ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Lenny Dawson, I Hope You Are Well
WilliamTheIrish 10:25 AM 01-18-2020
This huge game is upon again and I’ve heard from a number of your contemporaries from the glory days. However, we (I) miss your hearing your thoughts on this game and hope you’re able to enjoy it.

Since exiting the booth, I’m glad you’ve been able to reap the benefits of a private life. Kansas City affords that luxury to former superstars.

We met at the first Chiefs Huddle Club that took place in my town. You and Bobby Bell were there. Giants among regular men and boys. Still wish I had the T-shirt. It was worn until it was nothing but a rag. They gave out the “WolfPack” license plates also. Somebody in family probably has that hidden away somewhere.

You signed those little plastic footballs for us all. I played with it until our dog chewed it to pieces. I’ll always remember that day. It was bigger to me than the Super Bowl as I look back on it. Oh, the heroes us little boys have.

Pat Mahomes is a different kind of QB than you were. But damn if he isn’t in sync with this town. When he paid homage to you by wearing that jacket with your image from SBI I couldn’t help but think how fortunate the Chiefs are to have a guy like him leading your team.

I’m hoping we have the chance to see just one “Choir Huddle” when we take the field.

To the ‘ship, Leonard.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:29 PM 01-18-2020
Amen.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:46 PM 01-18-2020
Beautiful worded.

I had the same admiration. Anything Chiefs was gotten for me as a kid. I bet you even bought Lenny’s QB Technique book too.

I hope he’s doing well.

[Reply]
mlyonsd 12:52 PM 01-18-2020
All those years I listened to him during the game radio broadcasts.

I'd have loved to hear him do them for Pat the last two years.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:13 PM 01-18-2020
Wish he could beat the drum for the game or one of his grandkids. Hearts and prayers out to Lenny the Cool
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:28 PM 01-18-2020
Is he in bad health or somethin??
[Reply]
Warrior5 04:36 PM 01-18-2020
This fan's greatest desire for tomorrow evening is to see Mahomes, Hunt, and Dawson lift the Hunt trophy.

Lenny was the last one to do that...
[Reply]
Dartgod 04:57 PM 01-18-2020
I've been wondering the same thing. We haven't seen or heard from Lenny in some time. I hope he's in good health and just prefers to enjoy his privacy.
[Reply]
Dartgod 04:59 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Warrior5:
This fan's greatest desire for tomorrow evening is to see Mahomes, Hunt, and Dawson lift the Hunt trophy.

Lenny was the last one to do that...
Not even Lenny has hoisted the Lamar Hunt Trophy. It wasn't called that until the 84-85 season.
[Reply]
DanT 04:59 PM 01-18-2020
Great post, WilliamTheIrish!
[Reply]
FAX 05:04 PM 01-18-2020
Amen.

FAX
[Reply]
BWillie 05:41 PM 01-18-2020
Len Dawson is perhaps the most underrated Quartback of all time. The guy had THREE seasons with a QB rating over 96.....in the 60s. Simply amazing.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:26 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by :
I bet you even bought Lenny’s QB Technique book too

Although I remember the book, I never owned it.

What I would give to have one of those little plastic footballs though. They were tough to control. Took a lotta practice.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:29 PM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Is he in bad health or somethin??
I am unaware of any official health issues with Lenny. But not seeing him on the news or seeing him interviewed has made a touch leery. He’s 84 now.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:50 PM 01-18-2020
I also wish him well!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up