ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 324
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Lzen 01:06 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
35 passing TDs is mediocre? :-)
He meant that it is for Mahomes. :-)
[Reply]
seaofred 01:07 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd imagine they'll go to them and ask about a restructure or lowering their money or they'll cut them.

Easier to do with Houston for sure.
Can they restructure them now, or do they have to wait for the new league year? If they have to wait, that might be part of the hold up on what is going on with those two.
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:08 PM 02-19-2019
Dee Ford is going to end up getting over $17M, he's a defensive end now.

As for the cap space, you factor in PPE and bonuses and another $3M disappears. $4-5M for rookies. Sign Tyreek Hill and Chris Jones and the rest of it is gone.

They're not signing any marquis free agents. They don't have any money to do so.
You will be pleasantly surprised my friend. You just need to be a bit patient.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:09 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by seaofred:
Can they restructure them now, or do they have to wait for the new league year? If they have to wait, that might be part of the hold up on what is going on with those two.
They're under contract, they can be done at any time I would imagine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:10 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
You will be pleasantly surprised my friend. You just need to be a bit patient.
Unless being patient results in them cutting Eric Berry AND Justin Houston, I don't see what waiting is going to do. They don't have any money.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:13 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
uhhhh....35 TD's is nowhere near mediocre.

A decent defense could mean fewer TD passes and more running the ball, protecting big leads in the second half.

At any rate, it's not really realistic to expect Pat to put of 50 every year, I mean he's only the 3rd guy ever to do it period in the first place.
If Mahomes drops from 50 to 35 TD's that will look like a mediocre year.

Plus you are assuming the defense is going to be so good we can hold teams off for an entire half or quarter- which has been a disaster for Andy when he has gone conservative.

And just because you have a good defense that does not mean you can start running the ball at will on teams and protecting leads. Once again, we have not been able to do this for years now.

I think predicting a 30% drop off in TD's by Mahomes is unrealistic.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:15 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
If Mahomes drops from 50 to 35 TD's that will look like a mediocre year.

Plus you are assuming the defense is going to be so good we can hold teams off for an entire half or quarter- which has been a disaster for Andy when he has gone conservative.

And just because you have a good defense that does not mean you can start running the ball at will on teams and protecting leads. Once again, we have not been able to do this for years now.

I think predicting a 30% drop off in TD's by Mahomes is unrealistic.
35 TDs would have been 2nd in the league this year after Andrew Luck with 36. If you think Mahomes is going to throw 45-50 TDs every year, I got news for you.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:16 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
He meant that it is for Mahomes. :-)
Exactly, the media would be all over it. Why is Mahomes having such a bad year?

I am sure Mahomes would think it is mediocre since he has set his own level of success and only wants to get better.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:16 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
And just because you have a good defense that does not mean you can start running the ball at will on teams and protecting leads.
You might want to research Andy Reid.

The few games we did play decent defense Andy was doing exactly that with Mahkmws as his QB.
[Reply]
O.city 01:18 PM 02-19-2019
Dee Ford is going to end up getting over $17M, he's a defensive end now.

As for the cap space, you factor in PPE and bonuses and another $3M disappears. $4-5M for rookies. Sign Tyreek Hill and Chris Jones and the rest of it is gone.

They're not signing any marquis free agents. They don't have any money to do so.
They're not going to sign both Hill and Jones this offseason I doubt.

One maybe, not likely both.

They can make the money work if they want for whoever. It may end up biting them in the future, but if they do it and win a SB next year, I don't care.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:18 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Or get rid of Ford and we have 15.8 million more
If it's all about cap and nothing more, then shit-can all three of 'em.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:19 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
If it's all about cap and nothing more, then shit-can all three of 'em.
That's what they should do. They won't though.
[Reply]
O.city 01:21 PM 02-19-2019
I don't know if they can with Berry. It's been discussed ad nauseum and im still not sure.

Houston is pretty much gone if they're gonna tag Ford.

I'm not opposed to trading Ford but it would have to be a nice haul.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:24 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
The franchise record was 30, which stood forever. CP never fails to entertain.
A record that Mahomes destroyed.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:27 PM 02-19-2019
When we began this dialogue at the end of the season, it was agreed by all that tagging and trading Ford, restructuring Houston, and putting the June 1st banhammer on Berry was the way to fly.

It appears we have done one of those things. What has changed that we could not finish the scenario?
[Reply]
Page 161 of 324
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211261 > Last »
Up