ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone have an Air Fryer
Fat Elvis 11:12 PM 03-04-2019
If you have an Air Fryer, how do you like it, and do you have any goo recipes to share?
[Reply]
unlurking 01:57 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Cooked mine in the oven to drain out some grease then air fried. It was easy and damn good.
May have to try that tomorrow. My first time cooking whole wings in the air fryer and I expect the tips may burn. Hopefully a pre-cook will minimize that. Wish my fryer were larger though. Not sure how many of these I'll be able to cook at once. Normally just do the separate wing/drummies.
Attached: wings.jpg (75.5 KB) 
[Reply]
In58men 02:49 PM 01-01-2021
Just got a Ninja Foodi for Xmas, what are some things I need to try first?

Also, can you do frozen wings? Or do they need tone thawed first?
[Reply]
srvy 03:01 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:

Also, can you do frozen wings? Or do they need tone thawed first?
I've done both ways not much difference other than time. Honestly, a couple of minutes on defrost in the microwave will save you some time in the air fryer.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:36 PM 01-01-2021
Just tried hot pockets in it. Pretty underwhelming tbh... but it's probably more due to hot pockets just aren't that good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:39 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Just tried hot pockets in it. Pretty underwhelming tbh... but it's probably more due to hot pockets just aren't that good.
:-)

Air fryers are great but they aren’t magic. They can’t turn microwaveable turds into real food.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:01 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
I've done both ways not much difference other than time. Honestly, a couple of minutes on defrost in the microwave will save you some time in the air fryer.
Over time, you get a feel for how quickly the convection moves through food.

The key is thickness, particularly with meats/proteins.

Wings and bone-in pork chops are usually fine freezer-->done in the fryer, same for a hamburger if you like it med-rare in the middle.

Something like big chicken breasts or center-cut thick pork chops need a defrost at the beginning or a heat up at the end or it'll be done on the outside and still lukewarm in the middle.

Air fryer and microwave are a good combo, because air fryers crisp quickly and efficiently, and microwaves heat all-over quickly and efficiently. So you can kind of fine tune how much time you spend heating the inside or crisping the outside.

Also, a probe thermo is useful for thick meats. I regularly find those long pork tenderloin products [sometimes marinated, sometimes bacon-wrapped, etc] as a good deal, then I section them at 1" thick planks, enough for a single serving. Since I section them frozen, they keep their portion of the bacon or marinade with each serving. Then I jab the probe in and air-fry along with some form of potatoes or squash or asparagus etc, next to it on the rack [in oven bags to keep the butter/spices from making a mess]. When the probe hits safe for pork level ~145, most everything is done to perfection.

Thicker than 7/8-1" on pork loin frozen, and you'll need to microwave a minute or two at the end to make sure the inside is temp-safe.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:16 AM 01-02-2021
I also tried a mini red baron frozen pizza (for dinner, separate meal lmao) and that worked out surprisingly well. Good call on that one!
[Reply]
bdj23 09:19 AM 01-02-2021
I have a pretty good stomach ache right now too
[Reply]
threebag 09:41 AM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Decks, siding and furniture?
[Reply]
In58men 10:13 AM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Decks, siding and furniture?
FRIG OFF!!!
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:55 AM 01-02-2021
I got a tiny one for myself a month or so ago, and it's the worst decision I ever made.

Now I'm eating french fries and mozz sticks and chicken nuggets all the time. And they're great.

:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:57 PM 01-02-2021
:-) Keg.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:05 PM 01-08-2021
Found a great thing to air fry.

Hamburgers!

Hadn’t tried it before & it turned out great!
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:10 PM 01-08-2021
Now that we've got two threads on this topic....I might have to investigate.
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:14 PM 01-08-2021
slap a lil butter on two slices of bread, some ham and cheese: air fryer grilled cheese, flip at mid cook :-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up