ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Not gonna lie, If the Chiefs win on Sunday...
Carlota69 01:18 PM 01-17-2020
...Im gonna cry like a girl.

I am a girl, so it works out in my favor, but man, the eyes begin to well just thinking about the boys FINALLY going to the Super Bowl.

I may just watch this game at home, with no one except my dog, and even then I may put her doggy day care just so she doesn't have to witness my emotions on Sunday...Good or Bad.

Anyone else bringing the kleenex to the watch game? Anyone else watching this game alone?
[Reply]
KCTitus 05:41 PM 01-17-2020
I'm not yet sure how I will react...

I jumped out of my chair when KC intercepted Brady last year thinking KC was headed to the SuperBowl only to, yet again, have my heart ripped out thanks to a flag.

It might take some time after the game for me to realize that KC is playing for the championship.

If they lose...well, hell, I'm all too used to that. One thing is for sure, they will be back.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 05:50 PM 01-17-2020
I am doing the rinse lather repeat on Sunday.
At exactly Midnight I am firing up the big Green egg.
At 1:30 sunday AM I will start smoking 10 lbs of brisket
Right before kickoff I will remove brisket and wrap in swaddling clothes until half time.
We will consume the brisket during the second half.
I will shead a tear after the win and blame it on how damn good the brisket was.
Had planned on going to the game but decided to witness history at home with a group of young adults who I have raised to be Ultimate Chiefs fans in the land of Donk
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 05:52 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
The game itself wouldn't make me emotional.

Knowing all the family, friends that loved the team, and knowing that some of them are not here in this life to see another chance at the ultimate goal? Yea, that makes me a little bit emotional.

Those are things I miss and the people I will think about when we win.

A lot of great people in my life,
Yeah. Lost my Dad last year...he would have loved seeing this playoff run.

Gonna be wearing his Chiefs coat at Arrowhead. Already told my daughter I will be crying like a baby when we win.
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 06:47 PM 01-17-2020
Last yr for about 10 seconds I thought we won the game.
My wife and kids watched me jump around and scream like I was 10 yrs old.
Then I saw it the Yellow flag...
Then My wife and kids got to see me cry like I was 8.

I lost my Dad 4 months ago and we so loved this time a yr.
He was a Die Hard Giants fan & I a Chiefs fan.
We'd bust each others balls etc..
I'll be thinking of him if they Win and how I cant just call him up and say how about those Chiefs!
But I know somewhere he'll be smiling for me.

Honestly I'll probably scream and jump then cry like a baby then tingle all over as I sit back in the recliner with the biggest smile and a Boner so big I've got to look around it to see the TV to watch the post game.

Then I'll reflect on all the Chief team thru the years and all the times I was so hoping THIS is the yr.

From Marty to DT
I remember when I was younger how damn much I wanted to see Marty get that win yr after yr it seemed right there.
Then DV... Trent to Priest.
Too many players..yrs..teams to name but you know what I'm saying.

If they do win and Reid starts tearing up it'll be all over for me.
He so deserves it all those yrs with the Eagles & of course now Us.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:06 PM 01-17-2020
I'll be more likely to shed a tear if we win.

If we lose, well, I've walked out of there with that dead feeling many times before.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 07:08 PM 01-17-2020
I hate that they have me working sunday and superbowl sunday. I told them face first they going to get distracted Brad I need the chiefs to win!
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 08:29 PM 01-17-2020
I'll be watching this with my parents and the wife.

They would know how much a trip to the Super Bowl would mean, but I expect my phone to be blowing up no matter what happens from friends either expressing congratulations or chirping how shitty the Chiefs still are :-)
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 08:31 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
I'm not yet sure how I will react...

I jumped out of my chair when KC intercepted Brady last year thinking KC was headed to the SuperBowl only to, yet again, have my heart ripped out thanks to a flag.

It might take some time after the game for me to realize that KC is playing for the championship.

If they lose...well, hell, I'm all too used to that. One thing is for sure, they will be back.
Last year, I experienced a Super Bowl trip for about 14 seconds prior to the ref killing that notion.
I'm hoping I get to experience it for 14 days this time around.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:31 PM 01-17-2020
Two more wins to glory!
[Reply]
PHOG 08:35 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Carlota69:

I am a girl, so it works out in my favor, but man, the eyes begin to well just thinking about the boys FINALLY going to the Super Bowl.

I may just watch this game at home, with no one except my dog, and even then I may put her doggy day care just so she doesn't have to witness my emotions on Sunday...Good or Bad.

Anyone else bringing the kleenex to the watch game? Anyone else watching this game alone?
Only if they win the Super Bowl. Then maybe. But nah.

After the 2nd one next year, then most likely.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:36 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by MMXcalibur:
Last year, I experienced a Super Bowl trip for about 14 seconds prior to the ref killing that notion.
I'm hoping I get to experience it for 14 days this time around.
Heh. I blame myself for that loss. When that play happened I let my guard down and yelled something like HELL YES WE'RE GOING TO THE SB.

Not this year. Not until Pat is pimping the crowd between kneel downs.
[Reply]
digger 08:40 PM 01-17-2020
No one will really be alone watching on Sunday, we have CP, we have each other.
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:50 PM 01-17-2020
I'm really sorry to hear how many of you have lost their father in the last year or so...Chiefs fan or not, I know they would have been celebrating right behind you.

My father, who made me the Chiefs fan I am today, was at the Christmas Day game of 1971, when I was just a wee lad.

I want to see KC go all the way if not for me, but for my dad...and all the other dads who might be looking down and smiling come Sunday.
[Reply]
penchief 10:25 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
No man should ever ball over a sporting event. The players don’t even do that.

Nor should he shout profanities or yell but I’m guilty of that so I’ll let it slide.
I won't lie. I was telling my mom on the phone how great it would be to see Clark holding that trophy bearing his dad's name. Mid sentence, I had to take a moment to gather myself because I had a rush of emotions that almost brought tears to my eyes. If I'm lucky enough to see that, I really do think that particular moment is going to tug on my heart strings.
[Reply]
Vegas_Dave 10:34 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Carlota69:

Right there with ya girl... Except I'm a guy, but I'll still likely cry.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up