ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 94
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:17 AM 03-10-2014
Would have loved to have seen Hannibal peeking down from the hole in the top of the Yellow King's throne room.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:22 AM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
the guy on the bed was his dad.

he called him dad in the first scene and the woman told marty "old" billy was in his house
Guess I had a hard time hearing.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:23 AM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Would have loved to have seen Hannibal peeking down from the hole in the top of the Yellow King's throne room.
Hello, I love your work.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 08:07 AM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It's curious that you mentioned Hannibal. I was thinking on my way in to the office this morning...this whole journey felt like Will Graham vs. Francis Dolarhyde a la Manhunter (not that POS Red Dragon).
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 08:09 AM 03-10-2014
http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/03/10/tr...-happy-ending/

Well written review of last night's episode and the series in general.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:19 AM 03-10-2014
Loved it. Fantastic show.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:34 AM 03-10-2014

[Reply]
keg in kc 08:45 AM 03-10-2014
Maybe it was just the mood I was in last night, but I was underwhelmed.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 09:15 AM 03-10-2014
true detective had a lot of layers on display last night. Glen Fleshler did a great job portraying the killer. He kept affecting his voice in different ways. I think that was to show that Errol Childress had Dissociative Identity Disorder.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:29 AM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Maybe it was just the mood I was in last night, but I was underwhelmed.
I thought the actual content was excellent. That being said, I'm sort of disappointed with the overall conclusion. I guess after all the wild speculation and potential for where things COULD do, the storyline ended up being a little too neat and straightforward for my tastes. The writer warned us that was likely going to be the case, but I guess I was hoping for some mind=blown shit.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 10:03 AM 03-10-2014
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
true detective had a lot of layers on display last night. Glen Fleshler did a great job portraying the killer. He kept affecting his voice in different ways. I think that was to show that Errol Childress had Dissociative Identity Disorder.
I loved that too.

Originally Posted by NewChief:
I thought the actual content was excellent. That being said, I'm sort of disappointed with the overall conclusion. I guess after all the wild speculation and potential for where things COULD do, the storyline ended up being a little too neat and straightforward for my tastes. The writer warned us that was likely going to be the case, but I guess I was hoping for some mind=blown shit.
Same. The ending was cathartic enough, but it left me wanting the whole Tuttle family to go down. Tie in the daughter etc.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:56 AM 03-10-2014
Yeah, I think that's basically how it was for me. Too obvious a bad guy, too clean a resolution that at the same time left too many threads unresolved. As was the case for the rest of the series the leads did a great job, but I just didn't find the episode all that satisfying. Why bother to introduce all the interesting shit the first 5 or 6 weeks, just to have it fizzle into Hart and Cohle stop wackjob sister-****ing pedophile at the end.

Still, taken as a whole, likely in the running with GoT for the best thing we'll see on TV this year, and you can probably go ahead and hand McConaughey his emmy now.
[Reply]
underEJ 12:04 PM 03-10-2014
I thought it was fantastic. I didn't even mind the flimsy he had green ears therefore he must have painted a green house connection because I believe Marty learned to trust his instincts and make that kind of leap. And Rust learned to trust Marty with his darkness because he finally acknowledged his own light. You don't pick your partner, but in the end, you do pick your friends.

The mystery was secondary and certainly came to a solid end with a formidable evil that was stopped, and a larger darkness that has a pretty serious dent in it. There is a witness left in Betty who the current detectives say is only speaking gibberish, but she can speak and very well may some day. She knows her own story and she can retell Errol Childress' stories as well that he told her. The road to the Tuttles is there for the taking if the detectives want to run with it, or one of the news outlets that received the full case and tape can.

Finally, I think it was great that they never revealed what made everyone scream while watching the tape. He said there was no faces revealed, so if there is identifying information, it is personal to each viewer. We can choose to interpret that any way we want, same with the daughter's involvement which I think must be real due to the spiral drawing in particular, but I'm okay with not knowing.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:13 PM 03-10-2014
Maybe it's because I didn't really go that deep into all the mystery/easter egg stuff like many others seemingly did, but I had absolutely no problem with a straightforward conclusion there. I think there may have been more interesting ways to go with it (some of the theories brought forward were quite intriguing), but this show was never really about that. It was always only a narrative structure in the character study of Cohle and Hart.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:13 PM 03-10-2014
and the mask rust had to take off was the one he used to shield himself from the world after the death of his daughter. the one that made him so pessimistic and basically ready to die.

the light winning line showed the viewers he had taken it off
[Reply]
Page 37 of 94
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Up