ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stephon Gilmore on the trade block
Sassy Squatch 08:59 AM 10-27-2020

#Patriots have talked about trading 2019 Defensive player of the year, CB Stephon Gilmore, per @AlbertBreer

They were in contact and had conversations with teams about trading him in August - Could be a trade target again with Pats going through a losing season without Tom Brady pic.twitter.com/I9SIYJexzP

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) October 27, 2020

[Reply]
BWillie 09:33 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Not for a first. No thanks.
For our first? Yeah. It's going to be pick #32.

If I'm a shitty team, I probably don't do it because I'd use that pick on a real QB 1 thru 10.

I still wouldn't do it though, I Like our corners.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:37 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Why? The Chiefs are 5th in pass defense and other than in the Raiders game, the secondary has played well.
Because its adds depth this year but more importantly provides us with a #1 CB to replace Breeland next year.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:37 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Since we all know that PFF is the be-all, end-all, I'd like to point out that they are not grading Gilmore well at all this year. Current 2020 grade is 61.0. (For comparison Fenton is at 70.6 and Ward is at 58.6.)
I am no longer of a belief that PFF knows what they are talking about. They thought Steven Nelson was an elite corner. They graded Mahomes badly in some scenarios when it doesn't make sense.

They don't interpret the nuance in the game of football. For example, yesterday Nick Foles threw 2 ints. Did they matter? Not not at all. Did he play well? Absolutely not. But his 2 ints were a result of him trying to play uber aggressive to get his team back in the game at the very end of the 3rd qtr and 4th qtr. PFF would grade him poorly. Would you have preferred him to throw screens and throw it away like Derek Carr? Of course not. Similarly when a LB is in a bad position to stop the run and they "let up" a huge gain they don't know the LB's responsibilities. Were they spying the QB? Were they playing covg? etc
[Reply]
staylor26 09:38 AM 10-27-2020
Trading a 1st for a year and a half rental?

When we have Sneed coming back soon?

When Spags has proven to be able to get cheap corners to play very well?

No fucking thanks.
[Reply]
wazu 09:40 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I am no longer of a belief that PFF knows what they are talking about. They thought Steven Nelson was an elite corner. They graded Mahomes badly in some scenarios when it doesn't make sense.

They don't interpret the nuance in the game of football. For example, yesterday Nick Foles threw 2 ints. Did they matter? Not not at all. Did he play well? Absolutely not. But his 2 ints were a result of him trying to play uber aggressive to get his team back in the game at the very end of the 3rd qtr and 4th qtr. PFF would grade him poorly. Would you have preferred him to throw screens and throw it away like Derek Carr? Of course not. Similarly when a LB is in a bad position to stop the run and they "let up" a huge gain they don't know the LB's responsibilities. Were they spying the QB? Were they playing covg? etc
It's one data point. Another data point is the Patriots are ready to cut bait. Another data point is he's now on the wrong side of 30. Absolutely hell to the no on sending a first round pick for this guy.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:43 AM 10-27-2020
No thanks

Our days of signing super expensive players is done for a couple years probably, guys. It’s the cost of keeping the dudes we have.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:53 AM 10-27-2020
I'm all for making a move to bolster the defense, but CB surprisingly isn't one I'd make. DE or maybe even a DT, sure.
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 10-27-2020
If I'm trading our first, it's for someone like Quinnen Williams.

You can't get that type of talent in the late thirties so it makes sense.
[Reply]
Jerok 09:58 AM 10-27-2020
If I were Pittsburgh I would but NE doesn't exactly seem like they'd trade to Pittsburgh...
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:59 AM 10-27-2020
Maybe Gilmore can get himself cut from the team so we can sign him for the minimum
[Reply]
Shoes 10:08 AM 10-27-2020
One of those players that I don't see a fit for on our team but I 100% don't want him bolstering a team that we might play in the playoffs.

Hope he goes to the NFC if traded.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:13 AM 10-27-2020
Something to write about. Gilmore will be a Pat after the trade deadline.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:16 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Because its adds depth this year but more importantly provides us with a #1 CB to replace Breeland next year.
Once Snead comes back well be 4 deep at that position. We also have no cap. Get real man..
[Reply]
O.city 10:17 AM 10-27-2020
Wouldn't be opposed to sniffing around the TE market. Some decent guys on the block I'd guess.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:19 AM 10-27-2020
Zero chance NE trades a reigning DPOY to the Super Bowl Champion Kansas City Chiefs.

Also, it's gotta be trap.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up