm unbanned I can contain the bulk of my political discussion to DC, and I tend to keep my Facebook stuff upbeat, happy and (mostly) non-offensive. I simply unfollow people who can't keep annoying shit to themselves, and hide anything I don't care to see, and generally refrain from venturing outside my little safe zone. There are probably less than a dozen people that I regularly interact with there.

Never did Instagram, and I fucking loathe Twitter.
[Reply]
007 10:21 PM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Now that I'm unbanned I can contain the bulk of my political discussion to DC, and I tend to keep my Facebook stuff upbeat, happy and (mostly) non-offensive. I simply unfollow people who can't keep annoying shit to themselves, and hide anything I don't care to see, and generally refrain from venturing outside my little safe zone. There are probably less than a dozen people that I regularly interact with there.

Never did Instagram, and I fucking loathe Twitter.
I feel like I know most of them too.
[Reply]
threebag 10:31 PM 11-02-2017
I kind of agree. To be honest, have we ever seen a legit sci-fi comedy show?

Red Dwarf. That's the only one I can think of. And of course, that's British, so depending on your tastes, you might not view that as comedy.
Red Drawf is/was Awesome.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:59 AM 11-03-2017
Now that The Orville has been officially renewed for Season 2, I need to catch up on the last few episodes.
[Reply]
notorious 12:02 PM 11-03-2017
Good enough to keep watching.

I am surprised.
[Reply]
unlurking 01:44 PM 11-03-2017
I loved the Dr's...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:54 PM 11-03-2017
Well, if last night’s episode *wasn’t* an episode of TNG...
[Reply]
Page 12 of 22
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up