ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 319
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:23 AM 02-11-2021
Analysis: There should be one mission in Kansas City this off-season: Protect Patrick Mahomes.

[Reply]
RunKC 11:26 AM 02-11-2021
Landon Dickerson is talented but please Veach say no to broke dicks:

Originally Posted by :
Dickerson began his collegiate career at Florida State. He was named the Seminoles' starter at right guard during training camp and became the first true freshman offensive lineman to start a season opener since Jamie Dukes in 1982. He started the first seven games of the season before suffering a season-ending knee injury.[4] Dickerson started the first four games of his sophomore season before missing the rest of the season due to injury.[5] He used a medical redshirt after sustaining an ankle injury two games into his junior year.

Dickerson started the first 11 games of the season for the Crimson Tide as a redshirt senior before suffering ligament damage in his right knee against Florida in the 2020 SEC Championship Game.[12] He

[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:27 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Analysis: There should be one mission in Kansas City this off-season: Protect Patrick Mahomes.

I’m fine with calling that the top priority, but it’s hardly the only thing we need to do.

We need a second legit WR. Watkins can be that guy, but he couldn’t stay healthy or even produce consistently. I don’t think the guy we need is on the roster currently unfortunately.

We need more pass rush. If Jones and Clark aren’t getting 8-12 sacks each with consistent pressure, then we need another edge rusher to give us 6-8 sacks.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:29 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Landon Dickerson is talented but please Veach say no to broke dicks:
PASS
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:30 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’m fine with calling that the top priority, but it’s hardly the only thing we need to do.

We need a second legit WR. Watkins can be that guy, but he couldn’t stay healthy or even produce consistently. I don’t think the guy we need is on the roster currently unfortunately.

We need more pass rush. If Jones and Clark aren’t getting 8-12 sacks each with consistent pressure, then we need another edge rusher to give us 6-8 sacks.

We need a bunch of big and strong OL to Protect Patrick Mahomes.
What a coincidence. I agree with everything you said.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:31 AM 02-11-2021
What a coincidence. I agree with everything you said.
So ignore all other needs and only address OL?

I’m curious, would you go OL in the 1st and 2nd?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:34 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So ignore all other needs and only address OL?

I’m curious, would you go OL in the 1st and 2nd?
If the board falls right and the WR, DE, and OL talent when it's your time to choose is near equivalent, then absolutely yes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:35 AM 02-11-2021
If the board falls right and the WR, DE, and OL talent when it's your time to choose is near equivalent, then absolutely yes.
And literally nobody has said that they shouldn’t do that.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:37 AM 02-11-2021
Now what if DE and WR, not OL, are clearly BPA for our first 2 picks?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:38 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And literally nobody has said that they shouldn’t do that.
I'll take it a step further and say if the WR and DE talent is marginally better than the OL talent I'd still take the OL.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:38 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Now what if DE and WR, not OL, are clearly BPA for our first 2 picks?
Then I'd say you should've traded up for an OT in the first.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:39 AM 02-11-2021
Looking at Matt Miller’s mock and man oh man is this draft filled with a ton of quality OL and receivers.

I’m gonna be on the trade down train all the way to the draft.

Juan Thornhill, Rashad Fenton, Nick Allegretti, L’Jarius Sneed, Mike Danna, Tershawn Wharton, Mecole Hardman. All these guys were available from the mid 2nd rd on.

This staff has been one of the best in the league at scouting and finding these gems. Trade back, load your picks up and trust your board to fill our needs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:39 AM 02-11-2021
I'll take it a step further and say if the WR and DE talent is marginally better than the OL talent I'd still take the OL.
That's exactly the kind of mistake we don't want.

The only thing worse than having a shitty line would be having a shitty line that we spent valuable picks on.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:39 AM 02-11-2021
Then I'd say you should've traded up for an OT in the first.
Fuck value. Draft offensive line. Got it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:42 AM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Fuck value. Draft offensive line. Got it.
Yep. The most valuable thing the Chiefs can do this Offseason is ensure Mahomes stays upright and protected to the best of their ability.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 319
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up