ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 24
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fisher has a Achilles injury
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:36 PM 01-24-2021

T Eric Fisher is out with an achilles injury.

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) January 25, 2021

tough break for Chiefs and Fisher. They'll play in Super Bowl without either starting tackle. https://t.co/O4KR9KJ65r

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) January 25, 2021

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:34 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Did anyone roll into his foot or was it a self-inflicted injury where he tried planting his foot and fell over?
Looked like it was self inflicted. He fell down and something happened. Nothing dirty about that play and no Chiefs *cough cough Erving got Fisher hurt
[Reply]
Mecca 12:34 PM 01-25-2021
Apparently we had Justin Britt in for a visit last week, wouldn't be surprised to see that signing.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:35 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by nychief:
Sure. But Tampa's line is a wrecking crew. Pat running for his life with a bum toe is not something I'm looking forward to. But, yeah, it is what it is... they have scheme it for the win.
Think I read they were missing someone on their line in the first game?

Their pass rush didn't impress me like the Saints, but then again Mahomes had several GREAT, quick throws in that game, too.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:39 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Think I read they were missing someone on their line in the first game?

Their pass rush didn't impress me like the Saints, but then again Mahomes had several GREAT, quick throws in that game, too.
Vita Vea, who’s more of a run stuffer than a pass rusher.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:41 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Remmers has done a hell of a job this year and tbh I’d resign him and make him the future RT
yeah....I think Remmers has quietly had a very nice year, and certainly made the absence of Schwartz seem not so bad.....we've managed very well there

Back to Fish: Last year when he was out, we had Cam Freakin Ervin starting there, and that was brutal but still won some games and were in every single one.....

If we get just "decent" LT play from the next man up, with the way Pat moves and Reid designs moving pockets and roll outs, we should be fine for one game....
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:42 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Vita Vea, who’s more of a run stuffer than a pass rusher.
Same with Suh.

It’s primarily just JPP and Barrett to worry about in terms of their pass rush.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:44 PM 01-25-2021
Fish is a huge part of what we do offensively. He's great in pass pro and is a hell of a run blocker (see: Hardman's sweep last night where he and Reuter were down field blocking). We WILL miss him.

That being said, Andy and EB have two weeks. Veach has been nails at identifying talent so that the "next man in" is at least competent. Hell, Wylie on a bum wheel looked good last night.

We'll have a game plan and we'll execute it. Somehow, someway, Red is going to use this against TB.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:45 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Same with Suh.

It’s primarily just JPP and Barrett to worry about in terms of their pass rush.
Yea and when they have Vea and Suh out there you just don’t run up the middle. You throw the ball using the short passing game as an extension of the run game, and you run outside.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:46 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Apparently we had Justin Britt in for a visit last week, wouldn't be surprised to see that signing.
I'd love that. I don't know what he has left, but dude is a champion wrestler and is tough as nails.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:48 PM 01-25-2021
So just doing the maths. Rankin and Durant have actually played nfl snaps at tackle in the league. Prince Tego is talented but has no experience yet. Meanwhile Wylie played against the Saints and done well from what I recall chiefs talking heads saying.

It's gonna be two choices.

1. Stick Remmers at LT, put Wylie at RT and Wiz at guard.

2. Stick Rankin at LT and leave the line as it was.

The great thing is we have the experience of the bills and saints road games where we had new lines...and the new line will have two weeks to prepare which is an advantage.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:50 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea and when they have Vea and Suh out there you just don’t run up the middle. You throw the ball using the short passing game as an extension of the run game, and you run outside.
Folks have suggested they are vulnerable against jet sweeps too as the rams exploited it.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:19 PM 01-25-2021
What’s up with Cordy Glenn?
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:32 PM 01-25-2021
Doesn't sound like Mitchell will be making a heroic return.

Originally Posted by :
“I can’t tell you I’m that optimistic about it,” head coach Andy Reid said on Monday, via Sam McDowell of the Kansas City Star.

Mike Remmers has been starting at right tackle in place of Schwartz, and Reid called him “dirty tough” on Monday.

[Reply]
penguinz 01:36 PM 01-25-2021
As far as Fish's recovery... He should be good for next season. He is not a sprinter so there should not be as long of recovery for him.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:50 PM 01-25-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Recovery time for torn Achilles

Rehab and Activity
At some point as you recover, your provider will ask you to begin moving your heel. This may be as soon as 2 to 3 weeks or as long 6 weeks after your injury. With the help of physical therapy, most people can return to normal activity in 4 to 6 months

Given that he’s an athlete with some of the best doctors, I can see him only missing 1-2 games, just my opinion though. He’ll be back.
We'll be lucky if he's starting games by Halloween.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 24
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up