« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt
NIUhuskies 08:39 AM 01-24-2023
I love that are doing this. Probably not smart to poke the bear
Spoiler!

[Reply]
tredadda 07:51 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
they're 3-0 against us and beat us last year at home, they deserve to talk some shit.

it will just make our win on sunday all the better IMO
All of this. They have earned the right to talk smack. It’s just funny that the ones most responsible for beating us three straight times are the quietest.
[Reply]
Reroka 07:58 AM 01-25-2023
Why do the fans from other teams come here seeking validation for their QB?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:07 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I like how everything revolves around being at an event for a few hours with Mahomes as if you know the guy closely.
No, dude. Nothing revolves around that. You speak to me like I'm 7 years old and don't understand "player speak" and "coach speak." That what someone says at the podium isn't an accurate reflection of who they are. And I'm saying that - with respect to Mahomes in particular - I know that better than most as he said several things to me that would've never, evern made its way out to the public. Kelce was exactly whom you thought he'd be but Mahomes was a lot more edgy.

This all started when I said Mahomes was a competitive prick and assassin on the field but has projected nothing but class off it. You then post some dumb gifs of him counting on his fingers, etc WHILE ON THE FIELD to indicate otherwise. It's like you refuse to follow the discussion or just don't have the means to do so.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:15 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
No, dude. Nothing revolves around that. You speak to me like I'm 7 years old and don't understand "player speak" and "coach speak." That what someone says at the podium isn't an accurate reflection of who they are. And I'm saying that - with respect to Mahomes in particular - I know that better than most as he said several things to me that would've never, evern made its way out to the public. Kelce was exactly whom you thought he'd be but Mahomes was a lot more edgy.

This all started when I said Mahomes was a competitive prick and assassin on the field but has projected nothing but class off it. You then post some dumb gifs of him counting on his fingers, etc WHILE ON THE FIELD to indicate otherwise. It's like you refuse to follow the discussion or just don't have the means to do so.
Just curious what do you mean by edgy?
[Reply]
stevieray 08:16 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I like how everything revolves around being at an event for a few hours with Mahomes as if you know the guy closely.
I was there, too. He's spot on.

Nobody is claiming to know the guy closely. I spent about 45 with Gracie and Tavia. Do I know them closely now? Not a chance, but I know enough to see and say there were affable, gracious and kind.

You can't fake that in an intimate setting.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:17 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Frank Clark talks just as much shit as almost any of the Bengals players. It is what it is. They didn't say anything too bad.

Chiefs just need to use it as motivation and get to work.
First, trolling a team you just beat for several days while your team is prepping for the afc championship is not just a sore winner, it’s a distraction.

Second, the level of smack talk leading into this week in the press wouldn’t happen under Andy’s watch. We saw Justin reid do it and not only does it still piss me off (and it undoubtedly lit a fire in cincy we didn’t need) but Andy was stern as hell that it was not acceptable.

Talk all the smack you want on the field though. Before the game let cincy run their mouth and use it as fuel to punch them in the junk when it matters
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:23 AM 01-25-2023
If you listen to Travis kelces podcast, he had a tremendous segment talking about Andy Reid. He comes off as a players coach but man, Travis almost seemed scared of him. Basically said you do NOT want to set the big fella off. There’s a reason our guys always say the right things and don’t let their egos go out of control. Let it out on the field but Andy would not tolerate some of the cockiness we’re seeing out of cincy this week. We’ve had two guys, Peters and mathieu, who got out of hand and we made it clear we didn’t want that noise in the locker room
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:27 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
If you listen to Travis kelces podcast, he had a tremendous segment talking about Andy Reid. He comes off as a players coach but man, Travis almost seemed scared of him. Basically said you do NOT want to set the big fella off. There’s a reason our guys always say the right things and don’t let their egos go out of control. Let it out on the field but Andy would not tolerate some of the cockiness we’re seeing out of cincy this week. We’ve had two guys, Peters and mathieu, who got out of hand and we made it clear we didn’t want that noise in the locker room
The only quote I know of from Bill Belichick is one that I really like, recounted by Tom Brady it was something like: "When you win say little, when you lose say less."
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:28 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Just curious what do you mean by edgy?
As one example, I asked him about a certain team's secondary that they were possibly going to face in the playoffs, and he was like, "Oh those guys - they're not good at all." On another, I was gushing over a certain college player who was about to come out in the draft, and he kinda seemed annoyed by it and was like, "Meh - he's actually really old for college." Several more examples/stories of that same flavor of a personal/sports variety.

These were not the podium responses we've all grown used to.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:28 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Frank Clark talks just as much shit as almost any of the Bengals players. It is what it is. They didn't say anything too bad.

Chiefs just need to use it as motivation and get to work.
What did Frank Clark say about the Bengals this week?
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:30 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
As one example, I asked him about a certain team's secondary that they were possibly going to face in the playoffs, and he was like, "Oh those guys - they're not good at all." On another, I was gushing over a certain college player who was about to come out in the draft, and he kinda seemed annoyed by it and was like, "Meh - he's actually really old for college." Several more examples/stories of that same flavor of a personal/sports variety.

These were not the podium responses we've all grown used to.
gotcha thanks!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:33 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
What did Frank Clark say about the Bengals this week?
Yeah, we learned really quick how Andy reacts to this when Justin Reid ran his mouth last game.

The only time I remember them doing this openly was with Derrick Henry. Several defensive players went on and on about how he can be tackled if tackled a certain way. For several players to give that kind of response (and considering we backed it the hell up) I sense Reid or spags gave them clearance to talk. But that’s not typical for an Andy Reid team
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:37 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah, we learned really quick how Andy reacts to this when Justin Reid ran his mouth last game.

The only time I remember them doing this openly was with Derrick Henry. Several defensive players went on and on about how he can be tackled if tackled a certain way. For several players to give that kind of response (and considering we backed it the hell up) I sense Reid or spags gave them clearance to talk. But that’s not typical for an Andy Reid team
Frank Clark's shit talking this week amounted to him saying after the game he didn't give a shit who we play.

That's not nearly the same as Cincy players calling Arrowhead Burrowhead or Eli Apple still talking shit to the Bills players.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:38 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
The only quote I know of from Bill Belichick is one that I really like, recounted by Tom Brady it was something like: "When you win say little, when you lose say less."
:-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:38 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Frank Clark's shit talking this week amounted to him saying after the game he didn't give a shit who we play.

That's not nearly the same as Cincy players calling Arrowhead Burrowhead or Eli Apple still talking shit to the Bills players.
Have you guys actually checked Eli Apple's twitter?

Like it's an endless stream of mocking the Bills. It's so overboard it's bordering on insane.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 260
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up