ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>TTB does Derek and the Dominos Layla Album Live
srvy 06:52 PM 08-31-2019
This gem I found on my youtube feed this morning. Its wonderful with Trey Anastasio and Doyle Bramhall II sitting in to. I swear Duane Allman's soul is living in Derek Trucks body please please release this on vinyl or cd.

[Reply]
Munson 07:42 PM 08-31-2019
Layla starts at 1:27:40.

And at 1:32:45, Derek Trucks plays some great slide guitar for the 2nd half of the song.
[Reply]
srvy 09:13 PM 09-02-2019
Wow guess not many fans of the Album Layla and other assorted love songs. This is a pretty damn fine recreation of one of the greatest albums ever recorded. Also Layla isnt even close to being the best song on this album.
[Reply]
TipRoast 06:15 PM 09-03-2019
That's a great find. Thanks for sharing it.

And while Layla is a great song, my favorite song on the album is Keep on Growing. TTB with their guest stars does a worthy job on it, but the original version, especially the last two minutes, never gets old for me.

[Reply]
srvy 06:26 PM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by TipRoast:
That's a great find. Thanks for sharing it.

And while Layla is a great song, my favorite song on the album is Keep on Growing. TTB with their guest stars does a worthy job on it, but the original version, especially the last two minutes, never gets old for me.

Yep good one but for me Anyday is my favorite on that album.
[Reply]
TipRoast 07:08 PM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yep good one but for me Anyday is my favorite on that album.
Terrific song.

And on any other album, "Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad" would be the best song.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:37 AM 09-04-2019
Bell Bottom Blues...Got to Get Better in a Little While...Key To the Highway...Have You Ever Loved A Woman

I recently came across a live D&tD show from the Fillmore East, October 1970...been spinning that thing quite frequently as of late.
[Reply]
Up