ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 111
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 NFL Free Agency Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:39 AM 03-16-2020
Certified Corona free.

Post here. Pertinent free agent signings can still have their own thread. Anyone who replies with a Q, because something is buried in this thread should blah blah AIDS tree.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:24 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
In that case....I’d rather have Pennell and Breeland over Watkins and LDT
I'm with you on LDT but I'd really like to see Watkins around for 2 more years, especially after re-watching the Super Bowl last night.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:24 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Exactly. And you’d need to draft a WR for sure but CB wouldn’t be a huge priority with your first pick because you’d have Ward, Breeland and Fenton.
The impact Pennel made at his price point was phenomenal, and yeah Breeland proved himself an inexpensive gamer as well

We could draft a starting guard who’d instantly upgrade LDT, and once guys like Watkins come off the books there’s plenty of sign a vet/draft a guy options at receiver

Wish we knew what Veach is waiting on...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:32 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Wish we knew what Veach is waiting on...
I'm sure he's trying to figure out a way to keep Jones and Watkins because right now, both players are taking up about $37 million in cap space.

Also, don't forget about the $8 million in Dead Cap Space thanks to Eric Berry.

I'm so glad that comes off the books in 2021.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:32 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm with you on LDT but I'd really like to see Watkins around for 2 more years, especially after re-watching the Super Bowl last night.
In a perfect world I’d absolutely wanna keep Sammy too, replacing his particular set of skills and often unseen impact on the game wouldn’t be easy at all

But some tough calls gotta be made, and my money says Reid/Mahomes could solve the puzzle there... we gotta keep these cheap and productive D guys
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:36 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Also, don't forget about the $8 million in Dead Cap Space thanks to Eric Berry.

I'm so glad that comes off the books in 2021.
Remember when the Colts were supposed to lock him up? (After the Cowboys, Packers or Browns we’re supposed to lock him up last year).

It was painful to watch him in the AFCCG. He got paid 78 million for 2 and a half games, and it probably would have been better for the Chiefs had we paid him 78 million to play in zero. I think we beat the Patriots with Jordan Lucas, as tough as that is to admit.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:39 PM 03-23-2020
Dion Lewis to the Giants
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:51 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Remember when the Colts were supposed to lock him up? (After the Cowboys, Packers or Browns we’re supposed to lock him up last year).

It was painful to watch him in the AFCCG. He got paid 78 million for 2 and a half games, and it probably would have been better for the Chiefs had we paid him 78 million to play in zero. I think we beat the Patriots with Jordan Lucas, as tough as that is to admit.
I took a lot of heat, especially from Detoxing (but it's all good) because I didn't want the Chiefs to sign him long term due to the fact that chemotherapy can destroy anyone's body, even someone that's as athletically gifted as Berry.

It's just a damn shame that it's still costing the Chiefs quite a bit of cap space.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:58 PM 03-23-2020
Guys, you know... fans see a lot in certain players that the team doesn't always see.

Don't get me wrong-- Pennel played a crucial role in our run defense improving thoughout the season. But we need to accept that it's possible Veach, Reid, and Spags might have an alternative plan in mind. They also may have been negotiating with him, but found that they were just too far apart on the $$$. Or maybe they're saying, "Mike, thanks for what you did here, but we've got a couple of young guys on the team who we think can come close to the production you gave us last year, so uh... good luck and godspeed."

It wouldn't be the first time the team let go of a fan favorite. On many of those occasions, fans got mad about it for a bit, then they saw that the team DIDN'T actually implode. And it was fine.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:07 PM 03-23-2020
I don’t think the Chris Jones signing would be done until this summer. These tag situations usually get resolved around the time camp starts when there is a hard date.

Obviously it comes down to Watkins as there’s no way he can play at the cap amount that he’s got for 2020.

I think Veach needs to get around 8-10 million more in cap space for a draft class and at least one more FA signing, preferably a corner.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:25 PM 03-23-2020

Per the NFL's internal cap report, 10 teams with least space as of this AM.

1. Chiefs $555K
2. Patriots $2.80M
3. Saints $9.02M
4. Steelers $10.64M
5. Falcons $14.28M
6. Packers $14.80M
7. Cardinals $15.71M
8. Ravens $17.42M
9. Niners $19.49M
10. Rams $19.65M

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) March 23, 2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:25 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t think the Chris Jones signing would be done until this summer. These tag situations usually get resolved around the time camp starts when there is a hard date.

Obviously it comes down to Watkins as there’s no way he can play at the cap amount that he’s got for 2020.

I think Veach needs to get around 8-10 million more in cap space for a draft class and at least one more FA signing, preferably a corner.
Isn’t June or July 15 the last day they can negotiate a long term deal
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:27 PM 03-23-2020
Cowboys Travis Frederick retiring. WTF??!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:34 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Cowboys Travis Frederick retiring. WTF??!
Skip in 3..2..1..
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 04:35 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Guys, you know... fans see a lot in certain players that the team doesn't always see.

Don't get me wrong-- Pennel played a crucial role in our run defense improving thoughout the season. But we need to accept that it's possible Veach, Reid, and Spags might have an alternative plan in mind. They also may have been negotiating with him, but found that they were just too far apart on the $$$. Or maybe they're saying, "Mike, thanks for what you did here, but we've got a couple of young guys on the team who we think can come close to the production you gave us last year, so uh... good luck and godspeed."

It wouldn't be the first time the team let go of a fan favorite. On many of those occasions, fans got mad about it for a bit, then they saw that the team DIDN'T actually implode. And it was fine.
PENNEL CHANGING THE SPIRIT AND PRODUCTION OF THIS DEFENSE WAS TOO OBVIOUS TO IGNORE!!!!!

I'm sure Veach will resign him.....somehow.....
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:55 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

That's fine when it happens here or there, but the problem is we're being held hostage by Jones/Watkins and Pennel isn't the only one we've lost or risk losing. Veach has done a nice job, but do you think he can replace almost the entire cornerback depth chart, Pennel, Ogbah, etc. while also finding improvements at LB, G/C, and RB?
[Reply]
Page 70 of 111
« First < 20606667686970 7172737480 > Last »
Up