ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone have an Air Fryer
Fat Elvis 11:12 PM 03-04-2019
If you have an Air Fryer, how do you like it, and do you have any goo recipes to share?
[Reply]
mlyonsd 04:32 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I'm getting convinced to give this a try. I make Chick Fil A chicken nugget copycats that I fry in peanut oil. What would the process be with an air fryer? Just right into the thing after the flour, egg and breadcrumbs?
Yes.

I bought a little spritzer bottle that I put oil in. For something like you're talking about you might want to give it a spray of oil if you're trying to copycat a fried chicken sandwich.
[Reply]
Donger 04:35 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
I put a layer of foil down in the fryer. Cook at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
Doesn't the foil interfere a little with the air flow?
[Reply]
Donger 04:35 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Yes.

I bought a little spritzer bottle that I put oil in. For something like you're talking about you might want to give it a spray of oil if you're trying to copycat a fried chicken sandwich.
Excellent, thanks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:53 PM 12-31-2020
Excellent, thanks.
Spritz a whole potato with oil, add salt and pepper or you favorite seasoning, and pop it in the air fryer. It’s the best “baked” potato you will ever have.

My mother-in-law made some individual serving fruit pies last week and baked them until they were done enough to freeze. We just pop them in the air fryer with a smear of butter to finish them off. So much better than in the oven.
[Reply]
Donger 04:58 PM 12-31-2020
Sold! Just ordered this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
[Reply]
srvy 05:00 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I've had mine for a couple of years & it's small compared to the newer models.

Is there one you can fit a whole frozen pizza into? I'd like to buy a pizza crust & make my own if it would fit into an air fryer.
This was advertised on sale seems to get good reviews. Seems mostly frozen pizza though I'd get a Pizazz for fresh.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Betty-Cro...mpaign_id=9383
[Reply]
Third Eye 06:07 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
I literally cook everything in it. The nice thing about air fryers is that you can easily experiment with them. It is practically the only way I will cook vegetables anymore (and I am a vegetarian). I find it really nice for creating a nice "roast" on vegatables whether they are fresh or frozen. Since they are pretty cheap, I would follow some of the advice in the thread and get two (or more, lol); there is also a Ninja air fryer that has two separate compartments, I believe, if you want to stick to one appliance.

One thing that really helps are air fryer accessories so that you can cook foods in the air fryer in different ways. Basically, an air fryer is a compact convection oven so anything you can cook in one of those you can cook faster and more easily in an air fryer.
We just got this model for Christmas, but I haven’t yet tried out cooking different things at the same time. So far I’ve just made double batches of wings and brussel sprouts.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 10:11 PM 12-31-2020
I got the type that fits on a 6-quart instant pot.

So far, so good.

Crisps up leftover fried chicken way better than the oven. Great for frozen foods (fries, corn dogs, fish, chicken nuggets). Also works great for crisping up foods that you just cooked in the instant pot (ribs, chicken breasts, sausage).

Frying pot is small, so works for me, but not ideal for a family.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:28 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Use mine for wings all the time. Cold smoking a few hours ahead of time in winter months is fantastic.
Cooked mine in the oven to drain out some grease then air fried. It was easy and damn good.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 10:54 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Ninja foodi grill ftfw! Thing is a certified badass
This. Got an xl grill foodi a couple months ago and I've all but stopped using our other appliances. Grill, bake, air fry this thing rules. Only thing I haven't touched yet is dehydrate.
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:02 AM 01-01-2021
I'm getting convinced to give this a try. I make Chick Fil A chicken nugget copycats that I fry in peanut oil. What would the process be with an air fryer? Just right into the thing after the flour, egg and breadcrumbs?
I dipped chicken breast into an egg wash, then bread crumbs, garlic powder, pepper, salt. 400 degrees for 20 minutes turning over half way. It was amazing.
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:04 AM 01-01-2021
Doesn't the foil interfere a little with the air flow?
Just a loose layer to keep from sticking. Still enough air flow to get an even cook. Happy new year, btw!!!

Loves ya CP!!!
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:15 AM 01-01-2021
Wings are still the best thing I've done in mine. Recently I cooked a couple of Cornish game hens in it, they turned out awesome.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 04:59 AM 01-01-2021
I have the original Foodi and the Foodi Grill. I have not used my regular oven in over 2 years and I rarely use the microwave. I also don't waste near as much food as I used to. Lemme explain...I'm a single dude, so when I put meat in the freezer, I used to end up throwing it away a couple years down the road because I never could remember to set it out to thaw. With the foodi and foodi grill, you can cook from frozen to ready to eat in like 20 min. I absolutely love the both of them. Also, re-heating stuff like pizza is easier and tastes a shit-ton better than using the microwave.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:41 AM 01-01-2021
My mom gifted me one. I absolutely love it! Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, biscuits, pork chops, fries, etc, etc. I use it probably 3 times a week and it's become my favorite appliance.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up