Capital Grille 11 16.92%
Great Plains Cattle Co 0 0%
Gordon Ramsay Steak 2 3.08%
McCormick 0 0%
Fogo De Chau 1 1.54%
Em Chamas 0 0%
Johnnys Italian Steakhouse 1 1.54%
Gaslight Grill 1 1.54%
I eat my steak medium-well or well-done so I am therefore not allowed to participate in this poll. 4 6.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Best Steakhouse in Kansas City area
BWillie 10:33 PM 01-16-2020
Best steakhouse in Kansas City. It's also restaurant week in Kansas City which unfortunately seems to get less appealing every year, but still a nice selection.

POLE
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:39 AM 01-17-2020
I ate at CC's City Broiler in CoMo just after Christmas, and it was fantastic. A bit pricey but the 10oz King Filet, the lobster mashed potatoes, grilled scallops, bacon buffalo shrimp, and sauteed sqash were all amazing.

That being said, I picked up a couple good looking ribeyes at Lucky's yesterday that I'm about to cook up with some eggs and hash browns since I'm iced in right now, and I don't know if it will be better than CC's, but for the combo of price and not having to leave the house will be pretty tough to beat :-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:44 AM 01-17-2020
Expensive, but 801 is awesome. Been to both the original in Des Moines and KC... Expensive, but unbelievable.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:48 AM 01-17-2020
I will say, however, when we ate at Pierponts, the steak was amazing, but our side were fucking awful. My wife ordered Mac and cheese with lobster in it and it tasted like plain al dente noodles with butter. All in all the experience wast worth the price. Steak was awesome though.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 12:01 PM 01-17-2020
I've never had a bad steak at Pierpont's.

And believe it or not.....the Outlaw Rib Eye (Bone-in) at Longhorn's in Independence stands up to most of the steaks from the more expensive places in KC. Had them at other restaurants in the Longhorn chain and they weren't as good as the one in Independence. But I have never had a bad one there. They were all delicious!
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:02 PM 01-17-2020
It really sucks that majority of great steakhouses in a city that has a history tied to beef are out of town chains.
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:20 PM 01-17-2020
Not one of those places existed when I lived there.

What, no love for Mr. Steak? I remember the one in northtown would give you a free dinner on your birthday.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:21 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Except dipshit didn’t make results public. Lame
Crap so you cant see any results at all? Anyway to update it?

801 Chophouse & Capital Grille currently winning. I had 801 Chophouse in St Louis and I wasn't impressed at least compared to the price. I picked Stockhill. More expensive, but much better.

Originally Posted by MotherJefer:
This list is missing a lot of my favorites. Golden Ox, Piropos, Anton’s.
Golden Ox is closed.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:29 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
I've never had a bad steak at Pierpont's.

And believe it or not.....the Outlaw Rib Eye (Bone-in) at Longhorn's in Independence stands up to most of the steaks from the more expensive places in KC. Had them at other restaurants in the Longhorn chain and they weren't as good as the one in Independence. But I have never had a bad one there. They were all delicious!
Always depends on who's running the grill.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:34 PM 01-17-2020
honestly, I can't remember the last steak I ordered at any restaurant that I felt was better than I'd cook at home.

I still order steak sometimes when I'm out for dinner, but I'm usually underwhelmed.

It's not rocket science. It doesn't require a chef. Just a good cut of meat and a cook that knows how to cook a steak.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:38 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Crap so you cant see any results at all? Anyway to update it?

801 Chophouse & Capital Grille currently winning. I had 801 Chophouse in St Louis and I wasn't impressed at least compared to the price. I picked Stockhill. More expensive, but much better.

Golden Ox is closed.
Did it close again? Or were you unaware that it reopened?
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:42 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
honestly, I can't remember the last steak I ordered at any restaurant that I felt was better than I'd cook at home.

I still order steak sometimes when I'm out for dinner, but I'm usually underwhelmed.

It's not rocket science. It doesn't require a chef. Just a good cut of meat and a cook that knows how to cook a steak.
I mean, that’s mostly true until you get to the high end places. I mean, I don’t know about you, but I’m not grilling with dry-aged prime.
[Reply]
scho63 02:32 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Many of these I've never been to, but J. Gilbert’s was the best steak I'd ever had.
I ate at the J. Gilbert's in McLean VA and it's pretty damn good food across the board. :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:34 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Except dipshit didn’t make results public. Lame
At the time I posted that he had no poll and it wasn't even clear if he was asking a question or trying to say some steakhouse was the best in KC.

Many edits later and I'm guessing some help from the mods and it's a better thread.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:38 PM 01-17-2020
Does anyone remember a place called the Tumbleweed near the San Jacinto monument in Texas? It was like a road house with long tables. I was a kid but I swear that's still the best steak I ever had. Probably because they slathered it with butter.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:40 PM 01-17-2020
Damn living in Iowa I haven't tried but maybe 5 of these places... guess that just means I'll have to check them all out so I can accurately vote in this poll
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up