ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 24
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fisher has a Achilles injury
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:36 PM 01-24-2021

T Eric Fisher is out with an achilles injury.

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) January 25, 2021

tough break for Chiefs and Fisher. They'll play in Super Bowl without either starting tackle. https://t.co/O4KR9KJ65r

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) January 25, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:15 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
While I generally agree, how confident are we in Gay being ready to step up next year? I have a lot of hope for him, but he still seems extremely raw and i’m not really sure he ever got the opportunity to show much growth or improvement this year. Obviously he still made some nice plays, but he still seems to not know the defense and doesn’t exactly know what he’s doing a lot of the time. When he makes a play it seems to be pure athleticism and instinct, not exactly making a great read.

I certainly hope with a full off-season he gets more opportunity to grow.
He'll be the starter next year. That's why they slow-rolled him this year.
[Reply]
wazu 10:15 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, that hot garbage lacks athleticism but they generally understand the game. Young players, even ones that are athletic, make mental mistakes.

Two rookie tackles is a good recipe to get your QB killed.
I mostly agree. Doubt that 2 rookie tackles work out well. But I have seen plenty of first round LTs play just fine as rookies. We only get one first round pick, though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:15 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
I mostly agree. Doubt that 2 rookie tackles work out well. But I have seen plenty of first round LTs play just fine as rookies. We only get one first round pick, though.
Right.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:17 PM 01-25-2021
If Schwartz calls it quits...we have to do something with both Mathieu and Fishers contracts, probably some type of movement on Clark's too..

All that happens I won't be surprised if this team pursues Taylor Moton, they do value tackles.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If Schwartz calls it quits...we have to do something with both Mathieu and Fishers contracts, probably some type of movement on Clark's too..

All that happens I won't be surprised if this team pursues Taylor Moton, they do value tackles.
I like Moton and think he'd be a good get.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:19 PM 01-25-2021
By and large those LTs are usually drafted Top 10 though.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:20 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Guys, let's not re-litigate the Niang situation.

It's entirely possible it's a huge contradiction that he participated in a BLM protest and then opted out of the season.

It's also entirely possible that he participated in a single BLM protest because it was an emotional time and issue for him and he tried to keep appropriate distance from others. And it's possible he didn't see a contradiction in opting out of an NFL season where close contact was going to be the norm and no one had any idea how the season or the evolution of the virus was likely to proceed. I wouldn't be shocked if he deeply regretted that decision regardless of how the Chiefs had done.

It's also possible the guy has personal issues that we have no idea about.

We'll see what he's able to contribute next year. If we can win a SB without him this season, it's a nice win for the Chiefs that he chose to opt out as we have another year of his control.
Could also be that Niang had a unique opportunity to take a $150k advance and realized he can get paid while getting the badly needed rest to his hip.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:24 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Niang wants to skip out but can participate in BLM protests. Makes you wonder about if he really cares about football
Amen and Amen !!

What does it say about a kid's character and desire to play in the NFL especially being drafted by the defending SB champs knowing you have a great chance to repeat and protect the GOAT QB ??

Right now Niang will have to prove himself to me because right now he is on my sh** list.
_________
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:26 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Amen and Amen !!

What does it say about a kid's character and desire to play in the NFL especially being drafted by the defending SB champs knowing you have a great chance to repeat and protect the GOAT QB ??

Right now Niang will have to prove himself to me because right now he is on my sh** list.
_________
Considering he was rehabbing a serious hip injury and wasn't likely to play much this season...
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:26 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Your posts, somehow, continue to get dumber and dumber.
Ya think he was social distancing and wearing a mask at these BLM protests??:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:28 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You may want to think before typing on occasion.

A. I never said he didnt care about football, you made that claim up.

B. LDT is literally fighting covid in hospitals so thats an epically stupid comparison.

C. I didn't see where Damien was protesting in the streets.

Again think before you post for once on your life.

Goddamn man its possible to be rational and use your brain sometimes.
Oh, I thought you said this:

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Well I would normally agree but if he is correct in what he said his post is not dumb and makes a valid point.
in response to this:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Niang wants to skip out but can participate in BLM protests. Makes you wonder about if he really cares about football
Which is an insanely dumb take. But, you be you.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:29 PM 01-25-2021
Considering he was rehabbing a serious hip injury and wasn't likely to play much this season...
Doesn't matter. His lack of desire to be with the team and take the 'immediate out' says volumes. He could have been boning up on the playbook and keeping up with the mental side of the game big time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:31 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Doesn't matter. His lack of desire to be with the team and take the 'immediate out' says volumes. He could have been boning up on the playbook and keeping up with the mental side of the game big time.
And when the Chiefs welcome him back with open arms?

The fact that you care so much when the Chiefs don't "says volumes".
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:33 PM 01-25-2021
He very CLEARLY wasn't going to play. This is a huge part of the reason he lasted until the third round where the Chiefs scooped him up.

I'm not suggesting that the Chiefs encouraged him to opt out, but I doubt they discouraged it much either. He wasn't going to play anyway AND the Chiefs get to keep him under contract for an extra year when he likely WILL play.

I'm just not sure how Chief Fan remains oblivious to his well-known injury situation.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:33 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Which is an insanely dumb take. But, you be you.
Nice rebuttal. NOT ! But you are being you so not surprising.:-)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 24
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up