ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1665 of 2690
« First < 665116515651615165516611662166316641665 166616671668166916751715176521652665 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:00 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
His endorsements already dwarf his salary.
Well, I guess he's on a bargain salary at the moment relative to his value.

What do you think he's making on endorsements? I don't know that world.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:02 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The problem is Dak. He’s about to get $38-40m per year from the Cowboys. Mahomes’ agent is not going to allow him to take a big discount compared to that. The only way they do it is for really strong guaranteed money. $33m per year for 4 years fully guaranteed.
Heard on one of the sports talk radio shows that Dak is already making ~$40M/yr in endorsement money. Of course he is in a huge market, so more opportunities to cash in
[Reply]
DRM08 07:15 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
Heard on one of the sports talk radio shows that Dak is already making ~$40M/yr in endorsement money. Of course he is in a huge market, so more opportunities to cash in
I don’t think that is accurate. Dak’s people put out a story recently that he had a total of $50m guaranteed from insurance and endorsements in case he gets injured this year. But I think that $50m is spread across several years.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-insurance-ads
[Reply]
RedRaider56 07:26 PM 09-27-2019
I don’t think that is accurate. Dak’s people put out a story recently that he had a total of $50m guaranteed from insurance and endorsements in case he gets injured this year. But I think that $50m is spread across several years.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-insurance-ads

Got it. Thanks for the clarification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 07:35 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Ya'll are way to excited over this. But I suppose since it's a QB in the first, and it's not Alex Smith it's OK.

We win the SB last year if we had a defense.

Not feeling it.
Haha wow. What a gem from draft night.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:37 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Is it a Midwest thing to finally get the best of the best and want to go cheap with him?

It’d be great if he took a discount, sure - but if he wants a record setting contract, you give him a record setting contract.
They already have him on a cheap contract and failed to give him a defense with a pulse. I don't think he should trust them to build that defense around him. But they have a great track record with the offensive side of the ball. If he gives them a discount, spend the money on the OL to help him avoid big injuries.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:54 PM 09-27-2019
Think about this for a second, because it’s magical.

MVPat has 899 yards passing in the first half of games so far.

Only 9 QBs in the league have more total passing yards than that and 2 of those 6 have played 4 games, already.

He’s on pace to throw for 4784 yards IN THE FIRST HALF.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:28 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Only 9 QBs in the league have more total passing yards than that and 2 of those 6 have played 4 games, already.

AaaaaaaaanDD.....we really haven’t needed him to do much in the second half.
In addition to that we all know Reid is sand-bagging like a mofo, and Tyreek is out so honestly who knows what we REALLY have here. It’s damn good that’s for sure.
[Reply]
Frosty 08:28 PM 09-27-2019
I would rather watch Mahomes play with a bunch of scrubs than watch the Chiefs with high paid players and another retread QB. I've seen that movie too many times and I don't like how it ends.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:32 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Is it a Midwest thing to finally get the best of the best and want to go cheap with him?

It’d be great if he took a discount, sure - but if he wants a record setting contract, you give him a record setting contract.
I'm the cheapest guy in the room. I promise. Buy I agree. You go try to get the most favorable deal you can - I'd try to get the AAV down and gurantee the whole fucking thing, presuming he's going to collect it all anyway.

Don't pull a King Carl on this deal.

Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Or in Whitehouse TX, his family home. There apparently is no official count of how many people live in Whitehouse, TX a of 2018, but the unofficial population figure seems to be less than 8,000 souls.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Pat's ancestral home is not anything like New York city. Unless he decides to start buying combines by the dozen, his fortunes will be safe.
A dozen combines is $6M, yo. He can't buy too many combines before he fucks up his fortune.

I'd worry about cows. Cows can lose you a buttfucking mountain of money if you're on the wrong side of feeding them.

If he gets in a shootout, watch the fuck out.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:35 PM 09-27-2019

He's gonna hit about 600 yards and 8 TD's one of these days when they get into a crazy shootout.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:41 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Also consider how hard it is to blow all your money in KC.

Like you can only get so drunk. Not a lot of 2 grand bottle service places, even at the Plaza.
Cost of living in KC is a valid point.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:46 PM 09-27-2019
He's gonna hit about 600 yards and 8 TD's one of these days when they get into a crazy shootout.
As awesome as that would be to witness, I really hope it never happens.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:49 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
I wonder what Mahomes is getting with all of those national endorsement campaigns with Oakley, State Farm and Adidas?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:13 PM 09-27-2019
I feel good about life after Pat’s rookie contract.

Pat probably won’t take a discount, nor should he. As long as Andy is here, Pat will have the talent and coaching on offense. Think about all of the offensive players on this team that Andy either drafted or brought in? Schwartz and Sammy are the only starters that were brought in externally that cost money. They were all cheap at one time.

Andy will find cheap offensive talent and that will be critical once Pat gets paid.

Plus our defensive staff has shown the ability to also find and coach cheap talent. KPass is a prime example. He looks really good under the new staff. Ogbah, Thornhill and Wilson also look good.

I think we’ll be okay.
[Reply]
Page 1665 of 2690
« First < 665116515651615165516611662166316641665 166616671668166916751715176521652665 > Last »
Up