ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Nzoner's Game Room>I'm retiring due to health reasons. AMA
BigRedChief 07:30 AM 04-15-2024
I have short term memory loss. The doctors can’t seem to find the root cause. This isn’t some forgetfulness, it’s serious. They tell me I have about 10 years before I will lose all short-term memory. I will retain all long-term memories. So that post you make about me in 2006 is still going to be up there in my noggin.

I have previously shared this diagnosis with the mods. I asked them to keep this information confined to the mod lounge. Which they did and I appreciated their consideration. They encouraged me to share this information with the rest of the Planet. It’s time to come clean.

I also have CLL (Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia). Its only put me in the hospital once and it usually does not kill people these days.

Would not be a BRC post without bragging so…. Last 10 years of my career, I architected, designed, and implemented the first cloud at Bank of America, the largest private cloud in the world for the military and for IBM, the world’s largest serverless IT infrastructure services provider with thousands of enterprise customers, thousands of applications in more than 60 countries.

You cannot do that kind of work without a functioning short-term memory, so I have no choice but to retire.

I’m 65. I’m being forced to retire a little early but only losing a couple of years anyway. I’ll have a comfortable retirement alongside my wife of 34 years.

AMA
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:53 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
That's the focus I have even though I did a lot of the heavy lifting myself to move up.

We onboarded a Help Desk Tech last fall and he was fortunate enough to be paired with me coming in. I've always been an open book when it comes to my knowledge and techniques and processes and encourage people to steal it for themselves and run with it.

Kid was smart enough to do exactly that so it was a pleasure to see him be promoted into my old role when I got moved up into a senior position.

Never understood the ones that hoard everything.
Glad to hear. I think most techs are like this. We are continually educating ourselves in tech. It never stops. Wellll it has for me now.

Didnt I help you out with a resume 15 years or so ago?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up