ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Raiders/Chargers could both make the playoffs...
BlackOp 10:19 PM 10-27-2020
The Steelers/Ravens are almost a 100% lock for the 5th seed...Cleveland and Indy have the remaining two right now.

Miami, Raiders, NE and Chargers...are behind them.

Indy has Ravens, Steelers, Packers and Titans twice..and a H2H with Vegas.

They have a one game lead...two on LA.

Cleveland has a H2H with Vegas this week...tempted to bet on that one. Raiders almost HAVE to win this game to ensure a post-season birth...its an important one.

Chargers look like a potential top seven team with Herbert...and have a pretty easy schedule...Bills, KC and Vegas x2.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:58 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Remember though, 7 teams this time.
7 teams in the AFC have 5 wins or better and there's 2 more teams that are 3-3.

A 2-win team like the Chargers is still a long-shot at this point.
[Reply]
backinblack 05:59 AM 10-28-2020
I'm curious about Miami actually, if they can keep Tua healthy they might sneak a playoff spot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:02 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I never underestimate the Chargers ability to blow a game they should win...I think they hold the record in one score losses. It's an art-form with them...or the football god's pissing on Spanos.
If you think they're going to blow games they should win, how are they going to make the playoffs? By upsetting teams they shouldn't?

I thought Herbert looked great against KC...and he has continued that. If they ever stay healthy...they are going to be KC's main AFCW rival going forward.
In each of his first 3 starts, he threw terrible INT's that led directly to his team losing. He improved that in the last 2 weeks but they also played the Saints and Jags, two of the worst scoring defenses in the league (Jacksonville's defense is just awful all the way around).
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:16 AM 10-28-2020
Raiders will secure the #1 seed /David Carr
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:22 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Raiders will secure the #1 seed /David Carr

[Reply]
Spott 06:57 AM 10-28-2020
Clete Blakeman heading a critical game for the Pats...yikes. I'll being paying attention to how this was officiated...

He did the KC/Rams, KC/NE AFCCG, NE/Jags AFCCG and the last Vegas game...all four were atrocious and officiating played a huge part in the outcome.
Is there any way to tell all the games he’s officiated the last couple of years?
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:03 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Is there any way to tell all the games he’s officiated the last couple of years?
Yep. All the way back to 1999 actually.

His overall body of work refutes the idea that he's in the bag for any kind of agenda.

He's actually below the NFL average in penalties. Where he stands out is that he favors visiting teams much more than his peers.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/BlakCl0r.htm
[Reply]
Spott 07:16 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep. All the way back to 1999 actually.

His overall body of work refutes the idea that he's in the bag for any kind of agenda.

He's actually below the NFL average in penalties. Where he stands out is that he favors visiting teams much more than his peers.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/BlakCl0r.htm
Thanks. Didn’t realize that referee info was kept on there. I guess the tricky part would be to see how many of his penalties occurred on big plays or third down conversions. I doubt any of us have the kind of time to look that up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:26 AM 10-28-2020
Not to pick on BlackOp (I actually like the dude and he has many good football takes) but one of his big themes was about the opening of So-Fi Stadium and generating excitement for the Rams and Chargers.

It opened this year. The project was announced in January, 2016.

Since that announcement, Blakeman has done 6 Charger games and the Chargers are 4-2 in those games. He's done 5 Rams games and the Rams are 3-2.

There's not really a clear bias towards the LA teams.

However, consider this. 5 of the 7 combined wins in those 11 games? On the road.
[Reply]
wazu 07:37 AM 10-28-2020
Does anybody even care about their new stadiums? Neither are accessible to fans. They are just gigantic, empty, caverns. Depressing as hell. I would think the NFL would do better to shine a light on stadiums with actual human beings in the stands rather than cardboard cut-outs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:44 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Does anybody even care about their new stadiums? Neither are accessible to fans. They are just gigantic, empty, caverns. Depressing as hell. I would think the NFL would do better to shine a light on stadiums with actual human beings in the stands rather than cardboard cut-outs.
They absolutely cared about it prior to February of last year. I don't think you can take this whole COVID thing and consider it BAU.
[Reply]
wazu 07:57 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They absolutely cared about it prior to February of last year. I don't think you can take this whole COVID thing and consider it BAU.
Before I learned they wouldn't have fans, I was kind of looking forward to seeing SoFi stadium. It seems like a pretty marvelous venue. I hope it succeeds, at least for the Rams. But every time they show it now it's just blah. Who cares? Might as well play at a high school field. Also, no idea what BAU means or stands for.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:07 AM 10-28-2020
This shit is insane.
[Reply]
O.city 08:09 AM 10-28-2020
Their problem is the browns have such a lead and a fairly easy schedule

Cleveland probably gets to 9/10 wins. Indy plays the shit birds of the south so they’ll win too
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:11 AM 10-28-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Before I learned they wouldn't have fans, I was kind of looking forward to seeing SoFi stadium. It seems like a pretty marvelous venue. I hope it succeeds, at least for the Rams. But every time they show it now it's just blah. Who cares? Might as well play at a high school field. Also, no idea what BAU means or stands for.
Business As Usual. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up