ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 27
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Broncos
TLO 08:11 PM 12-08-2019
The Patriots have been disposed of, and now we're onto the Broncos.

The Broncos put a complete ass whipping on the Texans today, not many saw that coming.

Let's talk about it in here.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:35 PM 12-09-2019
Dan Fouts on Sunday...

[Reply]
Clyde Frog 03:36 PM 12-09-2019
Why not give us Trent and let Fouts cover his precious? At least he hates us both equally.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:37 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Why the 11.5 spread? That's high for any NFL game.
Vegas thinks the Chiefs are that much better. Duh.
[Reply]
O.city 03:38 PM 12-09-2019
Thank god i'll be at the game and won't have to listen to Fouts.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:41 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Dan Fouts on Sunday...

Figures. You know he'll be gushing over Lock.

Already sick of the hype. Houston plays Tennessee this week and clearly got caught looking past Denver. If nothing else, Lock got everybody's attention, so he won't sneak up on us.

Also, the poor bastard's a life long Chiefs fan from Lee's Summit, and his first game at Arrowhead will be as a Bronco. He will be reviled by the same people he once called his own. I suspect that will play hell with his psyche.

Plus, since this is a huge game for him, I expect he'll shit his pants, since that what he always did in huge games for Missouri.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:41 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Why the 11.5 spread? That's high for any NFL game.
Probably because we just beat the Patriots. And we destroyed the Broncos in DEN without Pat. Now this game is in Arrowhead, the OL is healthy, Their OL is the same one that gave up 8 sacks, they're without Sanders and Fant, and Pat is back.

So whatever the spread was for the first game (can't remember what it was, but I'm thinking probably about a TD), then add at least 4-6 points because Pat.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:47 PM 12-09-2019
Anyone want a good laugh? :-)

https://www.orangemane.com/forum/ora...atrick-mahomes
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:51 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Probably because we just beat the Patriots. And we destroyed the Broncos in DEN without Pat. Now this game is in Arrowhead, the OL is healthy, Their OL is the same one that gave up 8 sacks, they're without Sanders and Fant, and Pat is back.

So whatever the spread was for the first game (can't remember what it was, but I'm thinking probably about a TD), then add at least 4-6 points because Pat.
What happened to Fant? He had a big game against Houston.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 03:52 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Anyone want a good laugh? :-)

https://www.orangemane.com/forum/ora...atrick-mahomes
That Ackbar gif is lit. They're also fucking morons living in denial.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:56 PM 12-09-2019
Op from the link above:

"Choose your franchise centerpiece: Drew Lock, or Patrick Mahomes?
12-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Okay, let’s pretend that we get a call from the league tomorrow. They say, essentially, “It’s in our best interest to help the proud, historic franchises with the consistent fan bases. So, we’re going to let you choose the QB to build around. You can keep what you have, or you can take any other QB in the division.” (This scenario is actually not that far-fetched, as I can’t imagine Mahomes will choose to stay in a place like Kansas City any longer than he has to, which means two more seasons.)

Who do you choose?

As I see it, there are actually some decent justifications for Mahomes. Yes, he’s a system QB. But if you have an offensive staff that is willing to tailor the offense to his strengths, that can be okay. Also, while he’s definitely showing himself to be fragile, you have to assume a smarter franchise would 1) invest so that he’s not behind a crappy offensive line; and B) avoid brain farts, like running a guy with a fragile body into the heart of one of the more vicious defenses in the league. Honestly, I don’t see any reason why, managed properly, he couldn’t have a nice, little 8-10 year career in this league, a la Joe Flacco (who, let’s not forget, won that one Super Bowl).

On the other side, Lock does seem to have that almost magical quality so many of the greats have. His arm compares to Elway’s, when he came into the league. And while he doesn’t run quite as well as Lamar Jackson, he makes Mahomes look like Carson Palmer, towards the end of his career. You can plug him into any system, and have it work (you don’t have to dumb anything down, like they’ve done in KC). And he has a body that looks built to hold up in the NFL. Can you imagine a guy like Drew Lock’s numbers dropping off as severely as Mahomes, in his second year? Yeah, I can’t either. Throw in the fact that Lock is more than a year younger than Mahomes, and the needle pushes even more in his direction.

So, do you go with the guy who had a nice second year in the league, despite not being able to really crack the lineup as a rookie? Or do you go with the guy who looks like he might be The Natural? Do you go with the guy who will probably have a nice career as an upper-level, second-tier QB in the league? Or do you go with the guy who has the physical talent to be the GOAT, but has one less season to have proven himself, at this point?

Don’t get me wrong. I think that most league people would basically say, “Duh, you take Lock.” But I think it might be closer than we might assume. What do you think?"

I've read it twice; it's still just about the dumbest take I've read about Pat. Which is saying something.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:59 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
What happened to Fant? He had a big game against Houston.
I heard on ESPN that they had to cart him off the field last night?

Never mind, I found a story about it; he has a (probably) minor foot injury, and something wrong with his hip. DEN is optimistic at this point. Tests to follow.

https://sports.yahoo.com/noah-fant-b...200345203.html
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:46 PM 12-09-2019
Coming in from PA for game will be my first. My hotel is 10 miles from arrowhead what time should I leave to go to game?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:55 PM 12-09-2019
I’ll be shocked if Drew Lock is prepared for the complexity Steve Spagnuolo is going to show him on Sunday.

He is physically very talented, but his college experience didn’t prepare him for handling the type of exotic blitzes and coverages the Chiefs have been succeeding with. He’s a tough player who can make some crazy plays because of his physical ability, but reading and diagnosing pre-snap was not a strength displayed in college.

I’m sure the Broncos are doing a good job with him, but that’s a lot to ask of him in six months.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:00 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Op from the link above:

[B]"Choose your franchise centerpiece: Drew Lock, or Patrick Mahomes?
12-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Okay, let’s pretend that we get a call from the league tomorrow. They say, essentially, “It’s in our best interest to help the proud, historic franchises with the consistent fan bases. So, we’re going to let you choose the QB to build around. You can keep what you have, or you can take any other QB in the division.” (This scenario is actually not that far-fetched, as I can’t imagine Mahomes will choose to stay in a place like Kansas City any longer than he has to, which means two more seasons.)

Who do you choose?

As I see it, there are actually some decent justifications for Mahomes. Yes, he’s a system QB.
:-) stopped reading right there.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:01 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-) stopped reading right there.
Oh, it gets better . . . I was literally laughing to tears about halfway through.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 27
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up