ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs have a COVID case. Jordan Ta'amu
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:56 AM 10-03-2020

It’s not just New England: #Chiefs practice squad QB Jordan Ta'amu has tested positive for COVID-19 and is being added to the reserve list, per me and @MikeGarafolo.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 3, 2020

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:45 AM 10-03-2020
Athletic just told me the game is postponed.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:55 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Washing your hands makes almost no difference for Covid. Its almost solely spread by droplets. How about stop standing right next to ppl outside your unit on the sidelines? Do only zoom or properly spaced meetings. Much more important than washing your hands.
I agree, but NFL facilities aren’t sized for 6 feet between people. Then you have the whole huddle, tacking, thing. It is actually easier to prevent it from coming in to the team than it is to stop it from spreading once you have an infected person.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 11:00 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
No game tomorrow. Now have to look at next week. Season may be on the brink.

Maybe I’m being a drama queen but I feel like the season is in the balance.
Mlb made it through with on the fly schedule adjustments, nfl will push through too but I think fantasy football is kinda screwed.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:24 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I agree, but NFL facilities aren’t sized for 6 feet between people. Then you have the whole huddle, tacking, thing. It is actually easier to prevent it from coming in to the team than it is to stop it from spreading once you have an infected person.
The chiefs have set up their facilities to accommodate social distancing
[Reply]
jjjayb 11:35 AM 10-03-2020
Washing your hands makes almost no difference for Covid. Its almost solely spread by droplets. How about stop standing right next to ppl outside your unit on the sidelines? Do only zoom or properly spaced meetings. Much more important than washing your hands.
So completely wrong. Those droplets land on surfaces people touch.It's mostly spread by touching things that have covid and touching your face, mouth, nose area. It's a lot less likely to get it directly through the air.

Ever notice you don't ever see doctors wearing masks when you go in for a visit but you do see them frequently washing their hands?
[Reply]
JakeF 11:39 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I’m glad the NFL scheduled a full 16 game season with very little room to make up games.

Tards
Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft insisted that Covids is fake news and nothing more than the flu. Why should the NFL worry?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:40 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
So completely wrong. Those droplets land on surfaces people touch.It's mostly spread by touching things that have covid and touching your face, mouth, nose area. It's a lot less likely to get it directly through the air.

Ever notice you don't ever see doctors wearing masks when you go in for a visit but you do see them frequently washing their hands?
:-)

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:44 AM 10-03-2020

I don't know what doctors you see, but the doctors I know wear n95s at work.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:52 AM 10-03-2020

I didn't realize it was still June
[Reply]
JakeF 11:52 AM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I don't know what doctors you see, but the doctors I know wear n95s at work.
Every Doctor/Nurse that i've seen since COVIDS started has been wearing a mask. COVID is transmittable through the air. This has been know since january, that's why masks are so important. That's also why it was borderline criminal that a certain orange buffoon told people that masks were unneccessary even though he already had read a report that it was airborne.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:57 AM 10-03-2020
Anyone know if Ta'amu is in all the same meetings as Mahomes and Henne?
[Reply]
Bowser 12:01 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Anyone know if Ta'amu is in all the same meetings as Mahomes and Henne?
I don't know for sure, but I can't imagine why he wouldn't be.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:03 PM 10-03-2020

Nope. Link me evidence and studies of large transfer from fomite or touch transmission. It doesn't exist. You CAN get it from touch but its extremely unlikely ESPECIALLY in real life scenarios. Someone with Covid can even cough directly on your food and you can EAT it and still unlikely to get it. Its a respiratory driven virus.

There was a study in South Korea about a huge outbreak at an apartment facility and it was found that while there were hundreds of cases, none of them came from fomite transmission.

Here is some info Ive dug up in a very quick perusing

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...678-2/fulltext
https://www.ncbi.:-).nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7333993/

And the reason doctors wear gloves is there are many infectious diseases that are spread primarily from fomite transmission. But Covid 19 is not one of them. That is why social distancing and wearing masks are so important because of HOW the virus infects ppl.
[Reply]
chefsos 12:08 PM 10-03-2020
Originally Posted by excessive:
Not actually. NFL is under no time constraints. Super Bowl can be in March.
This is how I'm thinking. Hell, the NBA Finals are going on when they'd normally be starting the 20-21 season.
[Reply]
njchiefs 12:08 PM 10-03-2020
Why would you spread disinformation like this. This is directly from the CDC summary on how COVID-19 is spread:

“Respiratory droplets can land on hands, objects or surfaces around the person when they cough or talk, and people can then become infected with COVID-19 from touching hands, objects or surfaces with droplets and then touching their eyes, nose, or mouth.”
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up