ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Man versus mouse. I seek your alliance in this war.
Rain Man 06:24 PM 10-25-2020
My dining room has a little sitting area, and I was sitting there the other night in a big comfy upholstered chair. The light was off in the main part of the dining room, and suddenly out of the corner of my eye I saw a dark flash run by on the floor. It was either a mouse or a spider that was so large and fast that I'd have to move and burn the house down.

I went into full wartime mode and tried to hunt it down, but it disappeared. My concern was that when I saw it, it was headed directly for a large floor vent and that's the only place it could have gone.

I told the wife, but there was little we could do without knowing what type of Predator had invaded our world.

Well, tonight the wife was sitting in a different chair in the sitting area, and suddenly a mouse flashed by on the floor. She sounded the alarm and we went into high alert. She said that it had run underneath the large comfy upholstered chair. I got my bazooka and a bayonet and looked under the chair and once again the mouse was nowhere to be found.

She had been watching the whole time and said that it didn't come out from under the chair, so with great trepidation I drew a conclusion. If it didn't leave and it's not under the chair, then...

I flipped the chair on its side, and sure enough there were three holes that were chewed into the bottom of the lining.

It's in the chair! The call is coming from the chair!

We immediately dragged the chair out onto the back porch, despite the fact that it's an expensive chair and it's snowing and Von Miller lives in our city.

So what do I do now? We've got a mouse living in our chair, and we can't guarantee that it's one mouse. It's possible that there's a different mouse living in the ductwork and we can't guarantee that it's one mouse. But then again, all of this could just be one mouse. It's been warm and just got cold, so it's possible that an outside mouse somehow got in temporarily.

How do you get mice out of a house, and how do you get mice out of a chair? This is not the type of chair that you just throw away. This chair is the chair of royalty. I've called an exterminator, but is there anything else I can do?

The thing that worries me is that I saw a mouse last year in our kitchen. We bought a bunch of traps and put them out, but never caught anything. However, we never saw any mice other than the one time. But now I'm wondering if the mouse/mice has been in our house the whole time, watching us and waiting for its chance to attack.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:58 PM 10-25-2020
I’ve seen people using more humane methods of catch and release with a 5 gallon bucket with a ramp on each end and a tube across the top that rotates when they walk on it and drops them in. You just have to ask them politely to not come back and threaten them with water in the bucket the next time.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:59 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The play is a snap trap between 2 stickies. In college I had this ****head mouse eating the peanut butter off my snap trap. Couldn’t get him with a sticky either. Got a couple stickies put them on either side of the snap trap they drug the sticky into the snap trap and it was lights out.

The key is diversity in weaponry.

You may have one that can get around a certain kind of trap but not all.

Get one of everything and put them everywhere.

I'm leaning toward a sticky cat.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:10 PM 10-25-2020
Prolly Q, but ask George to move in, with his cats, for two weeks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:14 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
I don't believe this. My mom has had multiple cats for over a decade now and she still gets mice.
We have cats in the house.

We literally had dozens of mice. Under the bathtubs, in the walls, especially in the attic. After the first 2 cats, haven't seen so much as a carcass, let alone a live one in 10 years.
[Reply]
Pointer19 11:15 PM 10-25-2020
Maybe I don't want to own a home after all.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:34 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
Maybe I don't want to own a home after all.
Piss on all that. Worst problems I had with mice were in shitty rentals. In fact haven’t seen a mouse since purchasing. *knock on wood*

It should also be noted that Rains house is a million years old. Probably lots of places for them to get in. Not throwing stones. I’m sure it’s better than mine but it is old.
[Reply]
Pointer19 11:58 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Piss on all that. Worst problems I had with mice were in shitty rentals. In fact haven’t seen a mouse since purchasing. *knock on wood*

It should also be noted that Rains house is a million years old. Probably lots of places for them to get in. Not throwing stones. I’m sure it’s better than mine but it is old.
True that.
[Reply]
vonBobo 12:48 AM 10-26-2020
Haven't read the entire thread...

Don't use poison, an inflicted mouse can kill a pet or wildlife.

I had success with the standard mouse traps. They will lick peanut butter and not set off the trap. The trick that worked for me was hot gluing a piece of dry dog treat onto the bait bucket, then putting a drop of peanut butter on that. Boom... Within 12 hours 2 mice were dead.
Their tiny heads impaled on toothpicks and staked in my front yard has kept the rest away.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:39 AM 10-26-2020
Has any one mentioned just burning down the house? If not, I'd suggest that. You sure have 178.6 mice living under your porch at this point.
[Reply]
Holladay 03:44 AM 10-26-2020
In college I rented a house. The mice had track races up and down the drapes. I went to piss and one ran out from behind the toilet. Naturally, I hosed the bathroom. I set up traps around the place with peanut butter. For a week, I would hear a "SNAP", and giggled as I went into the other room. I was a killer.

Set up traps around outside walls, they don't run in open space. Put on your hunter hat. As to your chair, put it next to a wall and put a trap next to the wall with peanut butter. Guarantee, within a week, it is dead. Relish in the "THWACK". I just got one last week.

Sidebar, my daughter, growing up, didn't like peanut butter because it was "mouse food".
[Reply]
Holladay 03:51 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by :
more humane methods
Screw that!

I had a chicken coop. It had mice. I saw a mouse and dropped in a cat. Cat did nothing. I dropped in male tabby, it went all Matrix, literally ran on the walls and got the mouse within 30 seconds.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:16 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Has any one mentioned just burning down the house? If not, I'd suggest that. You sure have 178.6 mice living under your porch at this point.
Someone did actually
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:05 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Someone did actually
Whew, that's good. I'm was worried.

But just to be sure I think that we should suggest that fire might be a good option. At the very least it would move the mice over to the neighbors.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:13 AM 10-26-2020
Now it's time to say goodbye.................. ->http://youtu.be/7W83kFfKnC4
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:39 AM 10-26-2020
Monsieur Rainman: Hoping it's not any of the dreaded Mouseketeers. They're horny little buggers, always looking to multiple.

[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up