No it's not a penalty but -King- is still a dumbass 10 6.90%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Should they have called this unnecessary roughness
-King- 11:25 PM 12-08-2019

They would call this if it was on Brady #KCvsNE pic.twitter.com/Ml8caUNpxG

— Koro (@nonsmoknlifboat) December 8, 2019

This is an argument I'm having in another thread. Supposedly this hit should have been flagged because Mahomes was heading out of bounds even though he asnt officially out of bounds yet. IMO, there's no way this should be flagged. A player in bounds is a player in bounds and can get hit. As much as I'd love for Mahomes to be protected, objectively there's no way they should call a penalty here.

Also it's weird how people hate the refs but want to add even more subjectivity to how they rule. So now they have to guess if a player is clearly going out of bounds on not? Makes no sense to me but hey...I'm CPs chief contrarian so I may be way off...
[Reply]
jjjayb 12:51 AM 12-09-2019
He contacted Mahomes while he was still inbounds but he didn't shove him until he was out of bounds. Should have been a penalty.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:59 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
He contacted Mahomes while he was still inbounds but he didn't shove him until he was out of bounds. Should have been a penalty.
Correct
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 01:20 AM 12-09-2019
1. Should have been called for unnecessary roughness.

2. The bench should have cleared and clobbered the guy.
[Reply]
-King- 03:56 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's not just Brady. That gets called probably 80% of the time on any QB.
Any examples? I asked this in the other thread and somehow the only example someone posted was the Chris Jones penalty on Brady last year. Don't ask me how it relates to this play because I'm still trying to figure it out.

I've literally never seen it called and people not say it was a bad call. Because it's literally a bad call. It's not a subjective penalty at all. A late hit OOB is a late hit OOB. There's no subjectivity that would allow the ref to throw a flag because the player was heading out of bounds.
[Reply]
-King- 04:00 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
It’s not a penalty what’s wrong with you people? Bet your fucking ass they better not call that shit when we play Lamar Jackson.
This is insane right?
[Reply]
Coogs 06:27 AM 12-09-2019
That is the true definition of unnecessary roughness. I realize the game is tackle football. But that is unnecessary roughness.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:34 AM 12-09-2019
I think he touched him while he was still inbounds, but yeah - there was no threat of him doing anything but running out. That should have been a penalty.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:38 AM 12-09-2019
He started the tackle while Mahomes was still in bounds. Totally legit.

He probably should have let up as Mahomes stepped out. It’s a tough call. Probably looks worse than it actually was.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:47 AM 12-09-2019
If you follow the letter of the law then no it shouldn’t be a penalty. If you follow the accepted rule of thumb in regards to a situation such as this then it absolutely should have been a penalty. Penalty or not if he were a different QB then it without a doubt would have been called. They need to enforce it properly or at least use the same standards across the board and not pick and choose when it is and is not a penalty.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:03 AM 12-09-2019
During a hit after a pass is thrown in bounds, if the player doesn't let up it's a penalty. When a player has given up by sliding forcible contact is a penalty. When he is out of bounds or partially out then it should be a penalty as well and is normally called as such. I saw 2 hits on PMII yesterday that should of been flagged but they (the refs) let the Chiefs sack TB 3 times and hit him a couple without flags so I'm not really mad about it. If the flags were falling when TB was getting hit but not PMII then I would of been more pissed.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 07:11 AM 12-09-2019
It should have been called, he pushed him a lot harder than needed to get him out of bounds. He pushed him hard enough to where he could have been seriously hurt with all the shit on the sidelines and honestly I was surprised he didnt get hurt there. That's where the unnecessary part comes in
[Reply]
oldman 07:20 AM 12-09-2019
By the book, no, he was a runner. But we see that called every week when it's an established star QB. One way or another, NFL.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:52 AM 12-09-2019
He was still in bounds while he got touched. The rest is b*******.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:00 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
what's bullshit?

there was no call
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:05 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Beandip? baconstrip? burgerbun? barnicals? blueballs? badcackles? birdpoop? beanyweinies? budweiser? buttwhipes? buttholesurfer?

I don't know what kind of bullshit word you're trying to say ?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up