ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Suicide
TLO 02:08 PM 10-26-2020
I found out today that a good friend of mine from high school committed suicide last night. This has never happened to someone I knew closely.

I'm not sure how to process the emotions I'm feeling.
[Reply]
notorious 08:14 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Man I don't think I can watch this but I will sometime but even though I've attempted myself the worse was when I found my daughter unconcious and I called 911 but I knew something was up with her from her behavior and I had the cops come over to talk to her and was hoping they would take her but she told them she didn't have a plan but the plan was she already overdosed. The hospital saved her life but if I wasn't there to make the call. i don't want to think about it.

Prayers for you man.
How is she doing?
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:18 PM 10-26-2020
Hey jallmon and Coochie I'm so incredibly sorry to hear about your kids. There aren't words. I have a daughter who attempted with pills and was on a vent for 3 days. She was overwhelmed by life at the time and made a rash decision. Seeing her in that condition was indescribable. You guys are brave and are to be commeneded for keeping on for the others in your lives.

There are anti-natalists who won't bring a child into the world for fear of them experiencing this kind of suffering. They aren't crazy or depressed, but have weighed the pros and risks and made for them what is a rational choice. Personally, I can find exhilaration simply by drawing my next breath, but I sympathize with their position. We are all products of our brain chemistry and environment after all, none of which we chose. No judgment.

TLO, condolences and thanks for posting. Hang in brother.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:28 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Prayers to you too my brother!!
Thank you and GOD SPEED brother

Originally Posted by notorious:
How is she doing?

Man I couldn't be more happy with her actually both my daughters are doing great and my son too. My other daughter the oldest has been clean for like 6 years off of meth probably worst thing to get hooked on but by the grace of God she has really pulled herself together and my daughter is also doing well working and living her life. She was in an abusive relationship i still want to kill the guy if I ever find him but at the time she needed me out of jail so I could father her know what I mean? But because of him she tried to end her life and I still want to kill him but I don't want my kids visiting me in jail.

She went through the worst ordeal imaginable with him I can go into rage thinking about him hurting my daughter :-) That's why it was so hard for me to accept Tyreek Hill for the longest time but now I believe he is a good guy and dad.

This thread is getting emotional for me I'll check back later
[Reply]
notorious 08:35 PM 10-26-2020

Man I couldn't be more happy with her actually both my daughters are doing great and my son too. My other daughter the oldest has been clean for like 6 years off of meth probably worst thing to get hooked on but by the grace of God she has really pulled herself together and my daughter is also doing well working and living her life.
That's wonderful news!
[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:42 PM 10-26-2020
I had a former employee of mine commit suicide 14 years after he quit working for me and it hit me really hard. I wish to this day that he would have called me so I could have talked him out of it.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:54 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
That's wonderful news!
I can really brag about my daughters for what they've been through and pulled themselves out of not everyone survives but thankfully they are an inspiration to others and are willing to talk to anyone what they've been through. They are my inspiration. My son too but he hasn't gone through those things Thank God but I don't want him making mistakes I've made in life but so far so good with him. I appreciate the support I've had over the years on Chiefs Planet I think i've talked about some things like when I got custody of my daughter in 2009 this place is such a supportive family when it pertains to real life issues we all go through. Chiefs Planet may have saved my life as well when I'm struggling with those thoughts that don't go away and I get suicide ideology I've had that diagnosed before. So it's something I live with but i've had scary moments even this year but threads like this put things in perspective for my loved ones I don't want them missing me like TLO misses his friend. Not easy to live dying maybe easy way out but sometimes the pain is so unbearable that we think it's the only solution.
[Reply]
notorious 09:06 PM 10-26-2020
Keep your chin up, Ras.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:08 PM 10-26-2020
Every one tells people to talk if you think about suicide nut then it is 2 weeks in thr psyche ward with a 24 grand debt. Now you are depressed and in debt
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:31 PM 10-26-2020
Thank you and GOD SPEED brother

Man I couldn't be more happy with her actually both my daughters are doing great and my son too. My other daughter the oldest has been clean for like 6 years off of meth probably worst thing to get hooked on but by the grace of God she has really pulled herself together and my daughter is also doing well working and living her life. She was in an abusive relationship i still want to kill the guy if I ever find him but at the time she needed me out of jail so I could father her know what I mean? But because of him she tried to end her life and I still want to kill him but I don't want my kids visiting me in jail.

She went through the worst ordeal imaginable with him I can go into rage thinking about him hurting my daughter :-) That's why it was so hard for me to accept Tyreek Hill for the longest time but now I believe he is a good guy and dad.

This thread is getting emotional for me I'll check back later
That's awesome, man.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 09:36 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Every one tells people to talk if you think about suicide nut then it is 2 weeks in thr psyche ward with a 24 grand debt. Now you are depressed and in debt
How intrusive are they allowed? No one has never thought about it and some point.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:37 PM 10-26-2020
Sorry to all you guys affected by suicide.

This thread makes my heart hurt.

My mind is the only part of my shit body that hasn't failed me. I can't imagine what that would be like.

Brohugs :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:00 PM 10-26-2020

yeah that's one of my triggers is after back surgery they came after me wanting to garnish my checks and it's like Holy FUCK do you just want to reposes my back and reverse the surgery?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:03 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
How intrusive are they allowed? No one has never thought about it and some point.
I got taken by an ambulance but my blood pressure was through the roof and I was a danger to myself and others. If you have a plan and the means to kill yourself I think they can grab you. All I know is I am sick and tired of talking about suicide prevention then when you talk about it you get people saying "Cheer up bucko!" The reality is that depression is terrible and people are going to kill themselves. It doesn't get better for anyone. Even today it was awful for me and I struggle to put on a happy face. If I don't put on a happy face people think I am not doing good and I may be taken back to the psyche ward. It has taken years and thousands of dollars and going through med changes after med changes to get me to the point I don't think about killing myself daily. Also what chaps my ass is when people say "DON'T TALK ABOUT SUICIDE TO YOUR MOM OR DAD IT SCARES THEM!" I mean I am the one in so much pain I want to kill myself sorry if it scares people it should scare them.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:24 AM 10-27-2020
I got taken by an ambulance but my blood pressure was through the roof and I was a danger to myself and others. If you have a plan and the means to kill yourself I think they can grab you. All I know is I am sick and tired of talking about suicide prevention then when you talk about it you get people saying "Cheer up bucko!" The reality is that depression is terrible and people are going to kill themselves. It doesn't get better for anyone. Even today it was awful for me and I struggle to put on a happy face. If I don't put on a happy face people think I am not doing good and I may be taken back to the psyche ward. It has taken years and thousands of dollars and going through med changes after med changes to get me to the point I don't think about killing myself daily. Also what chaps my ass is when people say "DON'T TALK ABOUT SUICIDE TO YOUR MOM OR DAD IT SCARES THEM!" I mean I am the one in so much pain I want to kill myself sorry if it scares people it should scare them.

Antidepressants to keep you from killing yourself side affect "may cause suicide" . Irony at it's finest.

I'm pretty much in the same boat you are in i think. I didn't want to go because I knew it be a giant bill for me to pay. I wanted to jump out of the car the girl that was taking me was part of the reason I was having issues and she was lecturing me on the way there. I opened the door I don't know if i was going to jump but it shut her up.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:57 AM 10-27-2020
Antidepressants to keep you from killing yourself side affect "may cause suicide" . Irony at it's finest.

I'm pretty much in the same boat you are in i think. I didn't want to go because I knew it be a giant bill for me to pay. I wanted to jump out of the car the girl that was taking me was part of the reason I was having issues and she was lecturing me on the way there. I opened the door I don't know if i was going to jump but it shut her up.
I'm not too sure how I feel about the effectiveness of SSRIs. They are giving people medicine to help produce a chemical in your brain that they

1. Don't even know how much Serotonin is in your brain

2. Dont know how much Serotonin should even be there

So little is known about the human brain and why some people get depressed and some people don't. Hell there are people that have absolutely nothing and aren't depressed even slightly and then you have people like Robin Williams, who is beloved by millions and has all he could ever ask for, but he suffered for so long and finally ended his life.

We know that depression is something that can effect literally anybody, but we dont know why. I'm so sick of hearing how depression needs to be taken more seriously, but there doesn't seem to be much action taking place.

Could you imagine if we'd pour the amount of resources that have been given to stop Covid-19 into studying depression?

I will admit my knowledge is very basic when it comes to what has been done to research depression, but it seems like to me that until just very recently that most people thought that SSRIs were enough to treat depression, so it's been tossed on the back burner. Someone correct me if I'm wrong and I welcome any knowledge you may have.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up