ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone have an Air Fryer
Fat Elvis 11:12 PM 03-04-2019
If you have an Air Fryer, how do you like it, and do you have any goo recipes to share?
[Reply]
bdj23 02:27 PM 12-31-2020
I have one that kinda looks like the Raiders stadium. I use it quite a bit. Pizza rolls are phenomenal out of it.

Wife made some hand breaded buffalo chicken tenders the other day that were delicious.

I kinda want to try hot pockets, but those things tear me up.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:31 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
One of the best aspects of the air fryer is reheating food, whether it's leftovers or fries that have become "soggy" due to delivery or pick up. It'll make them as good as new and sometimes even better in less than 5 minutes.
This

Many times my wife will bring home McDonald’s & put it in the fridge for me. I can now reheat the fries & enjoy them.

Perfect
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 03:06 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Any tips for someone who recently got one for XMas? I've used it a few times for mozzarella sticks and once for hashbrowns, but haven't ventured beyond that.
I literally cook everything in it. The nice thing about air fryers is that you can easily experiment with them. It is practically the only way I will cook vegetables anymore (and I am a vegetarian). I find it really nice for creating a nice "roast" on vegatables whether they are fresh or frozen. Since they are pretty cheap, I would follow some of the advice in the thread and get two (or more, lol); there is also a Ninja air fryer that has two separate compartments, I believe, if you want to stick to one appliance.

One thing that really helps are air fryer accessories so that you can cook foods in the air fryer in different ways. Basically, an air fryer is a compact convection oven so anything you can cook in one of those you can cook faster and more easily in an air fryer.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 03:07 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I have one that kinda looks like the Raiders stadium. I use it quite a bit. Pizza rolls are phenomenal out of it.

Wife made some hand breaded buffalo chicken tenders the other day that were delicious.

I kinda want to try hot pockets, but those things tear me up.
I like making personal pizzas in mine.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:46 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
I like making personal pizzas in mine.
Like those ones you get in the Red Baron two packs or whatever? Fuck that's a good idea. I haven't had those in years.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:46 PM 12-31-2020
One thing that can really help with convenience, like soggy fries air fryers are great for crisping up stale tortilla chips, plus they're warm when you have your nachos. Just gotta keep an eye on them so they don't brown. Usually only takes 3-4 minutes to bake the moisture back out of them. About the amount of time it takes to fill a cup with nacho cheese and heat it in the microwave.

Convenient.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:50 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Like those ones you get in the Red Baron two packs or whatever? Fuck that's a good idea. I haven't had those in years.
Here's my latest white trash opulence. Get the 'everything' bread from Walmart [on the day old rack if you can],

Pizza sauce [Cascones]
Fresh Mozz
Fresh onion, mushroom
Canned black olive.
Then take frozen Italian meatballs, and slice them into slivers [coins].

Pile it all up on the bread, sliced to pizza slice length, then halved.

Air fry until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown.

This bread makes for better pizza 'crust' than most anything you can get in the frozen aisle.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:53 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Here's my latest white trash opulence. Get the 'everything' bread from Walmart [on the day old rack if you can],

Pizza sauce [Cascones]
Fresh Mozz
Fresh onion, mushroom
Canned black olive.
Then take frozen Italian meatballs, and slice them into slivers.

Pile it all up on the bread, sliced to pizza slice length, then halved.

Air fry until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown.

This bread makes for better pizza 'crust' than most anything you can get in the frozen aisle.
I've had mine for a couple of years & it's small compared to the newer models.

Is there one you can fit a whole frozen pizza into? I'd like to buy a pizza crust & make my own if it would fit into an air fryer.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:59 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I've had mine for a couple of years & it's small compared to the newer models.

Is there one you can fit a whole frozen pizza into? I'd like to buy a pizza crust & make my own if it would fit into an air fryer.
I make mine 'from scratch'

That's why I use the everything bread

It's unsliced, so slice it to the width you want, then halve it top and bottom for two personal size.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:07 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I make mine 'from scratch'

That's why I use the everything bread

It's unsliced, so slice it to the width you want, then halve it top and bottom for two personal size.
I was thinking of buying a frozen pizza crust & adding toppings to it. I was just wondering if it would hold a pizza of that size?
[Reply]
cabletech94 04:13 PM 12-31-2020
As much as I hate to admit this: I was locked out of Facebook for a few weeks, picked up tik tok (because apparently I’m addicted to social media) and found a ton of foodies posting. There is a fantastic chicken wing recipe. It’ll put hair on your chest!!!

Wings, salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, liquid smoke, and a generous amount of chipotle power. And I do mean a lot!!!
Mix it all together real good. I put a layer of foil down in the fryer. Cook at 375 for 15-20 minutes. It’s amazing.
My fryer isn’t very big, I can cook around 10 to 12 wings at a time, flipping halfway through.
Well worth it.

And ps I got my Facebook back. Praise chiefs us!!
[Reply]
unlurking 04:17 PM 12-31-2020
Use mine for wings all the time. Cold smoking a few hours ahead of time in winter months is fantastic.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 04:18 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I was thinking of buying a frozen pizza crust & adding toppings to it. I was just wondering if it would hold a pizza of that size?
I have one a couple of years old that was considered to be large at the time. It's a 6qt. I just measured the bottom of the basket, it's 8.5"x9.5". Not big enough for a regular sized frozen pizza but it should work for a personal pizza.

I have a pizzazz for pizza. Which I like better because I can cook the bottom first to make it crispy and then turn it on dual to cook the top and bottom.
[Reply]
Donger 04:29 PM 12-31-2020
I'm getting convinced to give this a try. I make Chick Fil A chicken nugget copycats that I fry in peanut oil. What would the process be with an air fryer? Just right into the thing after the flour, egg and breadcrumbs?
[Reply]
Kman34 04:32 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
As much as I hate to admit this: I was locked out of Facebook for a few weeks, picked up tik tok (because apparently I’m addicted to social media) and found a ton of foodies posting. There is a fantastic chicken wing recipe. It’ll put hair on your chest!!!

Wings, salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, liquid smoke, and a generous amount of chipotle power. And I do mean a lot!!!
Mix it all together real good. I put a layer of foil down in the fryer. Cook at 375 for 15-20 minutes. It’s amazing.
My fryer isn’t very big, I can cook around 10 to 12 wings at a time, flipping halfway through.
Well worth it.

And ps I got my Facebook back. Praise chiefs us!!
I use Olive Oil spray to help make things crispy in mine..
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up