ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 261 of 324
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:14 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I can't remember the other candidates available at the time, but there wasn't really a consensus "That's the guy!" among the fans. Some fans wanted Rex, and other fans were pretty adamant about staying the hell away from him.

Considering how quickly we wanted to rebuild the defense, a first time DC just wasn't in the cards, either. It would have been a big roll of the dice, and more than likely the guy we brought in wouldn't have the connections to the quality position coaches we brought in.

Plus, at some point... I mean, the coach isn't the one strapping on the goddamn helmet. At some point as long as he's not a bumbling reerun, it's up to the players to just fucking play.

ChiefFanatic is kind of having his period over nothing.
I'm wanting to say the big hotness of the time was Kris Richard from Dallas?

His star fell pretty damn fast, though.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:14 AM 11-28-2022
Comes into thread

Reads that Spagnuolo is no better than Bob Sutton

Chuckles on his way out
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I hate Grbac with the searing intensity of a million white-hot suns. It was the Grbitch/Gannon debate that initially sucked me into the old KC Star BB.

To this day, anyone who wanted Grbroad to start over Gannon can go fuck themselves.
How about those that knew Grbac was going to get his starting job back, knowing there wasn't a damn bit of difference between the results, regardless who was playing QB?
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:23 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Spags is a subpar DC.

Never been a fan. He's rather predictable tbh...at least too much for my liking.

Just my personal opinion...This doesn't mean he's worse/better than Sutton.

IMO you're comparing 2 bowls of shit.

Team needs more (good) pass rush and CB depth.
He's recognized by his peers as one of the most unpredictable defensive playcallers in the league.

Again, the man does have faults. He's not an elite DC. But being predictable is not one of them.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:27 PM 11-28-2022
spags fault is trusting his dbs too much, and sometimes it burns him
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:32 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Communication is so key on the back end. I suspect it's universal, but if not, it's definitely the case for Spags scheme.

Because man, when those guys aren't on the same page, the blown coverages are pretty catastrophic. They don't run a system where a miscommunication gives a guy another step or two - they just run uncovered.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:35 PM 11-28-2022
It's nice to see him trusting the rookies this year and letting them learn.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:36 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Communication is so key on the back end. I suspect it's universal, but if not, it's definitely the case for Spags scheme.

Because man, when those guys aren't on the same page, the blown coverages are pretty catastrophic. They don't run a system where a miscommunication gives a guy another step or two - they just run uncovered.
i actually love his scheme as a complement to having patrick mahomes

if your corners get toasted bad on a play, patrick is still here to get that back for you

i think it is nigh perfect, he just needs to be slightly less aggressive a few times a game

we have to remember spags is doing wonders with chris jones and not much else on the defensive line, too
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:07 PM 11-29-2022
What Spags has done starting two rookie corners, a rookie defensive end, a rookie linebacker, with S3, CB3 also being rookies is a fucking miracle.

Bolton is a second year player, too. Sneed third year.

It's ridiculous, and they're playing well and getting better every week.

You guys have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:14 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Spags is a subpar DC.

Never been a fan. He's rather predictable tbh...at least too much for my liking.

Just my personal opinion...This doesn't mean he's worse/better than Sutton.

IMO you're comparing 2 bowls of shit.

Team needs more (good) pass rush and CB depth.
Our defense has done more than enough to win us the games we ultimately lost in the playoffs. Crazy as it is, it’s really been the offense that has “let us down” under spags’ watch in playoff losses.

Right now we have very well coached players. Spags is an absurdly good DBs coach. Cullen is outstanding with DL. And Daly is better than he gets credit for.

We give up points on defense but it’s the kind of attacking style we want to support a defense that isn’t afraid of our defense giving up big plays.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 06:33 PM 12-04-2022
Do we still like spags? The D was a no-show today. The Cinci offensive line completely dominated us up front.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:35 PM 12-04-2022
spags was fine...27 points against that team in their house is acceptable

kelce lost the game
[Reply]
louie aguiar 06:46 PM 12-04-2022
spags was fine...27 points against that team in their house is acceptable

kelce lost the game
The D was dogshit. They easily could have scored more if not for a dropped TD and passing up a field goal. They also would have scored on their last drive if they needed the points.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:47 PM 12-04-2022
Infuriating to allow that 3rd and 11
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:48 PM 12-04-2022
Sorry, but that's an elite offense, and we have three rookies, sometimes four, in the secondary, and next to nothing at DE.

Spags makes chicken salad most weeks.

Spags wins the game if Kelce doesn't fumble.
[Reply]
Page 261 of 324
« First < 161211251257258259260261 262263264265271311 > Last »
Up