ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 221 of 324
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231271321 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
petegz28 03:24 PM 09-26-2021
Today's loss was not on the D. Mahomes & Co. fucked us.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:27 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Must've watched a different game. Thought Spags was the DC. Didn't KC's D generate 5 stops? 5/9=56%. More than enough to win any game against any opponent.

Oh, did Spags fumble the ball twice and throw those two INTs? I thought that was the offense.
So giving up 94 points in three games is good? Yes the offense didn't help but neither does needing to score 30 plus every game to have a chance to win.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:04 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So giving up 94 points in three games is good? Yes the offense didn't help but neither does needing to score 30 plus every game to have a chance to win.
Where in there did I say that the defense was good? Though if we're actually going to be honest, they came out and played rather well at first. The offense turning the ball over four times and giving away short fields throughout the first half is what sunk KC, which again has nothing to do with the defense.

You want to wear out your defense early? Turn the ball over in your half of the field four times in a row.

Here's the thing: no team has much of a chance to win if their offense turns the ball over in their side of the field four consecutive times to start the game. But in spite of that, the Chiefs D forced LAC to punt twice there.

Not sure what else you realistically could expect of them.

The offense is not playing well through three weeks, period. Turnovers, poor decisions, 3rd down arm punts are not going to get it done, no matter what team we're talking about. Patrick/Kelce/Hill/whatever JAG we put out there have to man up and play much cleaner.

And this is not about play-calling either. Stop with the 'Andy turtled up" BS. That last throw to Pringle was exactly the right call, and Pringle dropped it. His drop before was also a critical play.

Now we're seeing the offense without Sammy. It's still pretty good, but it's not as efficient and unstoppable, period. The whole "we just need two fast little guys" theory is utter BS. We need a big, physical WR2 that can actually run great routes and has reliable hands in the clutch.

But we have what we have. Which means the Hardman/Pringle/Kemp/whoever gang better find a way to play a lot better, and stop dropping balls. we simply can't afford their mistakes anymore.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 04:13 PM 09-26-2021
I don't want to see any Spagnoula posts unless it says something about him getting canned.
Bob Sutton wants an apology
[Reply]
RunKC 04:16 PM 09-26-2021
There’s a clear personnel issue right now.

Clark is not playing and has flopped. Jones is the ONLY legit pass rusher on the team right now.

Willie Gay is hurt so Neimann has to start. Bolton has looked good but he’s played 3 games.

Ward is out and it shows, even though he’s struggled himself. Sorenson is also too old to cover a TE one-on-one with any legitimacy anymore, though I get the Thornhill questions.

Think you can also make a case that Matheiu is slowly starting to show his age this year.

How many DC’s are going to look good with such a depleted talent barrier?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:21 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Clark is not playing and has flopped. Jones is the ONLY legit pass rusher on the team right now.

Willie Gay is hurt so Neimann has to start. Bolton has looked good but he’s played 3 games.

Ward is out and it shows, even though he’s struggled himself. Sorenson is also too old to cover a TE one-on-one with any legitimacy anymore, though I get the Thornhill questions.

Think you can also make a case that Matheiu is slowly starting to show his age this year.

I have no earthly idea what the hell is wrong with Thornhill that they won't yank Sorensen, but Dirty Dan is terrible. He always has been, but he has a knack for making a big play in a big moment which is fine, but doesn't negate the dozen or so plays he just sucks per game. He's terrible.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:30 PM 09-26-2021
Chiefs should bring in Alex Smith to coach the defense, he can stop an offense in the red zone like no other.
[Reply]
bricks 04:32 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Today's loss was not on the D. Mahomes & Co. ****ed us.
I think that the loss is on the entire team.

The offense turned the ball over too many times and the defense didn’t make the stops when they needed to.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:34 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

This

It’s clearly a talent issue at this point
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:06 PM 09-26-2021
Is this defense worse than 2018?

The 2018 Chiefs got 37.5 sacks from Ford, Jones and Houston.

They were shitty, but they could close a game with their pass rush.

This defense is not getting that kind of pressure from three guys.

Meanwhile, the 2021 offense lacks...Kareem, Fisher, Schwartz and Watkins.

The '18 offense had all of them, so it was good enough to overcome that defense...and even work in tandem with it at times (elite O + pass rush is deadly).

If this defense is truly worse than 2018, I don't think the offense is going to be near good enough to overcome it.

I think the Chiefs HAVE to improve on defense stat if they are to have any hope of getting back to the SB.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:07 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Is this defense worse than 2018?

The 2018 Chiefs got 37.5 sacks from Ford, Jones and Houston.

They were shitty, but they could close a game with their pass rush.

This defense is not getting that kind of pressure from three guys.

Meanwhile, the 2021 offense lacks...Kareem, Fisher, Schwartz and Watkins.

The '18 offense had all of them, so it was good enough to overcome that defense...and even work in tandem with it at times (elite O + pass rush is deadly).

If this defense is truly worse than 2018, I don't think the offense is going to be near good enough to overcome it.

I think the Chiefs HAVE to improve on defense stat if they are to have any hope of getting back to the SB.
Your best post since the loss, for sure. This is a good point. We're in all likelihood not going 13-4 or 12-5 with the D we had in 2018.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:06 AM 11-08-2021
Over the last month the Chiefs defense is allowing:

16 PPG
311 YPG
213 PYPG
98 RYPG

They will still get no respect, but at some point it becomes a trend, not a fluke.
[Reply]
notorious 11:18 AM 11-08-2021

16 PPG
311 YPG
213 PYPG
98 RYPG

They will still get no respect, but at some point it becomes a trend, not a fluke.
If our schedule started out with these teams (like buffalo got) the Chiefs would appear as a juggernaut.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:19 AM 11-08-2021

16 PPG
311 YPG
213 PYPG
98 RYPG

Facing Jordan Love, Daniel Jones, and Taylor Henieken during that month, too...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:21 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
If our schedule started out with these teams (like buffalo got) the Chiefs would appear as a juggernaut.
Kinda what I thought.
[Reply]
Page 221 of 324
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231271321 > Last »
Up