ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 155 of 200
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2018-2019 Official NBA Regular season thread****
dirk digler 05:23 PM 10-16-2018
Didn't see anybody starting this thread so I guess I will.

Anti climatic season starts tonight and my prediction is GS vs Boston in the NBA Finals.

First 2 Games tonight on TNT with Philly vs Boston and OKC vs GS. Westbrook is out tonight so that game will be a blowout most likely.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:13 PM 06-29-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Kemba to Boston and Kyrie to Brooklyn
No real surprises, but we're running out of options for LeBron to add as another star option. Looks like we only have Kawhi, Jimmy, and Russell (after Brooklyn renounces him) left.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:16 PM 06-29-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Bird and Magic won championships literally right out of college. They had no reason to team up for championships. Jordan won it in his 7th season but there was no free agency until his 4th so you can't even say what he would have did if that were an option.

I think there would have been a lot more player movement than people care to admit if players had the options like they do now.

And what fans want should never occur in the mind of a player so to me that's irrelevant. If I'm a free agent and I see a team that has a perfect front office, a great coach, a great system I can be great in and great unselfish teammates....I should give that up because fans will be mad? **** them.

It may be uncompetitive, but the NBA has been uncompetitive since the start. 2 franchises have the same number of championships as all the other teams combined. The league has never been "competitive" and it has never not been ran by a superteam.
You talk shit but I guarantee you if Chiefs did bad this season and Mahomes left you'd be mad as hell. Keep it real...

Good point with Bird and Magic but there are plenty of other examples I could have used. Nowadays - Russell Westbrook hasn't left the Thunder. He could have but he has stayed loyal.

I personally would never say '**** the fans' they are ones who support the leagues these players play in... That's disrespectful. No fans = No NBA or NFL. I am not saying I'd base my whole decision on fans but if I was with a franchise and I loved how the fans of that city treated me it would play a part.

You can try and spin it anyway you want but players nowadays have a real lack of competitiveness. If they didn't, you wouldn't see them switch teams as much. Period.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:38 PM 06-29-2019
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
No real surprises, but we're running out of options for LeBron to add as another star option. Looks like we only have Kawhi, Jimmy, and Russell (after Brooklyn renounces him) left.
If I’m the Lakers, I’m going all in on Kawhi. They have the chance to have a truly special all time core. They have to go for it if there’s any remote chance that he’ll pick them.

I just don’t see a high profile free agent picking the Clippers. It could happen, but I just don’t see it.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:55 PM 06-29-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
So if OKC had lost in the second round instead of advancing to the WCF to face the warriors, him signing would have been okay? That's my problem with it. It seems like the rules are specifically against KD and only specifically apply to the situation he was in.

Good thing LeBron and AD sucked enough to miss the playoffs and didn't have to play against each other I guess.
That's the problem with perception, it doesn't always align with reality.

He's the one who ended up with that opportunity. I'm sure it's double sided but yeah I think people would look differently at it if he'd lost in the 2nd round. If lebron had lost to the heat before joining them it would bethe same. And still lebron was chasing a ring too.

Kawhi isn't.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:57 PM 06-29-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Exactly. It's a retarded arguement set up by butt hurt Lebronoes. In their minds KD blocked any serious claim Lebron could have had as GOAT.
Lebron didn't have a serious claim once he left Cleveland. I may not have believed that at the time (can't really remember lol) but anyone who did was probably right imo.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:29 PM 06-29-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Lebron didn't have a serious claim once he left Cleveland. I may not have believed that at the time (can't really remember lol) but anyone who did was probably right imo.
Originally Posted by :
So I adjust for league quality based on whether returning players play more or fewer minutes per game. When the league improves, minutes per game go down for returnees. When it declines, as with expansion, they tend to play more minutes per game.

Because Jordan and James weren't separated by much time, the difference isn't as dramatic as with Mikan. Yet James' leagues still rate on average as 12 percent better than Jordan's, which makes sense given the influx of international talent in that span. I estimate the pool of talent from which the NBA draws players has grown by 28 percent since 2003, while the league has added just one team.

When I adjust for league quality, James is no longer merely on the verge of catching Jordan as the greatest player in cumulative value. He already has Jordan in his rearview mirror, with 4.66 total championships added to Jordan's 4.28.

Originally Posted by :
Now, James comes out ahead at every age, thanks in part to starting younger but also because he reached peak performance sooner. Before adding in this season's playoffs, and without the adjustment for league quality, James already has more championships added through his age-33 season than Jordan did at 34. Barring injury or an improbable decision to walk away from the game as MJ did, James will soon pass Jordan in career points. He's already ahead by a wide margin in career rebounds and assists.

A team drafting James' entire career would assure itself championship contention for more than a decade given his metronomic consistency and ability to avoid injury. Jordan might have been better at his best, but James has already put together the best NBA career we've ever seen.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...nba-player-all

Literally already passed him years ago. It's not even close.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:32 PM 06-29-2019
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...nba-player-all

Literally already passed him years ago. It's not even close.
I've read all your numbers before. That's my opinion and those numbers won't change my mind. I've watched most of both their careers
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:32 PM 06-29-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If I’m the Lakers, I’m going all in on Kawhi. They have the chance to have a truly special all time core. They have to go for it if there’s any remote chance that he’ll pick them.

I just don’t see a high profile free agent picking the Clippers. It could happen, but I just don’t see it.
They'll go all-in on him for sure, but they'll also be ready in case he stays in Toronto.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:33 PM 06-29-2019
I've read all your numbers before. That's my opinion and those numbers won't change my mind. I've watched most of both their careers
They aren't my numbers, they are the numbers. They're what actually happened and unaffected by what you may or may not remember about either one of them.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:36 PM 06-29-2019
That’s the thing. KCC acts like a lot of us that say Jordan is better argue about the rings, but that’s just not true.

It’s about the eye test, like it is in any sport.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:38 PM 06-29-2019
Jordan has LeBron beat in the following:

Points/game
Blocks/game
Steals/game
Steals
FT%
PER
Orating
Drating
OWS/48
DWS/48
WS/48
BPM & VORP/YR before 34/35 (min 19 gms)
MVPs
Rings
DPOY
1st Team Def
Scoring & Steals Titles

But yea not even close :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:38 PM 06-29-2019
They aren't my numbers, they are the numbers. They're what actually happened and unaffected by what you may or may not remember about either one of them.
Well the numbers you have posted more than once. Obviously they aren't yours...I know what they mean. Sometimes it's more than numbers though.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:39 PM 06-29-2019
That’s the thing. KCC acts like a lot of us that say Jordan is better argue about the rings, but that’s just not true.

It’s about the eye test, like it is in any sport.
Agreed
[Reply]
New World Order 06-29-2019, 05:42 PM
This message has been deleted by New World Order. Reason: Staylor did it better
New World Order 05:46 PM 06-29-2019
Jordan has LeBron beat in the following:

Points/game
Blocks/game
Steals/game
Steals
FT%
PER
Orating
Drating
OWS/48
DWS/48
WS/48
BPM & VORP/YR before 34/35 (min 19 gms)
MVPs
Rings
DPOY
1st Team Def
Scoring & Steals Titles

But yea not even close :-)
:-)

Okay then. Argument over.

I'll just go ahead and delete my post
[Reply]
staylor26 05:48 PM 06-29-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
:-)

Okay then. Argument over.

I'll just go ahead and delete my post
He was going to ignore both either way :-)
[Reply]
Page 155 of 200
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165 > Last »
Up