ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs have a COVID case. Jordan Ta'amu
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:56 AM 10-03-2020

It’s not just New England: #Chiefs practice squad QB Jordan Ta'amu has tested positive for COVID-19 and is being added to the reserve list, per me and @MikeGarafolo.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 3, 2020

[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 01:35 PM 10-03-2020
Jordan Ta'amu took the job of emulating Cam Newton on the scout team a little too literally this week apparently.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:37 PM 10-03-2020
Method AF
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:44 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Here's a paper from a few days ago that sums things up nicely.

Low risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission by fomites in real-life conditions

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...678-2/fulltext
"Cleaning procedures were standard. A number of objects and surfaces were swabbed. Remarkably, only the continuous positive airway pressure helmet of one patient was positive for SARS-CoV-2 RNA. More importantly, attempts to culture the positive swabs on Vero E6 cells were unsuccessful,5 suggesting that patient fomites and surfaces are not contaminated with viable virus. Our findings suggest that environmental contamination leading to SARS-CoV-2 transmission is unlikely to occur in real-life conditions, provided that standard cleaning procedures and precautions are enforced. These data would support Goldman's point that the chance of transmission through inanimate surfaces is less frequent than hitherto recognised."

This is from TLOs link.

This doesn't mean that you can't get it from touching things that are infected. All this study is saying is that if you are somewhere that has been following standard cleaning procedures that you won't catch COVID from touching an inanimate object.

I'm unsure why they even did this study this way. They should have tested objects that they know were not cleaned previously. More than likely all of these swabs were taken from areas that were cleaned prior to being swabbed.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:47 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by njchiefs:
A condom with a hole in it “can” result in the transmission of an STD. Take your chances? When did you ever see a warning that say “will”? This is so stupid.
That is what I was trying to say.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:33 PM 10-03-2020
How long has this guy been on the practice squad?
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:39 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
How long has this guy been on the practice squad?
All year.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:41 PM 10-03-2020
Gotcha heard some bad info. Less than ideal
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:50 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Anyone know if Ta'amu is in all the same meetings as Mahomes and Henne?
I wasn't too worried until NFL Network people mentioned that "Ta'amu is in the same meeting room with Mahomes all week and is practicing with him." I hope Ta'amu is okay, but if he gives Mahomes a bad case of the 'vid he'll enter the same hall of Chiefs infamy as Lin Elliott and Dee Ford and Kendrick Lewis.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:27 PM 10-03-2020
Chiefs better be meeting in big rooms with high ceilings and really good ventilation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I wasn't too worried until NFL Network people mentioned that "Ta'amu is in the same meeting room with Mahomes all week and is practicing with him." I hope Ta'amu is okay, but if he gives Mahomes a bad case of the 'vid he'll enter the same hall of Chiefs infamy as Lin Elliott and Dee Ford and Kendrick Lewis.
They are already doing contract tracing and they said Mahomes wasn't in contact with him.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:32 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Chiefs better be meeting in big rooms with high ceilings and really good ventilation.
The Chiefs seem to be one of the more “put together” organizations in the league right now.

I would be SHOCKED if they weren’t going above and beyond the League’s requirements.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:17 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They are already doing contract tracing and they said Mahomes wasn't in contact with him.
I should have expected that. He's got great awareness and ability to evade stuff.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:23 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I worry more about him giving it to Coach Reid in particular. He's in the vulnerable group for this virus.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:34 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

This shit won’t affect Patrick at all...it’s Andy I’m worried about.
[Reply]
tk13 11:42 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
This shit won’t affect Patrick at all...it’s Andy I’m worried about.
100%. I'm surprised some fans you see online are being so cavalier about it. We've waited our whole lives for a team and coaching staff like this. We need to protect Reid at all costs.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up